What do you think or would like to learn about them?
What do you think or would like to learn about them?
Tom Sawyer, The Psychologist
Tom SAWYER - a hero of Mark Twain's book.
1. An ardent enthusiast. He is a highly spiritual, artistic individual. The Psychologist quickly resolves any personal problems, always relying upon his talent for immediate improvisation instead of preparing the work in advance. He loves situations when new and exciting undertakings come up, when it is possible to demonstrate his own and others’ talents; when one can still expect the most unusual development of events.
2. A Don Juan. He gauges various virtues and talents in the people he meets and cannot hold back from reporting his observations to them with great enthusiasm. Often other people mistake his dramatic display of emotions for his real feelings, which earns him the reputation of a Don Juan. In fact, he is quite conservative in his feelings, attached to a close circle of his friends, whose opinions hold great weight for him and totally determine his mood, behavior, and knowledge. If he really is a playboy, he does not hide it.
3. Sensitive. His speech is often romantic, his smiles are enticing, but very often that’s as far as it goes. His motto is ‘emotional power over all and sexual freedom from all’.
4. "Modest". As a rule, he is not ambitious, because he can enjoy the circle of his friends and the anticipation of something interesting. Unlike The Politician, who likes to be an obvious ruler of the situation, he prefers to be its covert ruler. And his influence is directed first of all towards making other people reveal their skills and talents.
5. A scientist. He is sensitive about how others evaluate his mental skills. Often he strives to get a degree in higher learning, achieve scientific recognition and awards: this gives him the opportunity to work with a clear conscience (without having to doubt his qualifications). He is touchy when other people criticize ideas that he holds dear, or deny him and his friends’ talents. This is why he prefers the company of those who share his beliefs.
6. A person of mood. His mood determines everything: plans for the future, self-estimation, and ideas about the world. Ambitious plans can change to disappointment and sadness; but interesting news, praise, or an unexpected interesting opportunity immediately lifts his spirits. Boredom can even make him ill.
7. Altruistic. He is ready to help other people in solving their personal problems. The greatest pleasure for him is to find a way out from the situation that others consider hopeless. He is capable of demonstrating friendliness and benevolence to all. However, he saves his real efforts for about whom he is serious, and in this case he does much more than people ever expect from him and more than he himself promises.
Your dual (psychologically complementary type): Gabin, The Craftsman (sensory-logical introvert).
ENFPs are normally either tall and often quiet even though they are extrovert or short and full figured. The latter are more movable and energetic and their gait is quick and erratic. ENFPs often walk with their feet apart. Slim ENFPs often have a crafty look in their eyes. Sometimes, when they are inactive, their faces can have an astonished look about them.
Generally ENFPs have straight proportional noses. Full figured ENFPs have corpulent faces and quite often a nice smile. Their facial structure is rather round with softer edges. They seem to always be in a good mood. They like to have fun, to laugh and to joke. They can also have flashing eyes which combines very well with their overall playful disposition. ENFPs pay great attention to their appearance.
ENFPs choice of clothes and accessories are quite characteristic especially in women. They often neglect some part of their outfit which can give a romantic and liberated feeling to their style. All ENFPs dress in a way that indicates a sense of the theatrical.
Male ENFPs, with their charming, complimentary and affable manner are quite successful when it comes to conquering the hearts of the opposite sex. Because of female ENFPs playful dispositions, they can sometimes go over the top without realising, which often provokes a strong response from males. If they see the males taking their behaviour seriously they may try to halt the proceedings. If this is insufficient they can resort to physical action.
Generally ENFPs are very emotional and spontaneous during interactions. They know how to find that special way of dealing with almost anybody. ENFPs are quite comfortable to talk to and are talented interlocutors. They often help people to extricate themselves from difficult situations. Their advice is normally based on ethical grounds. ENFPs are often optimistic and it is not uncommon for them to transfer this optimism to others.
ENFPs pay the least attention possible to details. This is often interpreted by others as superficiality. This peculiarity enables ENFPs to swallow lots of information without chewing it. After taking the cream from the surface of one sphere of interests ENFPs can become bored and start looking for different interests. They often change their interests. Wherever ENFPs go they have a characteristic ability to create a circle of friends and acquaintances and be at the centre of attention. They respect and preserve the opinions of the circle, taking an active part in defending and promoting them.
ENFPs are quick to mobilise themselves in extreme situations. When in the midst of chaos and panic they are able to take control of the situation if there is no one else available or willing. However in day to day life they are usually quite disorganised and do not cope well with routine matters. They also do not perform well at all when it comes to dealing with documentation.
ENFPs are very sociable types and are driven towards the easy life. They are very dependent on their desires. They do not mind spending a fair amount of money just to fulfil these desires. ENFPs also strive for adventure, improvisation and unplanned actions.
Very sociable, temperamental, mobile person. The initiator of many affairs. However is distinguished through great restlessness and fickleness. A very creative person, but can be extrenely undisciplined. He can splash out his discontent even on his boss and does not recon a subordination. May wear emphatic, even loud clothes.
Sees the latent inclinations and attachments in people, prefers to work on a short psychological distance (unlike Reporter). Loves giving advice, has a bent for psychoanalysis, thus stakes on the positive qualities of people. Can stand for others and assert their interests, but finds it difficult to stand for himself. Prefers wearing boxy clothes ofmild colors.
PS: excuse my English...
These subtype descriptions by Valentina Meged - Psychologist (intuitive-ethical extrovert) ENFP and Anatoly Ovcharov - Craftsman (sensory-logical introvert) ISTP, can be confusing and opinions on them are divided but nonetheless they should be worth looking at, in my opinion they can be of some use in typing.
This description was from www.socionics.org
Sotsionicheskaya newspaper: № 01 (01), 22.11.2002
Note of editorial staff.
Attention! Until now in sotsionike there is a large problem because the authors of the different theories of subtypes so did not agree about the general terminology. There exists as the minimum of 3 theories of 32 subtypes (authors of present article, V.V.Gulenko and Ye.S.Filatovoy). In each of these theories the type is divided into two subtypes, as the authors consider, with the "intensive" first or second function (i.e. for example logico- intuitive introvert it can be "logical" or "intuitive" subtype). Problem in the fact that each divides type in in own way own way, and here terms are used the same. We request to consider this with reading of article.
We focus attention on the fact that also the pseudonyms of types all the more subtypes, used in this article, they are not in sotsionike conventional.
Intuitive- ethical ekstravert: INSPIRER, ENFP
Eyes in Iee are mobile and are expressive. They reflect well internal emotional state and relation to others. Their expression is very variable. View frequently is scattered, but it becomes penetrating and deep, when it is concentrated on the collocutor. Usually benevolent, merry and even coquettish, under the effect of the emotions it can become stressed and angry.
The mimicry of face corresponds to emotional state. Emotions Iee are very variable; therefore mimicry is diverse - from the infectious laughter to the strong disturbance, from the ecstasy to the quiet pensiveness. In it frequently there is the suspended, dreamy expression of face. Smile appears easily and naturally on face Iee.
Sometimes it can express encouragement, even if at this moment for it it is necessary to voice unpleasant things. Usually on the people it develops optimist; therefore if mood in it poor, smile and expression of eyes can not coincide. The intonations of voice also issue well its internal state.
The motions are irregular, are impulsive, flattened. Poses Iee are free and are unconstrained, sometimes somewhat theatrical, if he feels, that it is examined. Gait a little loosened or neskoordinirovanaya. It walks rapidly, easily, being frequently encountered the obstacles. The manners of behavior are simple and natural, but it is a little demonstrative. It does not love touchs and familiarity. Distance in the contact skillfully is regulated.
Intuitive subtype produces the impression of person, a little torn from the reality, internally concentrated and at the same time scattered. It is inclined to the unexpected contrasts of the behavior: shyness and apathy can be changed into by emotional lift, determination and activity, the melancholy expression of face - to voodushevlennoye or glad. Thoughtful and impulsive, optimistic and depressed, shy and energetic, it produces diverse impression. Internally contradictory, touchy and ranimyy, it hides its problems under the mask of lightheartedness. He tries to be affable with all, it attempts each to understand, to give presents by smile. It is attentive, soft and tactful, it locates to the confidence. Willingly it investigates the problems of others, he tries to find way out of the difficult situation, to give advice. It protects its views emotionally, it can show psychological pressure on the opponent. Motions are badly coordinated, impulsive, a little angular. Gait is rapid, somewhat clumsy. Chin is frequently sharpened, the view attentive, interrogative or astonished, penetrating.
The ethical subtype of artistichen, is impatient, a little extravagant. It is not predicted in its actions and statements. It loves to astonish or to entertain those surrounding, even insignificant events it can present as sensation. He frequently becomes the soul of the company: it is confident in itself, with a good feeling of humor, it is natural and it is very impulsive. It is characterized by sincerity and directness of child, who does not hide his feelings. It can create the almost domestic situation of contact even with the unfamiliar people. Willingly he speaks compliments, is enraptured by those surrounding. It is optimistic and friendly. Obayatelen is coquettish, but it is too straight-line and rash in statements and behavior. This produces the impression of the apparent accessibility or theatricality. At times it is energetic, by periods concentrated. It looks directly, attentively, without blinking. The motions are sharp, are decisive. The gait is swift, is confident, although it is a little angular. Frequently has rounded face, loves originally, also, with the taste to dress, to produce impression, to be pleased by that surrounding.
That part sound like my brother.Originally Posted by Malyshka
ENFPs rule, they are the only ones who can take an ISTP like me out of my shell!
I deffinitly agree.Originally Posted by IcEPiCk
And for INTps like me, prolonged exposure to the ENFp type can cause heavy disillusionment and doubt whether he/she has any depth whatsoever.
I'm sorry for coming off a bit mean, but I've just spent a week with an ENFp in Florida, and at the end of the week, I physically felt sick. But then again, I get homesick easily, so that may have entered into the equation. I do like ENFps, in small doses, of course. That's the Illusionary relation for you...
Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)