TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    Bump.
    - Can you guys tell if someone is attrated to you without them having to do anything? (not in love or any feelings, but just the animalistic stuff)
    - How do you tell? (Looks, smell, touch, energy ...)
    - What does sexual tension feel like to you?
    I think I can tell just by energy. I used to think I was conceited for thinking that a random person was attracted to me but I don't think I've ever been wrong so far.

Also I think you can see it by the way they look at you.

I think Eudaimonia explained perfectly, minus the confessing my feelings part. That's what it feels like to me too...mostly wanting to move closer to them.
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump.
    - Can you guys tell if someone is attrated to you without them having to do anything? (not in love or any feelings, but just the animalistic stuff)
    Not on the moment, I go home then it hits me.
    I find tough to understand how I didn't notice on the spot because it's so obvious, like a christmas tree in may. Everything was screaming it and it passed right above my head.
    I deem "sexual tension" repulsive. It generaly comes out of the blue from people and thinking about it, there's nothing I consider warranted such an attitude. It feels disrespectful and makes me want to stay away.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flowers and sugar View Post
    I deem "sexual tension" repulsive. It generaly comes out of the blue from people and thinking about it, there's nothing I consider warranted such an attitude. It feels disrespectful and makes me want to stay away.
    This is interesting, are you saying you have never felt sexual tension with someone you wanted to be with romantically? Why do you see it as disrespectful?
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    This is interesting, are you saying you have never felt sexual tension with someone you wanted to be with romantically? Why do you see it as disrespectful?
    I never wanted to be romantically involved with anyone, that hasn't happened so far.
    And that's why I find it disrespectful, not only is it one-sided, it's too much too soon. And often only based on appearances, which makes me angry. I have a frustrated need for some deeper connection if you wish, and crossing tension off as "disrespectful" is a way I have of protecting myself.

I'm far too old to be like this, but I won't say how much.
    And I won't answer questions on this topic.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flowers and sugar View Post
    I never wanted to be romantically involved with anyone, that hasn't happened so far.
    And that's why I find it disrespectful, not only is it one-sided, it's too much too soon. And often only based on appearances, which makes me angry. I have a frustrated need for some deeper connection if you wish, and crossing tension off as "disrespectful" is a way I have of protecting myself.

I'm far too old to be like this, but I won't say how much.
    And I won't answer questions on this topic.

Lol I hate telling how old I am, I won't ask.

Ok I see now what you meant. I can see how that could be seen as disrespectful.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump.
    Ugh this is difficult for me cause I’m not very…objective in this area. But I’ll try my best what what I know. More so I tend to kinda ignore it would be a better description or I find it kinda weird. Not dense but weird. Yeah Im going to go with that.

Yes and no. It easy for me to pick it up but not easy to be effected by it. You have to be either really blunt with me or manipulate the situation to turn up the situation for me to be effected by it. It’s honestly kind of hard to hit my buttons. That kind of animalistic aspect for me in that sexual tensions has to be more mental and yielding. I find it an easier time getting a man aroused in a sexually tense way then the other way around. I just get the feeling then depending how I want to take the situation, I change the tracks. Usually it’s away more then toward haha!

There’s only been one time that I felt TRUE sexual tension to be honest. What I mean by that, is that it was positive and not me feeling freaking anxious and tense about sexual stuff moving forward and feeling insecure, awkward, unsure, or objectified. I remember it was in grade 11 or 12 and I had this small crush on a classmate that was the year younger then me. I just remembered being close to him backstage during something and I had never felt such sexual tension for myself before towards anyone. It was most likely one sided but it blinded sided me of how much I want to bed me so to speak. “Take me” could probably be seen across my forehead awhile back but ugh I was way too apparent about it. It was such a strong feeling of lust that I have yet to find since. It’s either a crush, a mental crush but nothing that animalistic. The best part was that I didn’t feel self conscious or anxious. It was just a buzzing feeling of “gimme” in my monkey brain. Honestly, I really hope to find such a strong feelings of that again and it both be mutual. That would be a dream.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

As per sight: A person who lives and breathes in sync with the environment seems to be the most eye catching/interesting to me.

[It is when they really screw over that autistic Ni and are totes Si.]
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not attracted to anyone but it often ends up the opposite, and I still wonder why.
    I found that some Gamma SFs actually are that appealing but Delta NFs or Alpha NTs aren't bad choices either.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm semi-demisexual ... I do prefer emotional connection and minds connect not really bodies.. but I admit if they have the right body in addition to the mind it's so damn good lol. yeah just liking somebody for their body is too shallow- I could never do that. the personality/'soul' is obviously more important- but if they happen to have both it's great. Most "Chads" are just boring people that are there for Karen society not weirdos like me. A Chad that can understand weirdness/be a little eccentric-off-beat and it isn't a Chad just because a Karen told him to do so is very appealing to me.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking InterPrizeWes's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The body is such a fleeting shadow of hilarious rings and cinema of the growing factory of golden ambition and desires of the twin flame nexus.
    Raptor is the 1 true Slowking. He came to completely master the system, doorways of holy wisdom and flowering to penetrate beyond bubbles of live wire explosions and channels to impulsive luster curling detonators and bell towers to resonate and build coastlines of futures and roses polarizing happy treasuries installing powers of earth and triumph!!
    Raptor will completely master the system by winning in 2014 and 2019 to further emblazon victory over George Lucas, stadiums of ruby threads igniting passion and elevators of empiricism smashing imaginative flurries meteor mashing charcoal and feathers to fissure grand canyon tomes of pewter plunge cinnabar souls walking pages of diaries to firmaments of steel giga harvesting timer ball ready to unleash shards of heaven!!
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had to look up demisexual, isn't this concept essentially the same as platonic love?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    I had to look up demisexual, isn't this concept essentially the same as platonic love?
    No, they can grow to want sex if they develop a deep enough bond with a person. The bond is necessary to feel sexual attraction.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Bump.
    - no they would have to do something
    - glances, stares. smiles, awkwardness around you, body language basically
    - magnetism/ can clearly feel the + and - energy between the 2. like the + and - pole from electricity and magnets.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump.
    it's a feeling that their center of focus has shifted onto you, for better or for worse

TIM
    ENTJ-Ni 8w9 835 SpSx
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump.

- I can. I don't know if high Te+Ni kinda help or not, but I can easily see that in the other person.
    - The level of eye contact is the most obvious sign. Also body language. The unspoken words of passion.
    - It's actually beautiful, just have fun with it, it's unpredictable and exciting.

But guess what, however much I enjoy flirting, I don't always fully open to the real "feeling" part. I don't have a heart, everyone knows that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12