Thread: How do you dress?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This would be the one thing that'd make me doubt my "Beta NF" status. Going by some descriptions, I wouldn't fit (aristocratic and/or flamboyant looks or whatnot). I don't dress conservatively either. I'm juvenile-ish, if I had to say it. I've always shopped in urban or skater like shops, and wear a lot of t-shirts and jeans. There's nothing dandy about my apparel. I don't even own a decent blazer. I have army and motorcycle jackets. If I dress up, it's button up shirts (which I rarely tuck in), and often they're bright. I've never been comfortable with anything too outlandish. I try not to look bad, but I don't like calling too much attention to myself in this way.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always wear khaki chinos because you never have to iron them. You just pull them out of the dryer and throw them on. They look good with any shoes, they're loose enough that you can move freely but tight enough that your junk's not showing (I go commando because, seriously, fuck underwear), and they will last for a whole year before they start to fall apart.

On top I wear t-shirts since, well, like the chinos, you never have to iron them, are they are just loose/tight enough for free movement. That, and they don't have a bunch of bullshit buttons or zippers or pockets or other unnecessary crap, you don't have to tuck them in, they breathe nicely, and a single one of them can last for years before it needs replacing. I like earthy-colors because they match the khaki well and it creates a very understated look.

Of course, I can never find any of this stuff anywhere because stores never carry anything in my admittedly miniscule size and I feel like every other skinny tall guy in the state gets to them before I do.
    4w5 sp/sx

Please, direct all questioning of my self-typing to this thread. Thank you.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although I can see how tendencies manifest(with the need to stand out, express yourself, and have an identity), I'd say it is mostly a matter of personal taste and cultural expectations.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    Although I can see how tendencies manifest(with the need to stand out, express yourself, and have an identity), I'd say it is mostly a matter of personal taste and cultural expectations.
    Not to mention geography. I've always lived in desert or tropical areas. It's rare to see suits on anyone actually. If I could get away with it, I'd at least dress up more, I guess.

If I were to go by stereotypes, I dress more like a Beta ST. Even ran some clippers across my head recently. haha

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wear anything as long as it doesn't look like ass.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't care at all about fashion and would put on whatever was nearby, ironed or not, until I went to college and decided that I needed to get some sort of a fashion sense, so I relied mostly on my little brother to keep me from buying anything ugly, and I gravitate towards things that look kinda shabby and... I dunno. I really like hoodies of all kinds. I really like black, white, gray, and brown. I still don't care about ironing and I wish I had the confident to go commando, 'cause underwear is unbelievably inconvenient (and seriously tighty-whities have no excuse for existing).

I hate dressing up, suits and all that. I think it's a silly waste of time. But I do see where it can be strategically important at times, I suppose. Still don't like it though.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Banned
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

To the right.

To the left is probably a sign of some deviancy.