Ok, let's talk.

(also, if you find this thread 'stereotypical', that's fine. I'm not intending such, I'm just trying to specifically get at something).

How have you come about it?
For me, my sense of peace is inexorably linked to productivity in some way. I know that's not necessarily healthy, and it's maybe not very conducive to being at rest, but, it is there. Maybe it's because of the EJ temperament or Te dominance.

And let me make it clear: I'm not captain productivity. Even just today I did a fair amount of sleeping and leisure activities, and it was enjoyable, but still.

I wonder how others have reconciled their want for productivity with a wanting for 'peace'. This might be somewhat of an offshoot of the delta slacker thread, but, one thing that stands out as a delta ST issue is figuring out how to fit 'others' into this matter. I think we're very good at 'doing things for other people" in the sense of protecting or providing for them, and yet, that can also be very shallow.

Shallow in the sense of - if you make your whole life out of 'meeting the needs of someone else', then, aren't you just being a puppet to some extent? Related, how do you select your own vision for what happiness is, for yourself? And how do you relate that to, yes, fitting in with the needs of others?

Perhaps I have a difficulty in juggling various needs like that, I'm not sure. Or perhaps because I don't have a strong sense of my own needs or wants, the needs of others become more amplified. What is certainly true is that there have been in situations where I've been so "involved" and even created a sense of "being needed" that it ultimately left me feeling empty and without an actual personal sense of direction, even though I didn't realize it until after everything had stopped. (Being caught up in the process, much?)

Anyway, perhaps more about this soon. I touched upon a lot of little ideas that can be developed.