Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Breaking news: Bin Laden is dead

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently that might not be a real MLK quote? IDK. But i still like it anyway.

Bow to the Ninchucks Microknight's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    The first line of the quote is falsely attributed to Reverend King. The rest is a direct quote from his book Strength to Love.

http://books.google.com/books?id=err...rkness&f=false

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah me too.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sea burial isn't whats weird.... its that they rushed him out to sea just hours after they killed him without any evidence at all getting out or releasing anything. I mean I'm not denying that he isn't dead or whatever.... just the whole thing has played out really oddly. They incinerated the compound he was in also. Like there is nothing left of the area that he was at, no evidence, nothing to look at.... nothing.
    i agree. as far as i'm concerned this whole newsbite was a red herring. there hasn't been demonstrable indication of... anything... happening on the day. its as if they up and decided "today there will be BREAKING NEWS" and just aired the story.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now we're hearing UBL didn't "go down fighting", but was found in his room with his wife and shot for no apparent reason. The original report that he went down fighting was apparently psy ops.

Man, psy ops by an army on its own country is unethical and should be highly illegal.

But yeah this is not what will called in the history of military raids a brilliant success.

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The thing that makes me sick about the whole thing is how Bin Laden is portrayed in the US. I agree that he should have been taken down or whatever for killing innocents; but the reasons that he supposedly did it are actually highly logical compared to other crazy muslims citing religious dominance. If anyone knows the history of the american incursion in the middle east, it is quite well known that we did infinitely worse. We did infinitely worse in Iraq. We always do infinitely worse. We talk about 4000 people that died in the towers crashing but we've killed millions and millions of people without having any sympathy for human life. The truth is that we are filled with a bunch of idiot people that dance in churches when they hear we killed him and don't know the logistics of what is going on.

OMGZ THEY ATTACKED US... LETS COME TOGETHER.... WE ARE UNITED... PATRIOTISM PATRIOTISM... USA USA USA
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hitta View Post
    Seriously.... in a situation where we've already killed over a-million people in Iraq, I have to say....WHO IN THEIR FUCKING RIGHT MINDS CARE IF BIN LADEN IS DEAD?!?!? The dude probably was just attempting to protect people against the american imperialism and invasion in the only way he knew how.
    Yep
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...PjfF_blog.html

What should have happened.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sea burial isn't whats weird.... its that they rushed him out to sea just hours after they killed him without any evidence at all getting out or releasing anything. I mean I'm not denying that he isn't dead or whatever.... just the whole thing has played out really oddly. They incinerated the compound he was in also. Like there is nothing left of the area that he was at, no evidence, nothing to look at.... nothing.
    Unless they did it recently, the compound is still there. Pakistani TV crews went in the compound sometime today and retrieved odds and ends, like Osama's wife's passport.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing that makes me sick about the whole thing is how Bin Laden is portrayed in the US. I agree that he should have been taken down or whatever for killing innocents; but the reasons that he supposedly did it are actually highly logical compared to other crazy muslims citing religious dominance. If anyone knows the history of the american incursion in the middle east, it is quite well known that we did infinitely worse. We did infinitely worse in Iraq. We always do infinitely worse. We talk about 4000 people that died in the towers crashing but we've killed millions and millions of people without having any sympathy for human life. The truth is that we are filled with a bunch of idiot people that dance in churches when they hear we killed him and don't know the logistics of what is going on.

OMGZ THEY ATTACKED US... LETS COME TOGETHER.... WE ARE UNITED... PATRIOTISM PATRIOTISM... USA USA USA

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Unless they did it recently, the compound is still there. Pakistani TV crews went in the compound sometime today and retrieved odds and ends, like Osama's wife's passport.
    Well if it's still there it has to be in shambles because the entire thing was on fire; you couldn't even see the building... it was just a huge ball of fire.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

And yep, I always did think that one of the main goals Bin Laden, and much of Al Qaeda had, was to more-or-less cripple the US by getting the government/military to overextend itself (debt, morale/image problems, the type of general bogging down that gets brought on by too much red tape and security)... I never got the impression of them being a huge practical threat (shoe bomber and underwear bomber )...

Hopefully this makes September 11, 2001 - March 1, 2011 a completed era, a finished part of history, because I'm looking forward to what's ahead

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I really need to crack open a window or something

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    It is incomprehensible that America could possibly be teaching Muslims about the compassion of Sharia law when last month Congress held radicalization hearings fearing the advent of Sharia law.

It is also incomprehensible that an unarmed man cowering behind his wife was shot in the eye, when he is the most wanted man in the world. He is too valuable for such a fate.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@mun

seems more like an excuse for college students who are already stresssing and procrastinating about studying for their finals to eget drunk and celebrate in the name of 'patriotism'.

-10 for me.

Carefree Pre-9/11 World - The Colbert Report - 5/2/11 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    Hopefully this makes September 11, 2001 - March 1, 2011 a completed era, a finished part of history, because I'm looking forward to what's ahead
    Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post
    (this is May) </sotto voce>
    Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    I really need to crack open a window or something

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, did you hear how his wife "rushed" the SEALs? How threatening is it to have a woman rush at you and beat at her chest half sobbing at you not to kill her husband?

And apparently, UBL was unarmed. -Completely- unarmed.

Now that the ENFJs are done with their irrational exuberance, we can now get back to the pre-bin Laden days when dictators risen from the poverty of the masses were all the U.S. had to "worry" about.

But yeah this story is only going to get more embarrassing. And we can't say we know what happened, to be frank, until we hear from the SEALs who were there.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, did you hear how his wife "rushed" the SEALs? How threatening is it to have a woman rush at you and beat at her chest half sobbing at you not to kill her husband?

Now that the ENFJs are done with their irrational exuberance, we can now get back to the pre-bin Laden days when dictators risen from the poverty of the masses were all the U.S. had to "worry" about.

But yeah this story is only going to get more embarrassing. And we can't say we know what happened, to be frank, until we hear from the SEALs who were there.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post

My question is, WHO CARES??? All of this is irrelevant.

UBL deserved what he got. He actually deserved a lot more punishment. Killing him was actually letting him off easy for all the evil things he did to people, not just to Americans but to innocent Afghanis via the Taliban, in particular women. If you need more details, watch the movie "Osama".

How it all went down really should not be an issue imo. I mean, duh, it was the middle of the night, he would be sleeping in his bed with one of his wives. When else should the operation have happened? in broad daylight when he is armed??

I'm SURE he had a machine gun or two near his bed that he would have reached for in a split second. Enough nonsense whining. The SEALS did an AWESOME job, with minimal casualties. I'm proud of them, and proud to be an American represented by them.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if it's still there it has to be in shambles because the entire thing was on fire; you couldn't even see the building... it was just a huge ball of fire.
    Yeah, it does like pretty flamey in the night pic, but I guess it was non structural damage, like the downed US heli they exploded or something, because the building looks in pretty good shape still.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42889172/?gt1=43001 (slideshow at bottom)
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    lol you won't. DEVGRU is a black element. Those guys are all Tier One operators.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I like how Jon Stewart made the same point on the Daily Show last night that I had made about people wanting evidence of Bin Laden's death, like the photos for example. It won't matter to the diehard conspiracy nuts. We have thousands of hours of footage and hundreds of film rolls from the Apollo missions, and an insurmountable amount of additional evidence, and they still argue we've never been to the Moon. So I don't see the point, really.

edit: and yeah, you won't hear from the SEALs about this mission anytime soon. We may see something about it on the History channel in 30 or 40 years, but for the purposes of protecting the identities of the operators (PERSEC), you're not gonna hear dick from them.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Enough nonsense whining. The SEALS did an AWESOME job, with minimal casualties. I'm proud of them, and proud to be an American represented by them.
    I hope you're being ironic, but I guess this is not the case...
    Nobody knows what actually happened. (Especially that "minimal casualties" part. Huh? What about the "war on terror" beforehand?) I'm not saying that he's not dead, but regardless of what they say, I can't have an opinion of that because I was not there. I comes in handy for Obama, it happened at the best time possible for him. That's why I was wondering. Your weird patriotism and your blatant joy about someone's death makes you a mirror image of the cheering middle eastern crowd after 9/11.

I do sometimes have vindictive feelings towards people and I'd probably think different if a loved person died because of terrorism, but don't you see the irony in just killing people if you consider yourself to be a better person than those terrorists?

It was an assassination. And as far as I know, this is not compatible to the way a "civilised country" deals with criminals.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    Nobody knows what actually happened. (Especially that "minimal casualties" part. Huh? What about the "war on terror" beforehand?)

I'm talking about the operation itself. And they did what they had to do.

and no, i'm not being ironic.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In one of my local newspapers today.

The mode of goodness conditions one to happiness, passion conditions him to the fruits of action, and ignorance to madness.

Chapter 14, Verse 9.
    The Bhagavad Gita

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    Nobody knows what actually happened. (Especially that "minimal casualties" part. Huh? What about the "war on terror" beforehand?) I'm not saying that he's not dead, but regardless of what they say, I can't have an opinion of that because I was not there. I comes in handy for Obama, it happened at the best time possible for him. That's why I was wondering. Your weird patriotism and your blatant joy about someone's death makes you a mirror image of the cheering middle eastern crowd after 9/11.

I do sometimes have vindictive feelings towards people and I'd probably think different if a loved person died because of terrorism, but don't you see the irony in just killing people if you consider yourself to be a better person than those terrorists?

It was an assassination. And as far as I know, this is not compatible to the way a "civilised country" deals with criminals.
    +1000
    People dislike us because we have double standards of justice everywhere, especially anywhere outside of our own country, and especially against less powerful ones. It's also within our own country as well.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lol, they aren't gonna release the photos of bin laden dead... seriously wtf?
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't care about the birth certificate really.... still

how in the hell do they explain that?
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

also, what the fuck does that have to do with this thread?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post

also, what the fuck does that have to do with this thread?
    nothing I just found it and posted it... didn't think it deserved a thread... its pretty bizarre
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

debunked

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/54283.html
    John Ashcroft has been hired to work as an independent ethics advisor for Xe Services, the military contractor that used to be Blackwater Worldwide, the company announced Wednesday.
    Ashcroft, who became a controversial figure while serving as George W. Bush’s attorney general from 2001 to 2005, will head the company’s subcommittee on governance, which “will focus on the company’s efforts to maximize governance, compliance and accountability, continuing to build and promote the highest degrees of ethics and professionalism within the private security industry.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz1LRLHaIJn

>lol<

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/54258.html
    Osama bin Laden had cash totaling 500 Euros and two telephone numbers sewn into his clothing when he was killed — sure signs that he was prepared to flee his compound at a moment’s notice — top U.S. intelligence officials told members of Congress at a classified briefing in the Capitol Tuesday. A White House spokesman said he would not comment on the matter.

lol

proof that US currency just isn't what it used to be

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post
    I feel vicarious embarasment for this guy.... after watching this I immediately breathed in abruptly like a reverse hiss and then lol'd

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lmao

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    I feel vicarious embarasment for this guy.... after watching this I immediately breathed in abruptly like a reverse hiss and then lol'd
    Fremdscham, they call it. German delivers the linguistic goods.
    4w5 sp/sx

Please, direct all questioning of my self-typing to this thread. Thank you.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PSH

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast