Thread: Game of Thrones

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Wonder if Gammas have a lot of monies in real life....
    Out of a sample size of 3, 66% of gammas have a lot of monies.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post

Who is was in the sample?

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Who is was in the sample?
    Both my parents and a friend of mine (SEE, ILI, ESI).

So we can guess who the ones with money are haha.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both my parents and a friend of mine (SEE, ILI, ESI).

So we can guess who the ones with money are haha.
    The ILI has 2x monies. What do I win?

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    The ILI has 2x monies. What do I win?
    None of said monies because ILI.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And out of sample of 1, 100% Gammas have a lot of monies, okay.

President of WSS Jack Oliver Aaron's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm reading the books now after watching the TV series and I would like to add my opinions to the mix...

Eddard Stark - ESI IJ temperament is clear, all about adherence to his Fi moral values. Of course he's not Se leading but there's no way he's Se PoLR. He's a fierce person when angered and commands respect from his family and others. He's also a realist, not believing in the omens and signs (antlers in dead direwolf) and preferring hard facts. Would an Se PoLR have been able to fight alongside Robert? For an example of an EII, look instead at King Baelor I of the Targaryen dynasty. I think it's important to note the limitations that can be placed on an IM Element in the Creative function by a type's Base function.

Tyrion - ILE More likely EP temperament. He's whimsical and curious but laden with responsibilities by his very Rational father. He spends far too much time engaging in hedonism to be an LIE who would instead try to use all their time productively. At the same time, he is very Fi vulnerable. He offends people without meaning to and his troubles have always been with relationships.

Viserys - EIE Here is a good example of an EIE (people seem to be throwing EIE around a lot). He is very EJ temperament and Fe driven (mood focused and able to manipulate others "awakening the dragon", everything is said dramatically) and the use of Creative Ni (the dream of ruling Westeros) and HA Se (pushing his weight around underlings) is clear. While Joffrey could very easily be EIE like Viserys I just don't think Cersei suits this type. If anything, she seems more like a Logical Rational, more cold and unable to use her emotions on others.

Robert Baratheon - SLE EP temperament is clear in how he always "does what he likes". He is a man of force and action who has gone stagnant (muscle gone to fat) from absence of any battles to fight. He has a strong Beta slant to him with lots of Fe display that has little effect on Eddard. He also does not react well to the subtle moral judgement of Ned which suggests Fi vulnerability. That and his complete blindness to the Cersei's secret affair.

Khal Drogo - SLE Far more an SLE in his prime than Robert.

I'm currently entertaining the idea that people have got Margaery and Sansa mixed up... why isn't Margaery the SEE (ambitious but politically aware) and Sansa the SEI (motivated by aesthetic and emotionally expressive)?

I'll post more as I read more of the books.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eddard Stark - SLI
    Catelyn Stark - EII
    Jon Snow - SLE
    Robb Stark - LSE
    Sansa Stark - ESE
    Joffrey Baratheon - LII
    Robert Baratheon - LSE
    Cersei Lannister - EIE
    Jaime Lannister - ILE
    Tywin Lannister - LSI
    Tyrion Lannister - LIE
    Viserys Targaryen - EIE
    Petyr Baelish - ESI
    Samwell Tarly - IEI
    Lysa Arryn - SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arya Stark - LIE
    Sansha Stark - ExI
    Jon Snow - SLI
    Stannis Baratheon - LSI
    Cersei Lannister - ILI
    Joffrey Baratheon - LSI

Daenerys Targaryen - IEI
    Khal Drogo - SLE

Dragon #1 - ESE
    Dragon #2 - LII

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nevero View Post
    Joffrey Baratheon - LSI
    wtf? Because the completely unreliable Grand Maester Pycelle tells a whore that Joffrey has a "strong military mind"? I can't think of any other evidence for this typing.

Dragon #1 - ESE
    Dragon #2 - LII

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Daenerys Targaryen - IEI
    Khal Drogo - SLE
    I have made preparations for tonight's "Game of Thrones" festivities. It's a big deal around here.
    Last edited by Aylen; 04-06-2014 at 09:47 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHAAAAAAAA

Jon Snow is ESI.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

yeah because he knows nothing, that's how bad he needs

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    Fe-INFp 6w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, guess I should pitch in on my favorite show's typings:

Ned Stark: ESTj-Te. I'm really not seeing ISFj, he got in trouble in the first place by being completely unaware of and barely concerned with the motives of the people around him. I also recently had an argument with someone who thinks he's INTp "because he can calm down Robert," but... no.
    Catelyn: ISFj. There's an actual one.
    Robb: ISTp-Te. He's more like an ENTj or ESTj in the books, but here he's way calmer.
    Talisa: ENFp-Fi.
    Sansa: INFp-Fe? I'd have definitely said ISFp early on based on her conflict with Arya, but she's shown a more cut-throat side lately and seems pretty receptive to Littlefinger's teaching. I'm starting to think INFp might be right.
    Arya: ESFp-Se.
    Jon: ISFj-Se.
    Bran: ENTp-Ti?
    Benjen: ENTj? Really tentative typing, since he's not important at all after season 1.
    Luwin: INFj-Fi.
    Osha: ISTp-Te?
    Blackfish: ESTj-Te?
    Lady Umber - ESTp-Se.

Tywin Lannister: INTp?
    Tyrion Lannister: ENFj-Ni.
    Jaime: ESFp-Fi. I think he comes off more ESTp in earlier seasons and at least seems ESFp-Se, but once he's in a more comfortable setting the Fi shines through.
    Cersei Lannister: Beta ST calculating bitch, ESTp-Ti probably because she seems to be more opportunistic than actually planned. So fun to watch.
    Joffrey: This is like typing Caligula. No matter what you say, he's still messed up beyond any comprehension. The usual ESTp-Se guess here is probably right, but if so he's a terrible example of it.
    Tommen: ISFp-Si.
    Shae: ISTj.
    Bronn: ESTp-Se.

Daenerys: ISTj-Ti. I used to think INFp, but her spats with Tyrion seem Intuitive vs. Sensor and even possibly a tinge of Feeler vs. Thinker.
    Khal Drogo: ESTp-Se.
    Jorah Mormont: ISTj.
    Barristan: ISFj-Fi.
    Daario: ESFp-Se, and so awesome.
    Gray Worm: ISTj.
    Missandei: ISFp.
    Viserys: ENFj?

Robert Baratheon: ESFp.
    Stannis Baratheon: ISTj-Se.
    Melisandre: ENFj.
    Davos Seaworth: ISFj
    Renly: ISFp? INFp? I don't really know.

Theon Greyjoy: ENTp? Of the quixotic variety, his whole deal is "I want to be admired" and he's awfully bad at it. It seems sort of pathetic-Fe. He improves later as Yara's sidekick.
    Asha/Yara: ISFj-Se
    Euron: ESFp-Se.
    Balon Greyjoy: tentatively, INTp?

Margaery Tyrell: ENFj-Fe
    Olenna Tyrell: ESFp.
    Loras Tyrell: ISFp-Fe?

Sam: ISFp-Si.
    Jeor Mormont: ENTj.
    Allister: ESTj.
    Aemon: ISFj
    Grenn: ESTj
    Dolorous Edd: probably ISTp.
    Gilly (the Wildling girl, not the poster): INFj-Ne.
    Ygritte: ESFp-Se.
    Thormund Giantsbane: ESTj-Te

Walder Frey: ESTj-Te?
    Oberyn Martell: ESFp-Se.
    Ellaria Sand: ISFj-Se, her lover's mirror
    Sandor/"The Hound": ESTp-Ti?
    Brienne: ISFj.
    Podrick: ISFp-Si.
    Petyr Baelish/"Littlefinger": ENFj-Ni.
    Varys: INFp-Ni.
    Pycelle: ENTp?
    Ramsay Bolton: Fucked up ESFp-Se.
    Gendry - ESTp-Se.
    Hot Pie - ESTj-Si.
    Ros: ESFp.
    Jojen: INTp.
    Meera: ISxj?
    Jaqen H'ghar: creepy ISFj? Very physically oriented, very grounded, very good at reading people, a strange sense of duty.
    The High Sparrow: ISFj, or maybe ENFj.

For the record I think George R. R. Martin is Ni-dominant, probably INTp. It'd explain the amount of heroic Gamma SFs here, and the generally less-than-positive portrayals of Deltas (noble but stupid) and Betas (clever but amoral).
    Last edited by Strangelove; 08-28-2017 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Added a few characters.

netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ned: SLI
    Catelyn: SEI
    Robb: SLE
    Jon Snow: ESI
    Sansa: ESE
    Arya: ???
    Bran: ???
    Robert Baratheon: SLE
    Cersei: SEE
    Jaime: SLE
    Tyrion: ILE
    Tywin: ILI
    Joffrey: LSI
    Margaery: IEI
    Loras: SEE
    Lady Olena: EII
    Littlefinger: LII
    Varys: EIE
    Renly: IEE
    Stannis: SLE
    Ser Devos: SLI
    Theon: SEE
    Asha: SLE
    Melisandre: IEI?
    Sandor Clegane: SLI
    Danaerys: EII
    Jorah Mormont: SEI
    Ygritte: LSE

May have overused SLE in my typings. Stannis may be LSE. The rest I'm fairly sure about. Oh yeah, and I'm typing based on the show only.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ned Stark - ESTj. I see that ESI is apparently a common typing for him, but this makes no sense whatsoever—his interpersonal awareness is sorely lacking, he's largely oblivious to others veiled motives, has no guile to save his own ass when need be, and seems stuck on stupid with the whole "doing the right and principled thing." The man is positively not Fi ego.
    Catelyn Stark - IXFj. Seems quite protective of her family and stubbornly IJ determined in pursuit of her objectives—such as when caring for her son or tracking down Tyrion, etc. Carries herself quietly with little pomp or fanfare.
    Arya Stark - Se-ESFp. Physically grounded, with obvious EP disposition. Strong sense of self, knows who she is and does her own thing without regard for what others might think (Fi > Fe). Highly reactive against dishonesty and injustice. Demonstrates intensive attachment to loved ones (Jon Snow, her wolf-dog, sword teacher, father, etc.).
    Sansa Stark - ISFp. Her inner life isn't revealed too much in the series, but it's reasonable to assume she's Se devaluing (doesn't put up with Arya very well), is very concerned about making positive impressions (Fe), and assuring that her future life will pan out according to her fantasies (Si/Ne—emphasis on idyllic impressions rather than how things actually are in real-time).

Robert Baratheon - No clear idea on him. Nothing typological came up in the show for me, only that he was lustful, drank a lot, a bit burned out on being king, was a successful military leader, and long-time friend of Ned Stark. E8 makes sense, but I can't place his sociotype.
    Cersei Lannister - ISTj. Severely rigid, calculating, scheming. Doesn't so much as sneeze without it being connected in some way to political gain for her family.
    Jaime Lannister - ESTp of some sort seems reasonable, but I don't know for sure.
    Tyrion Lannister - ENFj. Quick-minded and charming, insightful of people's inner workings, possesses pragmatic political knowledge and diplomacy skills, an ability to talk his way out of anything, etc. ENTj could be a 2nd guess, but he seems too suave for that.
    Joffrey Baratheon - ENTp. Wimpy, narcissistic bitch-boy. Nuff said.

Khal Drogo - ESTp. Don't need to explain this one really, seems like everyone agrees.
    Daenerys Targaryen - IEI. Same thing above.
    Viserys Targaryen - ENTp.
    I would add, after half-way through the first season, the following typings:

Robert Baratheon - ESFj. Eddard Stark's bonviant look-a-like.
    Catelyn Stark - ISxJ. Her relationship is very much moral voice of Eddard Stark, semi-duals.
    Petyr Little Finger Baelish - ENFp. Ne activation of Catelyn and Eddard.
    Jaime Lannister - ENTp. Alpha NT version of SLE, but not SLE, so clearly.
    Jorah Mormat - Ti-SLE. Interesting the way he effortlessly became Daenerys Targaryen right hand man. Knowledgable, influential, always at the right place at the right time, seeing his meal ticket back to the 7 kingdoms in this young girl. He recognises her power over others, and moves to shape it into something great. If Khal Drogo is the sharp synth Se-SLE, then Jorah Mormat is the more subtle Ti-SLE. They both dualize with Daenerys.
    Jon Snow - ESI>SLI. The way he stands up for the under dog, his belief in what he sees as right for himself, and his devotion and pleadge to the Knights Watch. He has that subtle Fi vulnerability that is protected by his creative Se makes him most likely an ESI. Remember the way he protects the chubby guy, Samwell Tarly, at the wall? (Samwell is LII/EII).

Two possibilities regarding Tyrion Lannister :

1.) He is ILE as many of you suggest. That would make his relationship with Jon Snow semi-duals if Jon is SLI.
    2.) He is LIE, as I suspect. That would make his relationship with Jon Snow a duality if Jon is ESI.

I'm only in the first season, but it's clear to me that Tyrion is a bitter Fi valuer who wears his debauchery with disdain. ILE are always questing outwards for some personal triumph. Tyrion is not on a quest for which he had failed to find an answer, he rather hides, never committing to anyone unless thoughtfully and without fanfare, as was the case with helping Jon Snow at the Wall. Don -Quixote "Quest of each true Knight" is not Tyrions. Another example here of Fi/Te-valuing was his drawn up plans of a paraplegic saddle for Breanan.

Either way, he is not EIE, although his public cloak does seem like a shadow EIE. I think that personality was a result of how he coped in life with his size and the Lannister family he was raised within. Not sauve enough for ENTj? Do you really think an LIE cannot posses that kind of sophistication? I'm actually asking.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update.

Tyrion Lannister - ENFj? Just met Shae as a character and she seems to really bring out EIE in Lannister. Making Lannister and Snow mirages.
    Last edited by wacey; 12-28-2014 at 05:30 PM.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tyrion is Fe-EIE 7w6 sx/so... and the most strategically respectable character in the show (seconded by cersei, who has a similar solemn, aristocratic integrity, and is just as much emotionally 'in the game,' but without the semi-detached, somewhat introspective ingenuousness tyrion possesses). perfectly aware of the rules, makes inroads and carries on his dealings as circumstances dictate, maintains a balance between aristocratic principle and strategic necessity, and has a kind of redeeming lightheartedness to top it all off (which in turn is complemented by stoic contra-flow control). not my favorite character but definitely cool.
    Last edited by strrrng; 12-26-2014 at 04:39 AM.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would you have Bronn typed, Tyrion Lannister's right hand man?

I thought ISTp, simply because of the detached, almost whimsical way he goes about Tyrion's dirty work, but I would be willing to consider a more favourable intertype relationship than conflictors if ISTp was the case. LSI?

Bronn might possibly be TiSe, I was confused at first by his silent demeanour and now see a more outgoing, jovial, aggressive, Fe valued side as revealed in the whore house of Kings Landing. Bronn speaking to whore: "Don't feel sorry for him [Tyrion], he will be halfway up your ass before the night is through". Tyrion as you can remember is a dwarf.

A better example of a detached, eeyore, world weary attitude to life can be found in Sandour "the hound" Clegane. The hound is a better example of a Te- SLI.

Dialogue between SLI Sandour and LSI Bronn in the whore house:

Sandour: "" You think you are a hard man"
    Bronn: "Oh I know it." Plays to the crowd of men. Laughter.
    Sandour:" You like fucking, and singing, drinking, but killing, killing is the thing you love. You are just like me, only smaller."
    Bronn: " ​And quicker."
    Sandour: "Your lord imp is going to miss you."
    Bronn: "Eye, i expect he will someday".
    Last edited by wacey; 12-26-2014 at 06:31 PM.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I type bron Ti-SLE. I agree about the detachment and whimsicality, but I think they're more indicative of the kind of existential nonchalance and semi-callous interpersonal disregard you get with betas mischievously teamed up. an SLI imo would be more dutiful and morally aware; bron just does what he's paid to do without ever giving much of a fuck... SLIs can be lazy and indifferent to social protocol, but still have some investment in the process, they 'maintain' the aristocracy, albeit somewhat mechanically at times, whereas SLEs just play the game and bend the rules as circumstances dictate. where SLIs will just not care, and often emotionally remove themselves if too much stress/bullshit builds up, SLEs will recognize the inherent limitations of their situation and the futility of getting worked up about it/caring too much. I don't think an SLI would complement tyrion's lewdness and debaucherous ways they way bron does.

I guess I could see an argument for LSI, but I think activity makes more sense than duality for him and tyrion, they kind of playfully go back and forth and emotionally bend the implicit hostility embedded in their situation. I also think EP fits better than IJ... cersei and tywin are good LSI examples, Ti- and Se-sub, respectively. bron just lacks the systematic groundedness of LSIs.

he's probably a 7w8 and sp/sx... their dynamic seems like a somewhat asymmetric contra-flow semi-competitive game, and he's a bit too blithe for 8 to work.
    Last edited by strrrng; 12-26-2014 at 06:29 PM.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally.

Tyrion's and Bronn's dynamic is helping me understand the Beta extrovert activity as your argument illuminates.

And it makes theoretical sense why extinguishment, not quasi-identicals categorize the interaction between Bronn and Sandour the hound.

Wikisocion:
    Relations of extinguishment are characterized by an interest in the same kinds of things, but partners approach it in a fundamentally different and often incomprehensible way. M
    The hound is following his duty because he must, such as his loyalty to King Jofferey. He helps others, for example Sansa Stark while she was being raped during the riot in Kings Landing, but does it in a downplayed and obtuse fashion denies she means anything to him when clearly she does. On the other hand, Bronn is not motivated by duty, only alliances formulated by mutual values and humour, You get the sense he follows Tyrion only as long as it pleases himself.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting, I had always thought some Fi-sub gamma SF for the hound (leaned strongly introverted), but I could see arguments for SLI. I basically just saw his brand of semi-indifferent, almost perfunctory loyalty illustrative of a gamma simply maintaining proper ties and fulfilling duty so long as it was systemically and personally/emotionally viable, but one could make the argument that he was just 'going with the aristocracy,' filling a function and nothing more. I just have a somewhat difficult time identifying aristocratic values in him, he seems to know his place in a more distant, somewhat open-ended way, like he just is what he is and you'll receive what you pay for, it strikes me as a little more independent and aloof in a gamma way. I guess an SLI could be similar, but there always seems to be a more overarching context with them, even if they're somewhat socially removed; and he also seems more emotionally embedded than I would expect a Te type to be... I mean Fi-agenda can come on strong but he seems pretty set within his personal framework, not really malleable to external Fe cues that would alter his judgments. and while SLIs can definitely be obstinate and stern, there's still a certain passivity and laid-back style I don't really see with him. to summate, I just see him doing what he's supposed to do, without manifesting any real aristocratic ties (fuck the king struck me as less a disbandment of the kingdom than a relinquishment of the personal principle he had been acting in accordance with up until that point... an SLI may abandon ship, but probably in a more low-key, 'eh, fuck it' kind of way, not part of an absolute ethical judgment, but I could be wrong).
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see the hound's loyalty extended to Jofferey only as a outshoot of his loyalty to King Robert. He wears it with disdain and might have been turned against Jofferey if it hadn't been for a new found purpose in protecting and helping Sansa from abuse. He seems ultimately moral bent and mobilized by the subtle bonds (Fi) he forms with other characters like Sansa.

I'm not sure I could go point for point with model A for why I think the Hound is SLI, only can say SLI fits the Hound better then any other type, with a gamma SF (ESI) as a close second typing. The trouble with SLI emotional embeddedness is that is so obvious for those around them. The sternness is a result from his life time treatment by King Robert and being burned as explained by Littlefinger. Burn SLI enough and they end up like the Hound: obedient, but never tamed.

(fwiw, I don't always believe my own bullshit.)
    Last edited by wacey; 12-26-2014 at 11:53 PM.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For Comparison:

Brianne of Tarth is practically the same character as Sandour the Hound. Well, except with bewbs. I'm not saying SLI is the best typing for these two, but it looks better then all the rest of them out there.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

updated typings...

cersei: Ti-LSI
    tyrion: Fe-EIE
    arya: Se-SEE
    daenerys: Ni-IEI
    khal drogo: Se-SLE
    jon snow: ESI
    jorah mormont: Ti-LSI
    sansa: EII
    jaime: Ti-SLE
    tywin: Se-LSI
    the hound: ESI (or SLI)
    theon: Ni-EIE
    joffrey: Ti-ILE
    samwell: Ne-ILE
    catelyn: Te-LSE (or ESI)
    ned: Fi-ESI (or LSE)
    bran: Ni-IxI (lean ILI)
    littlefinger: Fi-IEE
    lord varys: EIE?
    bronn: Ti-SLE
    robb: Ti-SLE
    brienne of tarth: Te-LSE
    barristan: SLI
    shae: Fe-IEI
    stannis: Ti-LSI
    yggrite Se-SxE (lean SLE)
    podrick: SEI
    margaery: Ni-IEI
    davos: SLI
    melisandre: EII
    roose bolton: SLI
    olenna tyrell: some Se-sub Se-ego but not SEE
    oberyn martell: Fe-IEI
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great list. May I make a few adjustments based on my own view?

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    updated typings...
    cersei: Ti-LSI

tyrion: Fe-EIE

arya: Se-SEE

daenerys: Ni-IEI

khal drogo: Se-SLE

jon snow: ESI

jorah mormont: Ti-LSI

sansa: EII Goodtyping. As an alternate and I'm not particularly set on this: SEI. Very intriguing character whose arc is growing better all the time.

jaime: Ti-SLE. As an alternate personality, I would argue he is a possible Ne-ILE. In semi-duality with Brianne of Tarth, who I think he comes to truly love as well as admire.

tywin: Se-LSI

the hound: ESI (or SLI). I have finished watching all the episodes so far and I believe he is a Se-ESI as you say. Many reasons for my change of mind. I relate very much to this character. Some of the things he says and does I could see myself doing. Further, his relationship with Ayra seems to be Mirror. They are very much "orientated" to similar information, IE: Se/Fi/Te/Ni. I believe he comes to love her in a sense. When she left him to die, I think it was both out of pity AND spite. She never killed him, even though he was on her "death list". He also seems to be Si ignoring and to value Te. For instance, he insults Arya all the time for her "logics of actions". I'm referencing the sword scene. Overall, I see a character who is deeply ethical in nature. What a shame, he was one of my favourites.

theon: Ni-EIE

joffrey: Ti-ILE Ti-LII as an alternate sociotyping. He's just too reflective as well as bothered by lengthy discourse to be an ILE for me. He comes across as strong-willed in a nervous, counter-intuitive sort of way. Even his Mother, Cersei, is shocked by his "autistic" behaviour. He just goes from calm, starring people in the face and ruminating, to stand up shouting and chopping up books in front of everyone and laughing manically. Its just total Fe suggestive behaviour and very, very weak Se. Its as though he is taunting people to use Se on him. Interesting how both his Mother and his Grandfather tip-toe around him. I think its a kindred relations. Note from the wiki------[ Informal communication flows easily, but competition for influence may ensue if partners spend too much time in the same group. Partners may have difficulty dividing roles when trying to work together. Neither one is able to be much of an assistant to the other, as there is little if any natural complementarity of behavior.....Ideological differences based on opposing creative functions can also arise; for instance, an LSI and LII may have similar views, but the LSI might want to "impose his views on others," while the LII is "unwilling to do anything] This is exactly demonstrated in all the scenes between Tywin and Joffery, with Tywin trying to impose his views on Joffery, and Joffery becoming increasingly indignant and insolent for the sake of it. The same could be said of him and his Mother. (Yes, I realize Mother/Son dynamics are also at play).

samwell: Ne-ILE I think placing him in the alpha NT category is something everyone could agree on. He is very imaginative; very kind; Se weak; yet quadra progression to Beta; He gets on with Jon Snow IME much like ESI/LII often become sidekicks for each other. He is a definite infantile romance style, yet in that psudeo-caregiver type way. I don't see the "classic" extroversion in him. Plus, he loves food and comfort so hello Si quadra.

catelyn: Te-LSE (or ESI) There is something fierce about her. Although Te-LSE would be the better typing.

ned: Fi-ESI (or LSE) At first I thought Si-LSE, but warmed up to the idea that he was an Se-ethical type.

bran: Ni-IxI (lean ILI)

littlefinger: Fi-IEE Oh God yeah. Keeping in mind that most characters in GOT are selfish, or become so. Sannsa and him are delta mirrors (they become accomplices at eh end of the forth season).

lord varys: EIE? You know, this guy really grew on me. He is very intriguing his character has no sex and as he says " no desires of the flesh" I have to wonder about him. Very hard to pin down. Illusive sociotype, just like his character. Interesting interplay between him and Olena. He is taken aback by her immediate candour, almost intimidated by it. But at closer look, he knew how to manipulate her and play into her need for submission. He is the sycophant king for sure. It wouldn't surprise me if he wins the game for a time.

bronn: Ti-SLE

robb: Ti-SLE ​Robb stark?

brienne of tarth: LSE Yes, I'm glad you said it. Alternately, I could see her as SLI. She is just to delta Si to be anything else. There are even several scenes with Podrick where she is basically supervising him about how domesticate and practical tasks "don't you know how to cook mutton?!! DOn't you know how to ride a horse?! You are a stupid idiot! Carry my belongings!" When she and him are in the tavern, all she can do is wax poetic on how good the pie was. Fighting men and sleeping in her armour doesn't make her bitchy, but for fucks sakes don't mess up her dinner. I think she is a clear delta ST for sure.

barristan: SLI

shae: Tragic.

stannis: Ti-LSI

yggrite Se-SxE (lean SLE) Same. Just.......

podrick: SEI

margaery: Ni-IE The way she plays Joffery like a fiddle is priceless/ so transparent to everyone besides him. There is some "benefit" going on between them. "Come on honey, be more human, the people will love you for it". Cersi also sees her for exactly what she is. Activity between them I think.

davos: SLI

melisandre: EII Yup. Watch how Ayra supervised her when they met up in the woods. The witch was visibly shaken. Alternately, EIE, Oprah subtype.

roose bolton: SLI

olenna tyrell: some Se-sub Se-ego but not SEE

oberyn martell: Fe-IEI
    Last edited by wacey; 01-28-2015 at 03:43 AM.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    Goodtyping. As an alternate and I'm not particularly set on this: SEI. Very intriguing character whose arc is growing better all the time.
    I can't really see her having strong Se, or being attuned to the 'game' in the way Fe types are. granted, you have Fi types like littlefinger who are (but even then in a different way), but she just strikes me as very subdued Fi+Se polr.

As an alternate personality, I would argue he is a possible Ne-ILE. In semi-duality with Brianne of Tarth, who I think he comes to truly love as well as admire.
    idk... he and cersei always struck me as mirrors, and I feel like aristocratic makes much more sense. also, his overall energy is too harnessed and directed for an Ne-dominant imo.

I have finished watching all the episodes so far and I believe he is a Se-ESI as you say. Many reasons for my change of mind. I relate very much to this character. Some of the things he says and does I could see myself doing. Further, his relationship with Ayra seems to be Mirror. They are very much "orientated" to similar information, IE: Se/Fi/Te/Ni. I believe he comes to love her in a sense. When she left him to die, I think it was both out of pity AND spite. She never killed him, even though he was on her "death list". He also seems to be Si ignoring and to value Te. For instance, he insults Arya all the time for her "logics of actions". I'm referencing the sword scene. Overall, I see a character who is deeply ethical in nature. What a shame, he was one of my favourites.
    yeah, I think he's a bit *too* Fi for it to be an agenda function, and more stoic than an Si-IP would be.

Ti-LII as an alternate sociotyping. He's just too reflective as well as bothered by lengthy discourse to be an ILE for me. He comes across as strong-willed in a nervous, counter-intuitive sort of way. Even his Mother, Cersei, is shocked by his "autistic" behaviour. He just goes from calm, starring people in the face and ruminating, to stand up shouting and chopping up books in front of everyone and laughing manically. Its just total Fe suggestive behaviour and very, very weak Se. Its as though he is taunting people to use Se on him. Interesting how both his Mother and his Grandfather tip-toe around him. I think its a kindred relations.
    maybe, but he doesn't seem rigid and set in his ways enough to be IJ, and is a bit too misguidedly aggressive in a bitch-boy-lacking-Se way for Se-polr to fully make sense imo.

There is something fierce about her. Although Te-LSE would be the better typing.
    yeah, I could see arguments for ESI, but I think EJ encapsulates her aggression and like you say fierceness better. Se-IJs tend to strike at intervals, at opportune moments and then recharge; she kind of just implicitly directs things. hence:

At first I thought Si-LSE, but warmed up to the idea that he was an Se-ethical type.
    ned having more of the insular density you get from Ne-polrs. his lack of foresight and insight into peoples' motives could be superficially construed as 1-D Ni and Fi, but I think he's just unable to adequately appraise the variables of his situation, and gets mired in Se reifications (in a different way than how LSEs become entrenched in Si hypostatizations... with them it's more about securing processes within the environment; Ne-polrs are just absent) to his own detriment. I also think he follows his moral code differently than an LSE like, say, brienne, who is so aggressively enmeshed in what she deems proper action.

Yes, I'm glad you said it. Alternately, I could see her as SLI. She is just to delta Si to be anything else. There are even several scenes with Podrick where she is basically supervising him about how domesticate and practical tasks "don't you know how to cook mutton?!! DOn't you know how to ride a horse?! You are a stupid idiot! Carry my belongings!" When she and him are in the tavern, all she can do is wax poetic on how good the pie was. Fighting men and sleeping in her armour doesn't make her bitchy, but for fucks sakes don't mess up her dinner. I think she is a clear delta ST for sure.
    yeah, I think she's more emotionally overt and dutifully committed than an SLI would be. her and catelyn as identicals could make some sense, arguably more than them as semi-duals.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winter is coming.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Season 5 spoilers.

You know nothing, Jon Snow.
    Last edited by wacey; 04-25-2015 at 05:43 PM.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With her new black hair colour and gothic ice princess persona, I'm thinking Sansa Stark is actually EII > SEI. Her and little-finger are mirror images of each other. This might explain how much Arya supervised her when they all still lived together.

Hurry up guys, I've seen five episodes into the first season already (all leaked on xbmc) and do not want to spoil anything.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you, Sansa seems to have some kind of Se-PoLR or Se reluctance to her character, at least at this point anyway.

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possible typings.

Ned Stark: LSE
    Catelyn: ESI
    Robb: LSE
    Sansa: ESI
    Arya: SEE I guess fits best but no clue really
    Jon: SLI
    Bran: LII I guess? EII

Tywin Lannister: LIE
    Tyrion Lannister: ILE
    Jaime: SLE probably though I feel the character changes quite a lot
    Cersei Lannister: LSI
    Joffrey: SLE
    Shae: LSI
    Bronn: SLE

Daenerys: IEI
    Khal Drogo: SLE
    Jorah Mormont: LSI
    Barristan: ESE (Pure awesome whatever type he is)
    Daario number 1: SEE
    Missandei: SEI

Robert Baratheon: SLE
    Stannis Baratheon: LSI
    Melisandre: EIE

Margaery Tyrell: SEE
    Olenna Tyrell: No clue

Sam: SEI
    Jeor Mormont: LSE
    Allister: ESI
    Gilly: SEI

Sandor/"The Hound": SLE
    Brienne: LSE
    Podrick: SEI
    Petyr Baelish/"Littlefinger": EIE
    Varys: IEI
    Pycelle: LII? ILI? No clue really

So 5 Delta.... 5 Gamma..... 7 Alpha... and 13 Beta
    Suomea

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pretty sure olenna tyrell is ESI...
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why does everyone see Jame Lannister as SLE?

I see him more as a SEI or SLI. Obviously a sensor but not so clear if logical or ethical.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Why does everyone see Jame Lannister as SLE?

I see him more as a SEI or SLI. Obviously a sensor but not so clear if logical or ethical.
    Jamie is pretty clearly Fi Polr and he has strong Se.

1. Sister
    2. Rebel against father to become Kingsguard
    3. Kingslayer
    4. Bran

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mu4 View Post
    Jamie is pretty clearly Fi Polr and he has strong Se.

1. Sister
    2. Rebel against father to become Kingsguard
    3. Kingslayer
    4. Bran
    He killed the King because he couldn't stand his cruelty anymore when he was torturing Brandon. Throwing Bran out of the window was a one time action. He was under big pressure because he had to get rid of the witness. I think every type would be able to act like this in the given moment. I see no SE-Ego relation.

Instead of becoming his father's rightful heir and having the possibility to acquire immense power he becomes kingsguard that he doesn't have to marry and can going on fucking his sister. He has more of a I don't give a shit attitude.

I just don't see the typical Beta ST craving of being a part of something. He's more the lonely wolf. But I agree with weak Fi. But besides that he seems untypeable for me.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast