Thread: Most intimidating type?

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The few ISTjs I think I've met did not intimidate me. Got along with 'em.

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    My personal intimidator is a physically attractive ENTp who I don't know, unless he is less intelligent than I am.
    If you don't mind me asking...... what type are you?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she's an intj of the highest order :-)

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Yes I get along with them pretty well, it's different, I just feel like they are on the verge of punching me all the time!
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Out of range. Please call your service provider.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Yes I get along with them pretty well, it's different, I just feel like they are on the verge of punching me all the time!
    I can relate. I always feel like ISTj's are beckoning me for a fight whenever I walk past one. But besides that, even though they aren't the easiest type to get along with, I find their more annoying than intimidating.
    PoLR
    Suggestive Function

Regular Double-shot Espresso Subtype

Just because I'm a thinking type doesn't mean I'm not an idiot.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Quirk Satellite Div.
    I can relate. I always feel like ISTj's are beckoning me for a fight whenever I walk past one. But besides that, even though they aren't the easiest type to get along with, I find their more annoying than intimidating.
    The rate of change of annoying to intimidating is given by the pounds of muscle of the given ISTj Anyway, of course it doesn't happen with my ISTj father, but that's obvious
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pissed off ENFj.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol pissed off ENFjs often seem like they're "acting" to me.
    Achtung Baby.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that the one with Acrobat?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey thanks Carla. And yes it is a great album.

Ah, I love the songs "Zoo Station", "One", and "So Cruel". Those are my favorite songs off the album...
    Achtung Baby.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And verily do we leave the path of the topic.
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

Out of range. Please call your service provider.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Quirk Satellite Div.
    The rate of change of annoying to intimidating is given by the pounds of muscle of the given ISTj Anyway, of course it doesn't happen with my ISTj father, but that's obvious
    In my experience, the ISTj's I have met don't really try to be aggressive as annoying- it seems like they try to tempt people into getting into a conflict, but then withdraw once they get someone riled up, and act as though they are the cool-headed victor who didn't fall to the passions of turning a little jab into a fight. It pisses me off at times. I take that back, they are intimidating, because they piss me off and are relentless with a behavior I don't want to deal with. I always felt that the archetypal bully in primary school is an ISTj, not ESTp. I am not saying that ISTj's are bullies, but that the role fits into an ISTj rather easily.

I think I will give an example of an interaction that I once had with an ISTj and myself:

ISTj: Tries to spook me, and succeeds satisfactorily.
    Me: Throws a small piece of food at his back.
    ISTj: Is not aware how much little food I threw at him. Grabs a 1-serving yogurt container to open and throw the contents at me.
    Me: I stand in the same place not changing my expression.
    ISTj: Thinking, "What is this person doing? A normal person would run away before I throw food at him. Does he intend to get into a fight?"
    Me: Thinking, "He sees that I am not running away, why is he still continuing to prepare the yogurt when I am standing here showing that I am ready to disarm? Does he intend to get into a fight if necessary?"
    ISTj: Gets ready to throw yogurt at me.
    Me: Thinking, "Does he actually intend to throw the whole container at me? It looks like I need to knock it out of his hand." I try to knock it out of his hand.
    ISTj: Thinking, "Is he trying to start a fight with me? I better try to lock him down and tell him that he shouldn't fight me." Confronts me and tries to tell me that I don't want to fight him.
    Me: I need to convince him now that I don't want to fight before this actually turns into a real physical confrontation. I try telling him that I don't want to fight him. I slack off from the disarming.
    ISTj: Slacks off from the locking maneuver. Proceeds to then throw the yogurt at me, getting most of it all over the hallway.
    Me: I insist that I clean up the mess in the hallway and get the paper towels and cleaning solution.
    ISTj: Is informed that I only got a dab of food on his shirt.

Confrontation ends.

This whole situation was highly, I must emphasize, highly, immature on both of our parts.
    PoLR
    Suggestive Function

Regular Double-shot Espresso Subtype

Just because I'm a thinking type doesn't mean I'm not an idiot.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tempral
    lol pissed off ENFjs often seem like they're "acting" to me.
    The more I see ISTjs, the more I see them putting on an act of angriness.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have to say ISTj's aswell. One of my INFp friends boyfriend is one and i must admit hes a bit intimidating. Hes absolutely huge and he and i dont really get on (obviously). He actually wants people not to like him. I dont get subordinated easily but if he fought me i would likely be a puddle of mash on the ground.

I can see how ISTj's to other betas aren't really intimidating though. My ISTj dad is normally quite serious etc but when he gets excited around his other beta friends he turns into a bundle of laughs. When im in my room and they have their beta conversations i find them quite jolly.

Oh i once met an ESTp playing poker at this party once. Immediately i was struck with his Se. Strongest display of it i have ever seen. I wasn't particularly scared but i was thinking holy fuken moley.

Some really tough ISTp's can put me on the back foot a little aswell. Although with them i find it an enjoyable challenge to see if i can get them to like me.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When LSIs get angry (or anyone, but especially in this case), they seem less and less serious to me. All their objectivity is gone, and it just becomes about them. The ISTj I mentioned in another thread, hour long arguments - when he gets that way, I basically see him as suggesting that others subordinate to him. It does not matter what is being said, whether it is right or wrong, it is just a personal status thing, and it completely does not float my boat. I have learned how to use my Se porl to deflate it, but I know it would only work if I am not isolated with them. ((As you should know from reading your LII profiles, ......))
    [spoil:23ec14bfd1]
    It is very critical to the methods of rough and cheap action. Robesp'era it is not possible to subordinate to volitional pressure. Any attempt to press on it inevitably leads to the conflict. It does not yield to the arm-twisting even when this threatens its life. It will not make it possible to humble itself, it will not make it possible "to take itself as the throat" - better it will die. It will not make it possible to pinch itself in the rights - it immediately demonstratively resists this (its kind preventive measure).
    [/spoil:23ec14bfd1]

It is people like that who make it worthwhile to know how to defend yourself, IMO. Not LSIs, human beings who get that way, and only seek to see things in terms of how it affects them personally. They turn into animals, and unfortunately that is how they demand to be treated.

[spoil:23ec14bfd1]
    Violence is applied only to those, who cannot bring up in itself such ethical quality, i.e., only with respect to the "predators". Robesp'er considers that the volitional action is justifiable, if it is correct. Abuse of force, by authority, by the influence Of robesp'er condemns. It does not suffer the arm-twisting, authoritarian behavior, command tone. It resists any attempt at the forced influence - and volitional, and ethical.
    [/spoil:23ec14bfd1]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Female SEE-types are the only type I've ever really found intimidating. They get in my personal space, and I know they're judging the way I look, the things I do, the choices I make. They're very upfront about if they don't understand or don't like something about me. There's one in my congregation and I used to avoid her at all costs. She's a very sharp dresser and I know she sizes me up and found me unworthy. But for some reason she was very drawn to me. I gave her a chance and talked to her (on the phone..a comfortable distance) and I found out she likes me a lot, she thinks I'm wise and likes some of the things I say. I've tried to cultivate relationships with several ESFps, especially since I learned about Socionics. I don't want to have unconscious relationships. My mother is an ESFp, and two of my longest term female friendships have been with ESFps. But only once I became comfortable and happy with myself was I able to really spend any time with them. My two friends were always so frustrated with me because I needed long periods away from them, and I wasn't close to my mother either, which bothered her. But now I don't let them intimidate me, although I still need long periods of withdrawal. I've also found that a lot of their wisdom has made my life better, once I had sufficient distance to contemplate it and implement it on my own. I'm a much better dresser (but with my own style), and I'm more willing to act on things. My unwillingness to act was something that really bothered them about me. But I still won't do what I don't want to do, whether or not they think I should.
    EII
    4w5, sp/sx

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLEs. Hardcore people. Instinctive people. I personally don't find them intimidating, but from an objective point of view, a universally most intimidating type is likely to be SLE.

TIM
    EIE-Ni6w5p4w31w2sxsp
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No type scares me that much, but probably LSE who don't understand things. I find AT FIRST SOME LSI-Se can be a little intimidating which I either don't take personally, or quickly forgive (some are hard, some are soft, most are both but depends on how their presence physically feels and how they look, one SEXY, SEXY very tall apple-shaped lady with super stiff body and flat ass made me super horny as soon as i saw her it felt so good my body felt it), but then they quickly do something that makes me feel better. It's really not easy for LSI-Se to intimidate me for long.

Sometimes loud noises intimidate me and any type can do that.
    Last edited by Disturbed; 03-29-2023 at 11:51 AM.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Types perception relates to IR.
    Superego have most potentional to inspire most of aversion and do most of the harm, as have most strong your weakest and meanwhile nonvalued functions. Weakest function by Jung is the one opposite to 1st function and not what Augustinavichiute claimed.
    The good in such situations is those are bi-directional. And when you act in borders of own 1-2 strong functions - this is perceived same negatively by the opponent, while his influences on you are reduced. It's also useful to try keep more of the attention and activity in borders of own valued regions, to reduce negative influence and perception of interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    No type scares me that much, but probably LSE who don't understand things.
    So when someone disagrees with your opinion in logical region. In case it's Te and you have Fe, this would point to common IR effect. Generally, the most such when both have opposite functions as 1st and hence the opponent influences on your weakest function the most.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI
    LII
    Ti-ILE
    Fe-IEIs who like to read/toy with people. They’re always the first ones to notice how intense and awkward I am sometimes and try to get me to laugh/break my composure or make observations/assumptions about me that hit too close to home
    Last edited by Averroes; 03-27-2023 at 12:41 PM.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grumpy LSIs

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sei

I say brilliant things sporadically BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSIs are cool over text but I personally feel vulnerable around them in person.
    SLE are cool in person but I feel some distrust, as if they had some evil plans hidden beneath this joyful and easy going person
    LIE are too invasive and they keep asking questions which I feel I would rather not share, but they are cool
    LII are cool at a distance, as you get closer they can start hurting your feelings if you're not centered. They're usually less socialy apt than their Ti base LSI fellow counterparts
    SEE are easy to understand, and you just need to listen to them, but they can get suspicious for the most twisted reasons, and there's this sense that they can start a quarrel out of some stupid or ordinary intuitive comment, especially if resembles anything like divination or Ni related

Well, that's what I'd think before finding my center. Now I can get along with anyone if I want to. Just take your time and effort.
    We're all humans afterall and we all crave being validated, appreciated, and listened to.
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh, ez 1 - SLEs.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE. and EIE. i often feel useless in Fe atmosphere.

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not intimidated by others, so...dunno.

Can't recall ever being intimidated by anyone in my life, but I was probably intimidated by my dad as a kid. I probably got so used to his intensity levels that everyone else was just like..."ok, whatever." IDK, but I know I'm far from intimidated by him now. The only thing that intimidates me is the possibility of legal consequences if we ever hung out in person again, because he'd surely try to pull his domineering shit, and then we would be head to head, and neither of us would back down. I could genuinely imagine us fighting to the death. I would win, because A) I know him, and he doesn't know me at all. He was too preoccupied with trying to erase me and make me into who he wanted me to be, to ever get to know me. He's predictable to me, but I'm not predictable to him. Then, B) He's an old fucker now. The tables have turned. I'm not a small, defenseless child anymore. I have my youth on my side, and he is now the feeble one.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE-Se, and SEE of both subtypes, when they go on aggressive mode (usually SEE's are easygoing people--until you piss them off).
    Then, the angel asked her what her name was. She said: "I have none"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my personal experience, which is going to contradict Gulenko and popular opinion on here, the SLE and SEE I know are not intimidating. The SLE uses a lot of Te business consultancy stuffs and Se, he just likes to be engaged in everything. The SEE also likes to be involved in stuff, but his Te more chaos, less focused order. Neither is intimidating.

I've known many LSE that are often egotistical, aggressive, overbearing, judgemental, overly conservative - such as thinking women should be owned by men, and when you don't do what they suggest or disagree with them, they become hostile. So intimidating fits them a lot more, even though they don't value Se (because it's strong valued Te that pretty much makes them like this). Actually Andrew Tate is probably Te, possible LSE (or LIE is possible too), now that I think of it. But LSE always seem like they have something to prove for some reason. I don't get it because their Fe can be playful and they can kind of be like pseudo-ILE. But they need to chill with their domineering judgmental bullshit. I don't know enough about LIEs, but the few I've known at work haven't acted like this. Their Ni seem to subdue the crazy Te lead, but they were also Ni subs, so who knows.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12