Thread: DCNH and Wings--Subtypes

Hybrid View

Creepy-male

Default DCNH and Wings--Subtypes

Credit to the original thought to both Jonathan for the concept of "wings" and labcoat for the concept of "social contribution".

I thin, in addition to DCNH, there's a disparate kind of subtype: our secondary social role, as drive by our ID.

Any individual type will tend toward behaviours in line with either their Mirage or their Semi-dual. For example, an SLE-like SEI, vs an IEE-like SEI: an SEI who is critical of people's thoughts and their reasoning and more consistently seeks to perform their "Mediator" role through making their environment more rational and logical (like myself), or an SEI who more consistently seeks to build bridges between people and foster mutual understanding (an IEI in this case, but someone like Sigma). Obviously any individual will manifest both types of behaviours but gravitate toward one or the other more. This is because both wings are mutually interdependent in service of the types primary social role.

This exists on a different, but perhaps not irreconcilable level, to DCNH, owing on the most obvious level to the fact that one is a system of two subtypes, while one is a system of four.

DCNH is also concerned with group roles, while wings are more concerned with "niche" and one's independent approach to their social role; or other socially productive/worthwhile pursuits (for example, ILEs' wing-pursuits are probably not objectively socially productive, even if they're of interest to their introtim duals).

Semantically, I think you can have, for instance, Inventor-Lyricists and Inventor-Craftsmen, and Mediator-Conquerers and Mediator-Psychologists (less neat in the Mediators' case since Mediator-Conquerers often have a grasp of psychology due to their logical/rational/psychological approach to mediation; similarly with Inventor-Craftsmen producing beautiful works, and Inventor-Lyricists producing elegant and rigid/direct systems of thought).
    Last edited by male; 05-02-2011 at 06:57 AM.

Creepy-male

Additional thoughts:

There's somewhat of an Australian bias here. Artsy things and systems of mystical thought are often considered rather silly in Australian culture, but perhaps less so in other cultures.

Any sufficiently developed individual will manifest both wings. The idea of wing subtypes is more about one's consistent tendency to one style or the other. A Mediator-Conquerer is still a capable Psychologist, and vice-versa. It's just what you more consistently use to engage in your social role.

Creepy-male

One result of this--

Is there a relationship between wing and dualisation need? For example, does an ILE-Craftsman dualise better with an SEI-Conquerer, or an SEI-Psychologist: Is an ILE-SLI more in need of Si or Fe? (And thus dualises better with an SEI-Psychologist or an SEI-Conquerer.)

One potential result is that duals of a wing of the same club (eg ILE-SLI and SEI-SLE) dualise better due to better understanding of one another, without the "wing shock" of adjusting to opposing clubs (say between an ILE-IEI and an SEI-SLE).

This then gets into a definition debate about what "better" is, but perhaps regardless might be worth considering.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you agree that dual-types exist. Welcome to the club.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    So you agree that dual-types exist. Welcome to the club.

I just realized it was the same thing.

http://www.progressivesocionics.co.c...topic.php?t=57
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Creepy-male

I'm not sure. I believe the wings-subtypings are limited exclusively to semi-dual wing and mirage wing.

Your dual-types have more types, do they not?

Wings arise as a result of "vertical blocks".