Hybrid View

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    When I said 'research', I didn't mean just isolated examples of where FT has succeeded vs. failed. I was also implying that one should possess an understanding of the relevant economic processes, how these operate under various conditions, etc. Most people don't possess that, yet choose to gallivant about with ignorant opinions on the matter anyway.

This is incredibly frustrating from my POV (having a background in the subject and all).
    Fair enough, but I just don't believe that free markets solve everything based on what I know. And I get incredibly annoyed when people have the idea that a theoretical system they understand well and support can be shoved onto everything, but don't have a clue about the specificities of locality, historical and economical histories, etc. In essence, it's a matter of approaching knowledge and drawing conclusions differently, which, again, does not make anyone a "dumb motherfucker." The problem is that instead of throwing different sets of knowledge together and trying to see what can be worked out through that, people insult and belittle each other.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On Facebook, I challenged Ezra to accurately paraphrase my statements and opinions about economics and politics. My theory is that everyone who doesn't agree with these positions just doesn't understand them. I've never encountered an opponent who actually understood anything about economics, and it often feels like they're deliberately misinterpreting me.