Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
I reject the idea that people have to show they were busy and doing something.
... Of course you would reject it, that's because it's easier on you emotionally to justify it that way, because of your lack of experience:

Thirdly I have experienced the issue of starting working and having problems getting started because of my "lack of experience" when I actually pick up things really quickly and imo do a better job than a lot of people with a lot more experience than me
That's great you think you do a better job than others. If only you had to convince yourself in order to get hired.

And whether or not they're growing in a "positive direction" is their business.
It is the employer's business. To know if they're hiring someone who works hard and stays busy, versus someone who lazes about doing nothing, and then justifies how good they are without anything to back it up.

Also it's horrible to assume people are lazy because there are gaps in their work experience or they have less work experience.
I agree with you that it's horrible... to an extent. But it happens.

Look Loki, I'm not trying to preach at you or tell you what to do. I'm just trying to warn you. Many companies, employers, look at you or your resume objectively first, before even considering the quality of work you personally do. I just don't want to see you continue with that mindset, and end up not getting any work at all, or not being able to go where you want in life.

Believe me, stay busy. Get a crappy part-time job if you must. Getting a different job, once you already have one, is 10 times easier than getting a job if you're unemployed.

Or you can keep doing what you want. Believing performance is more important than experience. I used to believe that to, for years, and even months after I graduated university, and it got me nowhere. It helps to have experience to back up your claims. But hey, it didn't work for me, but I wish you the best of luck. Hopefully you'll get lucky and get a good job despite no experience. Let me know how that works out for you.