Hybrid View

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

adagmator - ILI

chess is generally very interesting for gamma NT types (Ni tactics + Te calculations). many world class players are ILI or LIE. to name a few:

ILI

Fabiano Caruana, Ding Liren, Viswanathan Anand

LIE

Bobby Fischer, Garry Kasparov, Hou Yifan, Hikaru Nakamura

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soundofconfusion View Post

adagmator - ILI

chess is generally very interesting for gamma NT types (Ni tactics + Te calculations). many world class players are ILI or LIE. to name a few:

ILI

Fabiano Caruana, Ding Liren, Viswanathan Anand

LIE

Bobby Fischer, Garry Kasparov, Hou Yifan, Hikaru Nakamura
    My first roommate in the university freshman dorm was an ILI. The guy was a total slob, and an asshole to boot. He'd lie around the room in his underwear 24/7, didn't go to class and never studied. He challenged me to a chess game, got one piece up, and then traded pieces until he won. That pissed me off so much that I got a book on how to win chess games quickly, learned that there is actual strategy in playing chess, and then kicked his ass right back. Not by slow attrition, but rather by a massive, unstoppable attack. Of course. Damn. I read the book!

That guy and I hated each other. I traded him to an LII for his IEI roommate, and was much happier. The IEI introduced me to insane drug use. He didn't study, either. He dropped out at the end of the year to play piano with some band.

After winning all the chess games against all the other freshmen in the Honors Hall (the part of the dorm where I lived), I stopped playing. Haven't played since, because chess is kind of boring and inconsequential in the real world. Plus, I've forgotten everything I learned that year about chess.

*EDIT*
    Actually, my roommate might not have been ILI. He was overweight and his only clothes were the black suits his mother bought for him, which he never wore. He only wore socks, undershorts, and a wifebeater undershirt.
    The reason I thought he might be ILI is the black clothes he had and his proficiency at chess, but I could easily be wrong about him. I can't remember ever disliking ILI's the way I disliked this guy, so maybe he was some other type.