Thread: Blood elves, most beta race in WoW

Hybrid View

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Blood elves, most beta race in WoW.

Highly theatrical in their clothing and architecture . They are aristocratic as hell, and are obsessed with obtaining personal and collective power . The social order is very hierarchical and formal, and they are very attracted to study and use of the arcane .

Blood elves have a dislike for the more down to earth and egalitarian races such as the tauren. (Who I think are delta) But have a respect for the forsaken, who are a mix of gamma and twisted alpha.

Discuss!
    Last edited by Bluenoir; 05-31-2011 at 07:12 PM.
    The mode of goodness conditions one to happiness, passion conditions him to the fruits of action, and ignorance to madness.

Chapter 14, Verse 9.
    The Bhagavad Gita

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You dink the trolls be alpha mon'?
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    GREETINGS MON! How ya doing, mon? Talk to me. Don't be shy.

You... COME GET THE VOODOO!!!

... ehem... anyway. Yes, the trolls are definitely Alpha. Laid-back, easy-going and carefree, great love for... addictive pleasures.

And I'd definitely agree with BE being Beta and Tauren being Delta. Not sure about the Forsaken...

Love the topic though, Neotropic!

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    I would agree with the Darkspear as alpha irrational, certainly. I also appreciate that double entendre, if that was intentional.

Love the topic though, Neotropic!
    Thanks I was reading some socionics theory, then started thinking about blood elves for some reason.

Humans: Gamma

Night Elves: Beta/Gamma

Dwarves: Delta

Gnomes: Alpha

Draenei: Alpha/Delta

Worgen: Beta

Orcs: Beta

Undead: Beta/Gamma

Trolls: Alpha

Tauren: Delta

Blood Elves: Beta

Goblins: Alpha
    I think this list is pretty good. The undead give me very mixed signals. The Apothecary society is NT, I will say that much.

Nerdzzzzzz
    Death to all who oppose us! But yeah, I have no shame.
    The mode of goodness conditions one to happiness, passion conditions him to the fruits of action, and ignorance to madness.

Chapter 14, Verse 9.
    The Bhagavad Gita

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually like the Forsaken as Gamma, that makes a lot of sense. They're the most civilised and widespread horde race (barring the original horde races). The Royal Apothecary Society is definitely a mix of NTs, with some of them being very twisted Alphas (like the real-world Angel of Death). I think their old-world focus on actually developing a plague speaks of Te though. I'm out of the loop with post-cataclysm Forsaken culture.

I had the Blood Elves as being Gamma SF due to the whole "don't piss off the wrong people", but that works better as being Beta if I think of it in terms of Ti+Se and Aristocracy.

I don't see how Goblins could be contested as Alphas. I think the Trade Princes are caricatured Gammas though. (Money! Power! Politics!)

Horde leader-wise:

Baine Bloodhoof: ?

Thrall: IEI. Duhhhh.

Garrosh Hellscream: SEE? Fascist son of a bitch, oozes Se, but I don't necessarily see much Ti except in how rigidly he organises the new Horde as opposed to Thrall's egalitarian and very loose style. By that token he could work as an SLE I guess.

Lady Sylvanas Windrunner: ESI. Completely single-minded focus on vengeance while Arthas was still alive. Broody. Now that Arthas is gone, she's back to sorting her people out.

Vol'jin: ISXx. Has that whole "immovable object" thing going. Cautious in making decisions too. The way he deals with Garrosh's antics as Warchief is not necessarily inconsistant with Si-dominance. I could accept him as SEI, just based on my own experiences with being hyper-loyal to causes independent of the people involved. I kind of think LSI.

Lor'themar Theron: does he even have much of a presence in-game?

Trade Prince Gallywix: ? Similar problem to above. All I could guess is a really silly version of SXE based on how self-advancing he is and totally devoid of any kind of moral scruples. Typical Goblin.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cat King Cole View Post
    Thrall: IEI. Duhhhh.
    Either that or EIE.

I never liked WoW (older Warcraft is ok), but the Lore always interested me. Especially Thrall.. it's pretty original, for an orc.

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stray View Post
    Either that or EIE.
    Iunno, the whole way he used to try and keep the world from tearing itself apart at the seams politically strikes me as being pretty typical of IXFps. He had a similar role to Jaina, though I know nothing about anything about the Alliance.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lor'themar Theron: does he even have much of a presence in-game?
    He has a lot of backstory though. On the one hand, very overtly proud, has the whole Elven arrogance thing about him. On the other, seems very humble in that he's a genuinely committed statesman. He still styles himself "Regent Lord" and considers Quel'thalas to be without any rightful king, with the loss of Sunstrider.

I would put him as LSI. I would then shift Vol'jin to SLI.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Nerdzzzzzz
    Good evening Mister Kettle. Looking very black yourself, might I say.
    4w5 sp/sx

Please, direct all questioning of my self-typing to this thread. Thank you.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Knight View Post
    Good evening Mister Kettle. Looking very black yourself, might I say.

Sig. You are awesome. Enjoy being such.
    Easy Day

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are the general vibes I always got when I used to play.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not bad dj.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    These are the general vibes I always got when I used to play.

I suppose this cements that one friend of mine as being Delta ST as opposed to Beta ST (one cannot simply big-and-loud their way into Beta)

His main dude is a Dwarf, he plays Humans and Draenei also, he thinks Tauren are big and dumb but doesn't have a huge thing against them, and he hates the living shit out of elves - especially Blood Elves! He'll camp the living hell out of a Blood Elf and just make things hell for the person, due to them being a Blood Elf...
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idk about that woofl. But my ESI friend loves the dwarves and thinks the horde is inferior. I really like playing as a blood elf, night elf or worgen, even if they're supposedly Beta, as well as trolls, tauren and dwarves.

The ones I don't like are gnomes, draenei, orcs and goblins. Not really much of a pattern.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by stray View Post
    Besides, I'm not sure this is even fringe enough to bother about. Even Mr. T plays WoW, I think.
    He plays Night Elf and has a badass mohawk.

Iunno, the whole way he used to try and keep the world from tearing itself apart at the seams politically strikes me as being pretty typical of IXFps. He had a similar role to Jaina, though I know nothing about anything about the Alliance.
    I sincerely doubt Thrall as INFp. Thrall's immediate instinct is to attack and aggressively exert his dominance. Some of the early Outland quests in Hellfire Peninsula show this, when he wanted to leave Orgrimmar to help the orcs there, but his advisers cautioned him stay back.

Thrall is older now and wise, and concerned with bringing the world together, yes. That may seem INFp. But I see this as an age thing, maturity. Thrall's whole life has been riddled with incidents of fighting and aggression, and he is very impulsive and has a quick temper. I'd say ESTp isn't out of the question for Thrall. The INFp-ness just comes with his age, as he's trying to dualize.

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    I suppose this cements that one friend of mine as being Delta ST as opposed to Beta ST (one cannot simply big-and-loud their way into Beta)

His main dude is a Dwarf, he plays Humans and Draenei also, he thinks Tauren are big and dumb but doesn't have a huge thing against them, and he hates the living shit out of elves - especially Blood Elves! He'll camp the living hell out of a Blood Elf and just make things hell for the person, due to them being a Blood Elf...
    I don't think this is a great way to type him. I mean, c'mon, what Alliance player DOESN'T hate Belfs? Even most of the Horde players hate them as well.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think orcs are pretty Beta. I was an orc shaman and I had a spiritual connection with that dude.