Hybrid View

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hitta View Post
    You have to admit though, something doesn't add up? It may be something small like them lying about burying his body or something; but their story doesn't make sense.
    Alive or dead, he's gone and Obama will be a 2-term president.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, Brennan's press conference makes me feel surprisingly good about the operation, how it was carried out, and thought out. I don't feel like he's reading from a script, like GWB era stuff.

Even the response to questions about what Obama will say later, and the nature of the decision making process, and the relation to ISI and Pakistan in general. It sounds a lot more upfront than I expected.

We'll see, though.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am waiting on the photos. Kill a man, then throw him in the sea. Very convenient.

Plus, whoever says that it is Islamic tradition to bury a man at sea needs to get their facts straight. There is no such law. Simply an excuse to get rid of a possibly non-existent body in my opinion.
    Last edited by Mediator Kam; 05-02-2011 at 07:13 PM.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just edited it and did not see your comment. It is not at all legitimate. Islam is pretty conservative about burial. Burial in the ground 24 hours later at the maximum. No embalming unless an autopsy is needed for some reason. No burning of the body(forget what that is called). This is a joke to get people to not question it because it is a "matter of religion".
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what i read was that no country wanted to accept his body for burial, so since it was taking so long, the next best alternative was to bury in the sea with the most important priority being within 24 hrs.

sounds like the burial procedure was done per strict islamic tradition as well. This is how America operates; as a general society we respect people's religions.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I seriously doubt that no country would accept him. To throw a man in the sea to be eaten by fishes is not what anyone calls respect, and it has no Islamic basis.
    D-SEI 9w1

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Kamajama View Post
    I seriously doubt that no country would accept him. To throw a man in the sea to be eaten by fishes is not what anyone calls respect, and it has no Islamic basis.
    Its to prevent rightist christian nuts from desecrating his body amd triggering islamic fanatics to jihad

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i'm just relaying what i read.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Muslim superstition demands that bodies are buried quickly. This serves the sensible purpose of protecting mourners from disease as the body decays, and further carries the silly aim of halting the corpse from being overtaken by evil spirits. Burial at sea prevents bin Laden's grave from becoming a site of veneration or from his carcass being desecrated. Apparently it's only to be done when one has croaked aboard ship and returning to shore within a reasonable span is impossible, so the muslims who were sure to find something to bitch about in this are complaining that this unnecessary sea burial is a violation of islam (perhaps they'd have felt better if ululating masked men had sawed his head off with a commando knife on TV). Whether this type of sea burial was carried out with an actual Osama corpse, and for exactly what purpose, is up to the individual's species of paranoia to decide.

What will be interesting to note now is how his image and message will be carried forth and further mythologized by his admirers and hagiographers, who believe their anti-imperialist folk hero to have become a martyr.

I'd personally love to have my bones picked clean by sea critters. And though it was always ashes rather than bodies that were cast over the side, during my stint in the navy my ship performed burials at sea for deceased military retirees almost monthly.

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

obama actually said that osama wasn't a muslim.... yet they bury him in the name of islam(though I've never seen a burial like that).
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post