Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Well ok yeah I would say something like that but that's not the sole reason for me being SLI. I know saying something like that would probably make things more awkward but I just wouldn't care so whatever. What SLI do you know who cries a lot and gets into horrible rage fits because someone isn't giving them any sort of emotional response whatsoever? It can't be overlooked. The way people describe SLI's here are nothing like me. I'm not that robotic. I cry and get pissed and yell. It seems SLI's aren't even capable of doing something like that. It seems so out of character.
    Hmm, maybe this is a subtype thing, because Diana is Se sub and she would be much more likely to react similarly to you, but she'd still find it embarrassing. I'm Ti sub and I'd be absolutely mortified if I impulsively said something like that in formal company. Among friends it's permissible, since personal shame is protected behind camaraderie.

You do remind me of Diana in some ways. SLIs tend to shun my shock humor, whereas you've both admitted to enjoying it. It's just that you're so fucking awkward, lmao.

Well... now that I think about it, your joining the military out of some sense of striving for stimulation is more of a LSI thing. It's Se creative going off and impulsively participating in things that appear fun. Se creative seeking Fe. Diana is extremely impulsive; I can't say more than that, but trust me. I've called her insane, and she's without a doubt LSI, we have too much in common.

Yeah. Well all of my problems center around relationships and how much i completely suck at them. ahhh
    Not type-related, and altogether subjective. If you're LSI, then find a Beta NF and let him get into your head. Find George and let him mind meld with you. You'll feel all wooie and wawa and he'll think you're funny, if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Amirite

I done been calling this shit.
    mirite

Nah, i'm pretty sure it's all out flipping out...verbally flipping out...I don't punch things or whatever. I've gotten called crazy before on multiple occassions but if that's how I feel I need to act in that situation, oh well..too bad.. guess I'm crazy. What's crazy to me is when I'm getting crazy and the other person just sits there and doesn't give me anything back. Basically infuriates me to the point it keeps going. And what SLI would yell about personal things in a room full of people as they're talking on the phone? Stupid things like that that keep me questioning it. I did that yesterday and came and posted this thread afterwards because i thought 'wow, how Un-SLI of you, must make a thread about it'.
    Make a video where you ramble on about shit. Stuff you hate, stuff you like, and let me see it. I'll tell you your type.

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    If I could I would marry this trait and we would go on vacation to Hawaii. Thank the lord for Te polr. DON'T EVER CHANGE
    It's cuter when ILIs do it, but still annoying . There would be times in tinychat when I would be annoying (leaving it there because FREUDIAN SLIP LOLOL. meant to say annoyed) and want to drop something, and nanashi would take it unto herself to summarize in detail what was transpiring and to describe the nature and causes of my negative emotional state.

She's all like and I'm like

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Hmm, maybe this is a subtype thing, because Diana is Se sub and she would be much more likely to react similarly to you, but she'd still find it embarrassing. I'm Ti sub and I'd be absolutely mortified if I impulsively said something like that in formal company. Among friends it's permissible, since personal shame is protected behind camaraderie.
    Don't get me wrong, when I calmed down, it was kind of embarassing and thought wow, i really can't control myself. When I get that angry I don't care who is around, it's going to be said. Honestly it's gotten me in trouble even in the military...a place where you'd think you'd be able to maintain some control over it. I'm not a crazy angry idiot about it but if someone pisses me off a lot...it's ugly.

You do remind me of Diana in some ways. SLIs tend to shun my shock humor, whereas you've both admitted to enjoying it. It's just that you're so fucking awkward, lmao.
    Am I really awkward? How so? lol. Nothing can offend me.

Well... now that I think about it, your joining the military out of some sense of striving for stimulation is more of a LSI thing. It's Se creative going off and impulsively participating in things that appear fun. Se creative seeking Fe. Diana is extremely impulsive; I can't say more than that, but trust me. I've called her insane, and she's without a doubt LSI, we have too much in common.
    I only joined because I wanted to travel and wanted to experience things and well...i was bored lolz.

Make a video where you ramble on about shit. Stuff you hate, stuff you like, and let me see it. I'll tell you your type.
    I think I am utterly incapable of rambling on about anything. I don't have the willpower or the attention span or the care to....at least not towards a webcam. I can't do it. It's impossible and awkward.

Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I don't do all that... I'm probably harder on myself than anyone else. If someone doesn't respond I'll either just walk away or feel like an ass for getting all worked up. occassionally I'll want to beat the person, I refrain but I can get pretty heated.

I hate control games. I like to feel equal atleast 90% of the time, if it's not... It bothers me, and most likely I'll question what's up or I'll sabtagoue it all if I feel like there's no reason to continue.

....I say this as I look out over all the wreckage of the bridges I've burned.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn girl

I never *really* felt it before, but you and I are actually very similar after reading your posts in this thread. I could buy LSI for you. You could be my dual <3 But I'm still unsure... although the wanting an emotional reaction and going INSANE when you don't get one is me to a T as well. I give people the straight up 100% emotional truth and I require people do that for me as well. That's one thing that pisses me off about IEIs -- a lot of them "hide away" or "curl up" in themselves as I see it and there I am, going all out and having absolutely no filter for my thoughts so that we can have a very HONEST conversation... and I get a reply of like a sentence or a phrase. As if they have to hold themselves back because some things are meant to be internally processed and not shared... fuck that

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn girl

I never *really* felt it before, but you and I are actually very similar after reading your posts in this thread. I could buy LSI for you. You could be my dual <3 But I'm still unsure... although the wanting an emotional reaction and going INSANE when you don't get one is me to a T as well. I give people the straight up 100% emotional truth and I require people do that for me as well. That's one thing that pisses me off about IEIs -- a lot of them "hide away" or "curl up" in themselves as I see it and there I am, going all out and having absolutely no filter for my thoughts so that we can have a very HONEST conversation... and I get a reply of like a sentence or a phrase. As if they have to hold themselves back because some things are meant to be internally processed and not shared... fuck that
    It's really hard for me to be affectionate...like super hard but that might just be upbringing or something, who knows. I actually really enjoy getting so angry because that's when I'm able to be the most honest and make sense of what I'm actually feeling because otherwise, I'm clueless as to what I'm feeling. I provoke it many times so I can do that. I dunno, it's some kind of charge in an otherwise unemotional existance. I don't enjoy talking about feelings when it's in a calm atmosphere...that's creepy. The only times I've ever told someone I loved them and meant it ... really meant it, was when I was furious. My god, that's terrible.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

annoying attention seeking thread.

you're almost overtaking gilly's 50 selftype threads.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    annoying attention seeking thread.

you're almost overtaking gilly's 50 selftype threads.
    BECUZ I'M SEEKING FE DUH

It really wasn't supposed to turn into another typing thread, I swear. And no, I won't have sex with you.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And no, I won't have sex with you.
    no problem I get enough from Borderline nowadays.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's really hard for me to be affectionate...like super hard but that might just be upbringing or something, who knows. I actually really enjoy getting so angry because that's when I'm able to be the most honest and make sense of what I'm actually feeling because otherwise, I'm clueless as to what I'm feeling. I provoke it many times so I can do that. I dunno, it's some kind of charge in an otherwise unemotional existance. I don't enjoy talking about feelings when it's in a calm atmosphere...that's creepy. The only times I've ever told someone I loved them and meant it ... really meant it, was when I was furious. My god, that's terrible.
    ZACTLY. Fe-POLR in my book (well, devalued Fe for sure). And the SLI I knew tends to excel when he's angry. It seems like anger gives you SLIs energy or something.

"That's terrible"-- u are embarrassed about it. POLR.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    ZACTLY. Fe-POLR in my book (well, devalued Fe for sure). And the SLI I knew tends to excel when he's angry. It seems like anger gives you SLIs energy or something.

"That's terrible"-- u are embarrassed about it. POLR.
    Jesus please stop ever giving type advice.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Jesus please stop ever giving type advice.
    here we go...

Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gawd ppl. this seems way more seeking than seeking. my brother has once said the same thing as above to me, but he made it seem it was more like he didnt care what he was feeling rather than not knowing, that could be because your a chick and need to feel more intune with your feelings which makes it seems like such a struggle... hes SLI btw. but again, just an observation.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't honestly know if my husband has ever actually told me he loves me. I don't think being uncomfortable or whatever saying those words means you aren't SLI.

Something he does is to mildly provoke me from time to time. Little things, like he'll say something he knows I'll bark at him over, I can't think of a specific example. And then I'll yell at him and he is amused or happy or something -it's like feeling that pull when I'm mad at him makes him happy. And then it's over. I don't think of it as fighting because it lasts all of 5 seconds. "Why would you say that?!?!" and he'll back right down and seem happy. It's like he just wants to feel that relationship pull between us. As soon as he feels it, it's over.

So I guess what I'm getting at is that if getting upset is something you're doing to try to draw out emotions and get someone to create an emotional environemnt or something, then that seems Fe seeking, but if it's to test the relational bond between you and someone, then that seems Fi seeking. You probably know what you're looking for better than anyone here does.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    I don't honestly know if my husband has ever actually told me he loves me. I don't think being uncomfortable or whatever saying those words means you aren't SLI.

Something he does is to mildly provoke me from time to time. Little things, like he'll say something he knows I'll bark at him over, I can't think of a specific example. And then I'll yell at him and he is amused or happy or something -it's like feeling that pull when I'm mad at him makes him happy. And then it's over. I don't think of it as fighting because it lasts all of 5 seconds. "Why would you say that?!?!" and he'll back right down and seem happy. It's like he just wants to feel that relationship pull between us. As soon as he feels it, it's over.

So I guess what I'm getting at is that if getting upset is something you're doing to try to draw out emotions and get someone to create an emotional environemnt or something, then that seems Fe seeking, but if it's to test the relational bond between you and someone, then that seems Fi seeking. You probably know what you're looking for better than anyone here does.
    I swear, IEE's are saints. I don't know how they deal with SLI's half of the time. I do a lot of testing...that's usually the only way I can know for sure how someone feels unless they come right out and say it all the time and who really does that?

I'M SLI AGAIN!

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ooooh, nice insight Slacker!! I like the way you put that.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't honestly know if my husband has ever actually told me he loves me.
    IEI-Fe 4w3