Hybrid View

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Knight View Post
    I appear to have made myself misunderstood. I meant that since everyone has been making "What is this IE like" threads that I would make one for people to explain how they felt about their temperaments.
    You are partially right, or I was partially wrong... If I have the time, I think I will propose some rules for posting, for instance "what is Ni" means more that one thing - IA, IE, Ego, Base - all being separate cases.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    You are partially right, or I was partially wrong... If I have the time, I think I will propose some rules for posting, for instance "what is Ni" means more that one thing - IA, IE, Ego, Base - all being separate cases.
    You are being very silly right now.
    4w5 sp/sx

Please, direct all questioning of my self-typing to this thread. Thank you.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why? Do you know in the first place why I was partially wrong?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why? Do you know in the first place why I was partially wrong?
    You are stating things that are good and well-known and obvious. Anyone who has spent any degree of time with Socionics knows that Base Ni is different from Creative Ni is different from Ni as an IA/IE, etc. Hence, you are fully wrong in assuming that I or anyone else here does not recognize and understand the distinction.
    4w5 sp/sx

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are stating things that are good and well-known and obvious. Anyone who has spent any degree of time with Socionics knows that Base Ni is different from Creative Ni is different from Ni as an IA/IE, etc. Hence, you are fully wrong in assuming that I or anyone else here does not recognize and understand the distinction.
    Then you misunderstood my whole point:
    - 1. I was making no assumption about you, you didn't ask about Ni, Ti, Te, etc (Ni was just an example);
    - 2. when I corrected you the first time, I had Information Aspects in mind; yes, temperaments actually deal with IEs, although they're a specific case;
    - 3. the problem is questions like "what is Ni/Ne/Fi/Fe" are nonsensical, regardless of whether you can differentiate between IAs, IEs, as Ego, as Base and so on.

When someone asks "what is Ti", you don't have to assume he/she can't make the difference, it is a consequence of his question. If he knows about the multiple meaning then he knows there's no answer, only a noob can ask such thing. Such question is a semantic one.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then you misunderstood my whole point:
    - 1. I was making no assumption about you, you didn't ask about Ni, Ti, Te, etc (Ni was just an example);
    - 2. when I corrected you the first time, I had Information Aspects in mind; yes, temperaments actually deal with IEs, although they're a specific case;
    - 3. the problem is questions like "what is Ni/Ne/Fi/Fe" are nonsensical, regardless of whether you can differentiate between IAs, IEs, as Ego, as Base and so on.

When someone asks "what is Ti", you don't have to assume he/she can't make the difference, it is a consequence of his question. If he knows about the multiple meaning then he knows there's no answer, only a noob can ask such thing. Such question is a semantic one.
    If you feel the need to make rules to prevent people from mistaking these differences, then the underlying assumption would be that you don't think they understand them in the first place. If you assumed people understood h distinction, there would be no need for rules safeguarding it, now would there?

And of course there's an answer. Just because a word may have multiple definitions in the dictionary does not mean that it is wrong for a person to ask what the word means. In this context, to ask, "What is Ni?" or "What is temperament?" is to ask for all of these definitions. That is the context of this thread and others of its ilk which I seem to have not made plain enough for you: this isn't to hammer down a concrete, singular, broadly applicable definition of what X or Y is, but rather to find out how people experience X or Y, how it colors their thinking, how they feel about it, what it means to be X or Y, etc.
    4w5 sp/sx

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

anyway. i wonder if this post will just get lost in the other stuff.

IJ. idk. my leading function is Ji, i'm introverted and rational...my energy levels are pretty steady i guess. i haven't given a lot of thought to my temperament and i don't see myself as especially stiff or w/e IJs are supposed to be...maybe i am, comparatively. i wonder how much subtype plays a role (being a Pe subtype and H in dcnh).

i dont have anything remarkably fascinating to say about this topic but i'm curious how much other people identify with their temperaments. rerail attempt!

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is incredibly silly!

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The concept of "temperament" has been one of the toughest ones for me to get my head around

I feel things in common with IEEs the most - ILEs and SLEs are tied for second, and for very different reasons - I can't think of much all three of them have in common with each other, or how much any member of a temperament pool has in common with an averaged idea of the whole thing... I don't see enough commonly shared values, ideas, behaviors, patterns, etc., for that matter, to take the concept of temperaments with much weight (as of yet, at least), at least when compared to quadras or cognitive style Supervision rings...

When I look at it on paper, the only dichotomy universally shared within a temperament, outside of the two that are explicitly stated in the temperament itself, is Static/Dynamic (and it's just as well as stated there ), and I expect even more looseness in Irrational temperaments due to around half of the people in them having a type of F as a Creative function...