Thread: Stuttering

Hybrid View

No Longer a Tadpole... Flat Footed Frog's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    So as to be clear, it doesn't bother me to hear any questions, because people do ask questions like "does this have a Socionics explanation" when they haven't spent a lot of time on it yet. I just would hope that we've gotten to a point here where we could collectively answer "no" when the answer is obviously no. When people say things that are physical genetic things are indeed related to Socioncis, it's just going to confuse people still getting their bearings. SO the question doesnt' bother me, just our collective level of understanding or something along those lines.
    yes but think about what comes under socionics and whats under research in the area...things like facial features, body shapes, proneness to mental conditions etc are all covered by socionics. Just cos little research has been done on this area doesnt mean we should just wipe the question. and once again i shall state the OP was asking for resources not stating a view so saying FTPWYDKHKHFKJSHDKASHFK to them and whatever else you say now just makes you look like a egotistical d***head whose non-forward thinking and unhelpful. No offense....haha
    This Frog runs on Sugar!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Ti-ENTp brother has always had stuttering problems.
    yeah, i've had stuttering ENTp friends.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    yeah, i've had stuttering ENTp friends.
    thank you labcoat. you are being helpful!
    This Frog runs on Sugar!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No I'm not the OP lol I've been on this site for about 2years tho just comment little cos I've noticed how useless a lot of ppls comments are. I study pysch and think if ppl in this industry were this close minded, the area wouldnt have a future.

Ppl who just want to write like fcjgjfhtdhjhvtf are not being constructive and open minded at all and need to realize that these kinds of questions are how socionics was actually founded!
    This Frog runs on Sugar!

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

no, i know of no sources that attribute stuttering to any intertype relationship.

saying "it isn't related to type" can be a valid response. a willingness to throw out ideas isn't completely invaluable sometimes but i don't think it's more helpful than giving an honest answer of "no." by only giving credit to labcoat it seems like you're dismissing the idea that it might just not be related because its "mean" or something. galen provided some useful information, for example.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So far, it looks like the Alpha irrationals, for whatever reason, are most prone to stuttering, and valuing seems to be a huge thing overall too - both guys in Galen's first video, the first one especially, seem like valuers to me...

I won't say that there's a definite link, but it would be harder for me to definitively say that there isn't one, and if I'm to be wrong about something, I'd generally prefer do so in such a way that moves more thoughts and conversations forwards

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shayley View Post
    Maybe I should have clarified what I meant by stuttering...

For those who showed trouble understanding my request, basically I was just asking for any available information sources on stammering/stumbling/difficulty producing words etc linked to an intertype relationship. I did not state that this was my belief. I am just following through on a route of research to see if this nervous type stuttering occurs more when one is in the vicinity of certain relationships.

Thankyou FlatFootedFrog for your support of my attempt to find Socionics information on this subject. You understood me perfectly .You are quite entertaining when you get going .

Also thanks to those who responded with thier experiences in this area and I enjoyed listening to the video clips that Galen linked, though that kind of stuttering is on a whole other level than the information that I was trying to source.

For those interested, Myers Briggs has found stammering etc to be linked to certain types..off the top of my head I think they were INTX's and ISTP mainly.
    That you rightfully deleted your OP in shame proves your typing of ILE.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    no, i know of no sources that attribute stuttering to any intertype relationship.

saying "it isn't related to type" can be a valid response. a willingness to throw out ideas isn't completely invaluable sometimes but i don't think it's more helpful than giving an honest answer of "no." by only giving credit to labcoat it seems like you're dismissing the idea that it might just not be related because its "mean" or something. galen provided some useful information, for example.
    i wasnt saying only labcoat was giving good input sorry lol he just came in the post at the right time to use as an example of someone being useful and someone not. i agree saying no is just as useful as providing information. i just see no point in ppl posting HFJDFFSJ's, as all that does is insult others or discourage anyone to ask questions or use this site. It comes across as closed minded to me. And sorry to Slacker this is not a personal attack against you, just i am fed up with how unconstructive ppl can be on this site and ur comment was just a good example of that.
    This Frog runs on Sugar!