Thread: what if socionics was bs?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sar View Post
    "Humans aren't as omniscient
    as we'd like to think. With a limited perspective,
    it's difficult for anything to be "right" or "true".
    Especially with such a high level of innate
    self-interest. "

smartest post yet.

lol..."reality"...we know nothing of this sort. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perspectivism
    hahah! exposed!

there are people who can interface with reality and people who can't.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm...k, well you stick to whatever wonderful sources your getting your information on the nature of "reality" from...and i'll stick to Socretes, Nietszche, and Plato. ...jeez...ever since Bacon tricked everyone into believing they were "enlightened", everyone seems to believe they have all the answers...i'm looking at you postmodernists!

p.s. I "believe" socionics works actually. Twas merely exposing how simple it is to suggest that it doesn't. Asking questions instead of blindly believing whatever is always a good idea I think...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol ya I love when people admit they can't know anything. Socrates was a trixxy old fooler.

Blindly denying in the case where the theory in question indeed works is much worse than blindly believing the truth.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crispy, Socretes is not the only philosopher guilty of stating this...also, I don't even understand what your second sentence means. Additionally, I would recommend forgetting about what you know...or rather, what you think you know...

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    I like to mock the insecurities which make them act, hence my decorations . Following their intellectual simplicity, they actually are predictable and one can easily tell their reasoning and mental level, let them scream until they explode, especially Microbrain (also known as laghlagh).
    hi there, nice to see you think of me so often <3

still keeping that clear-headed, emotionally unencumbered objectivity about everything, i see. keep up the good work, champ

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't even understand what your second sentence means.
    I would recommend forgetting about what you know...or rather, what you think you know...
    The first quote is a direct results of you using the 2nd quote's tactic on yourself, with normal information erasing results. You would be able to understand my normal English sentences if you didn't question yourself knowing what I mean by my normal English words.

Forcibly forgetting what you know is a good way to become a zombie, but not to become "intelligent" lol.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    hi there, nice to see you think of me so often <3

still keeping that clear-headed, emotionally unencumbered objectivity about everything, i see. keep up the good work, champ
    lol!!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"The first quote is a direct results of you using the 2nd quote's tactic on yourself, with normal information erasing results. You would be able to understand my normal English sentences if you didn't question yourself knowing what I mean by my normal English words. "

I don't even know what this means. More of a result of bad grammar and logic than anything else. Also, I don't think it's a good idea for you to insult my intelligence...I attend Harvard...I fucking hate saying that cause it makes me sound like an asshole and i KNOW it doesn't actually mean shit and has nothing to do with intelligence...but seriously, writing someone off as dumb or insane isn't the best idea just cause they don't see things the same way you do...it's dismissive. Also, keep in mind that I AGREE with socionics...BUT, I also have a healthy dose of skepticism about it...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just keep eyeballin' the inter-type relations and the rest of the pieces will fall into place eventually. Using the age old "Let's give up" philosophy will only impede progress on your personal journey. None of this is meant to be condescending mind you (that gains nothing) but even skepticism needs to be overcome when it is not needed.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If socionics didn't work, I'll most likely keep using it anyway, because I'm so used to it.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh god... somebody just made up a story about attending Harvard to win an internet argument...

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I clearly need to catch up on my Nietzsche.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    If socionics didn't work, I'll most likely keep using it anyway, because I'm so used to it.
    This one time I kept slamming my head against a door for nine hours in order to open it. It didn't work, of course, but I kept doing it anyway because I was so used to it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123