Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Comparisons between the Astrology, Zodiac, Socionics, MBTI, Alchemy, Numerology and Taoism

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Of course I don't, and I won't until you start expressing your 'self' in an authentic fashion. Until then, I have no reason to believe you are something else than a fantasist.
    I just do what works for me in this world and really do not give a crap. Personally, I think you are missing out and putting you own self at the disadvantage. But then, to each his own.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew View Post
    I just do what works for me in this world and really do not give a crap. Personally, I think you are missing out and putting you own self at the disadvantage. But then, to each his own.
    You're wrong here: I know where you are, because I have been there myself. It is you who doesn't know how to live his life without filling it with highly neurotic BS. Not that I'm an expert at it, but I'm learning.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're wrong here: I know where you are, because I have been there myself. It is you who doesn't know how to live his life without filling it with highly neurotic BS. Not that I'm an expert at it, but I'm learning.
    Yeah, that's probably the best thing you have said the entire time. Might as well be comfortable with leaving it there.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, that's probably the best thing you have said the entire time. Might as well be comfortable with leaving it there.
    Why, are you afraid of discussion? Are you afraid of self-disclosure? Are you afraid we are going to see the real you?
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why, are you afraid of discussion? Are you afraid of self-disclosure? Are you afraid we are going to see the real you?
    I am tired of the annoying psychoanalysis bullshit that is out of context for this thread and for the most part would rather change the subject back to the purpose of this thread.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am tired of the annoying psychoanalysis bullshit that is out of context for this thread and for the most part would rather change the subject back to the purpose of this thread.
    I don't think this discussion is out of context at all: I'm demonstrating that the believes you are proposing, cannot be seen apart from your personality, your thought patterns and your coping strategies, which is entirely appropriate within the context of a discussion of how the Zodiac relates to Socionics, and within the context of a forum that is about discussion of styles of information elements and information exchange.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think this discussion is out of context at all: I'm demonstrating that the believes you are proposing, cannot be seen apart from your personality, your thought patterns and your coping strategies, which is entirely appropriate within the context of a discussion of how the Zodiac relates to Socionics, and within the context of a forum that is about discussion of styles of information elements and information exchange.
    You failed ... insert another quarter and try again.

Unless you are just trying to annoy me, in which case you just got a high score using cheat codes.

This is seriously my last posting concerning this ...

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You failed ... insert another quarter and try again.

Unless you are just trying to annoy me, in which case you just got a high score using cheat codes.

This is seriously my last posting concerning this ...
    I failed in your eyes, alright. Just another person who is afraid to enter discussion because he senses danger to his believe system, self-image and/or social status.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I failed in your eyes, alright. Just another person who is afraid to enter discussion because he senses danger to his believe system, self-image and/or social status.
    Do you really really want to know that bad ... ?

You might regret that you asked.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child View Post
    I really don't see how associating an arcane idea and meaningless intellecutalization of two systems that are both or have been considered pseudo-science has anything to do with what sort of person someone is other than telling that someone is imaginative, inquisitive, and probably has his/her own eccentricities but does not really reflect ill mental condition or any such thing. In fact, I used to be quite attracted to such unusual ideas and entertained them for the novelity of it and I take any such suspicion on McNew's state of health of whatever as a jab at my mental-health, not that I really entertain such ideas anymore and only did when I was younger (and I am still young), but still, not to be a sour-puss, I can tell this is really bothering McNew for reasons why I would be bothered as sharing such ideas can be an act that opens up one to unneeded jabs at one's own sanity and I personally am saying that I condone none of it. I've been in that boat and know my own sanity and would like to voice my objection.

And even professional psychologists are (or should be) very cautious of making any diagnosis or even suggesting a diagnosis of a personality disorder or of seriously having such traits until they have closely examined the individual. I don't think they would approve of diagnosing someone or even thinking of making assumptions about someone over the internet. Not to be patronizing, but this disturbs me. It greatly disturbs me and I'll leave my point at that.

McNew: Just ignore people. I'm sure with all the shit you've dealt with because of this forum you've learned to do that, but I'm just saying it again.

Consentingadult [quite a paradox there] thinks that if he takes jabs at my beliefs and mental health that he can undermine the possibility that I might 'someday in the future' show that there is a 1:1 consistency between the Zodiac and socionics, which in my opinion is a rather immature feat in itself.

Even sadder is that he attempted [his own words] to show that what I am presenting is just a figment of my imagination and therefore not even legitimate BEFORE I even showed anything to the forum at all. To me that just blows his own argument and incentive out of the water. I mean heck, he hasn't even seen it yet and his main strategy to keep me from doing this is to discredit me ... ?

This is besides the fact that my work is based upon both legitimate human psychology, the zodiac, war methods, and a bunch of stuff salesman and pick-up artists use.

Heck, I found a 1:1 comparison between the same formula salesman and pick-up artists use to the Zodiac, so there is quite likely a 1:1 comparision between socionics and the Zodiac as well. I am still working on that, but I might have something here in the near future.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you really really want to know that bad ... ?

You might regret that you asked.
    No, by all means, go ahead.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, by all means, go ahead.
    I am currently working on it and might have some comparisons up this afternoon. More than likely I'll make a new post in the alternative section for this ...

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't see how associating an arcane idea and meaningless intellecutalization of two systems that are both or have been considered pseudo-science has anything to do with what sort of person someone is other than telling that someone is imaginative, inquisitive, and probably has his/her own eccentricities but does not really reflect ill mental condition or any such thing.
    I didn't say he was mentally ill, I said the example he gave was a good example of schizotypal thinking. But based on other expressions of his personalities, including posts that have nothing to do with schizotypal thinking, I do conclude he hasn't put one and one together in a proper way yet. His ideas are coping strategies that help him to deal with realities he's afraid to face. Well, I have news for him: the nirvana he sees ahead is not there and it sure as hell is never going to come. Not until he takes responsibility for his own life instead of shifting it away to some obscure stars 50 gazillion light years away from here.

As to you: you've spoken your position quite eloquently: you really don't see. So many others do, the answers are out there.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't say he was mentally ill, I said the example he gave was a good example of schizotypal thinking. But based on other expressions of his personalities, including posts that have nothing to do with schizotypal thinking, I do conclude he hasn't put one and one together in a proper way yet. His ideas are coping strategies that help him to deal with realities he's afraid to face. Well, I have news for him: the nirvana he sees ahead is not there and it sure as hell is never going to come. Not untill he takes responsibility for his own life instead of shifting it away to some abscure stars 50 gazillion light years away from here.

As to you: you've spoken your position quite eloquently: you really don't see. So many others do, the answers are out there.
    I've put 1 and 1 together already ... and either you are going to take back those words or prove yourself blind to what is coming.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am currently working on it and might have some comparisons up this afternoon. More than likely I'll make a new post in the alternative section for this ...
    Comparisons about what? About how Socioncs and the Zodiac relate? I couldn't care less. I want answers to the questions I have asked, questions that I think are important for understanding why you believe there's a relationship between Socionics and the Zodiac:

1. who did you go see several professionals to get an answer to the question whether of not you're schizotypal, instead of just one, or at most two (for a second opinion?
    2. what prompted you to do so? Did you yourself have the idea anything was wrong with you?
    3. what was the process by which these professionals established you are not schizotypal?

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've put 1 and 1 together already ... and either you are going to take back those words or prove yourself blind to what is coming.
    I'm instilled with fear!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm instilled with fear!
    Why ... ? That wasn't intended to be fearful ...

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why ... ? That wasn't intended to be fearful ...
    Then how was it intended? What were you trying to say with that?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then how was it intended? What were you trying to say with that?
    You'll see when you see what I am going to post ...

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You'll see when you see what I am going to post ...
    Well, I hope they are answers to the questions I've asked, because I'm not going to read anything else.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I hope they are answers to the questions I've asked, because I'm not going to read anything else.
    Alright then ... guess you were instilled with fear.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright then ... guess you were instilled with fear.
    I don't think so: at the core emotional level, I do not believe in omnipotence, or anything supernatural. You on the other hand, I'm sure are dreaming of omnipotence and total control over life. It is you who's afraid: of life, of your inner self, of your fundamental loneliness that you seek to escape by means of your grotesque fantasies, of the fact that you have failed in life and are seeking to compensate this by getting yourself a niche where things are so obfuscated that you are save from criticism.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think so: at the core emotional level, I do not believe in omnipotence, or anything supernatural. You on the other hand, I'm sure are dreaming of omnipotence and total control over life. It is you who's afraid: of life, of your inner self, of your fundamental loneliness that you seek to escape by means of your grotesque fantasies, of the fact that you have failed in life and are seeking to compensate this by getting yourself a niche where things are so obfuscated that you are save from criticism.
    You know, that is fine and dandy and all that that is your opinion, lots of people have opinions. Even I have an opinion. The things is though, what you are saying has absolutely NOTHING TO DO with the comparisons between socionics and the zodiac.

Plain and simple you are being an idiot and I think you should SHUT UP unless you have something useful to say.

And quit asking about my personal life, that is none of your business and you are starting to cross the line.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW is this your website ... ?

http://mavericksocionics.blogspot.com/

It is so kick ass ... I learned so damn much about socionics my HEAD exploded ... my head is still throbbing with exstacy as I write. It's like if socionics was crack cocaine, all the addicts would be there! That is some good shit!

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, that is fine and dandy and all that that is your opinion, lots of people have opinions. Even I have an opinion. The things is though, what you are saying has absolutely NOTHING TO DO with the comparisons between socionics and the zodiac.

Plain and simple you are being an idiot and I think you should SHUT UP unless you have something useful to say.

And quit asking about my personal life, that is none of your business and you are starting to cross the line.
    Actually, CuriousSoul's opinions of you are about in line with the character of a self-correcting oppositionate, which is indeed a dominant dimension of your personality. They are all true.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Actually, CuriousSoul's opinions of you are about in line with the character of a self-correcting oppositionate, which is indeed a dominant dimension of your personality. They are all true.
    Self-correcting oppositionate ... opposite and self-correcting. Possibly.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Self-correcting oppositionate ... opposite and self-correcting. Possibly.
    Only two dispositions focus on gaining power: radicalism and the disposition to opposition. You're nature is that of an arch-partisan who is disposed to believe the other side more often than not. This because you take ground that cannot be justified even by your own standards. You invariably eventually look to the other side to prove you wrong, and when they do you accept your mistake without reservation. In so doing you set an example for others who follow your beliefs.

You're the prosecutor in My Cousin Vinney.

I can at any rate draw conclusion about the orientation of your alter ego. Only a traditionalist would take astrology so seriously... it was, as you say, an invented system for the classification of individuals. This direction was, presumably, thought necessary in light of the poor understanding of human nature (at the individual level) which was then had. In light of theories of nature, however, it's obsolete.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only two dispositions focus on gaining power: radicalism and the disposition to opposition. You're nature is that of an arch-partisan who is disposed to believe the other side more often than not. This because you take ground that cannot be justified even by your own standards. You invariably eventually look to the other side to prove you wrong, and when they do you accept your mistake without reservation. In so doing you set an example for others who follow your beliefs.

I can at any rate draw conclusion about the orientation of your alter ego. Only a traditionalist would take astrology so seriously... it was, as you say, an invented system for the classification of individuals. This direction was, presumably, thought necessary in light of the poor understanding of human nature (at the individual level) which was then had. In light of theories of nature, however, it's obsolete.
    I am not so sure that the Zodiac is obsolete somuch that it should be updated. The language that is used to describe its working is just, archaic, and I think that leads to various conflicting interpretations.

This is why I am looking at the Zodiac more in a way that a Tao war strategists would, which to a varying degree did have practical results in application. The patterns and comparisons that I am drawing can be shown from history to have validity. Really, I see no better way to start than to take that route.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which one is the Prosecutor here ... ?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lane Smith's character, the DA.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't find any value in astrology as far as describing individuals born under a sign. After all, I have glossed through the characteristics of each sign and immediately noticed how well-rounded the descriptions were. Maybe I have to study it more, but I think it's purpose is obsolete. However, I can see it as of value in trying to understand the evolution of personality theory. I pretty much agree with Tcu's ideas on astrology.
    The thing that no one seems to realize here is that the Zodiac is not something totally specific to astrology, and I am not necessarily just using astrology to make my comparisons. I am using alchemy, and there is a significance difference between alchemy and astrology. Otherwise, I would say you and tchaud are right, but I think you are both misunderstanding this difference.

I am about ready to give an example ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Comparisons between the Zodiac, Socionics, Alchemy, Taoism, and a little Astrology

The main comparisons I have made this far I have placed in the following pdf document:

http://the16types.info/socionics_ast...comparison.pdf

It is also based upon the 36 china war strategies, which are shown to be linked in the above document by the "Apache Star" diagram ...

http://the16types.info/mystrat.pdf
    http://the16types.info/the_thirty_six_strategies.pdf

also here:

http://www.the16types.info/other_36_interpretation.pdf

mystrat.pdf is where I rewrote the 36 strategies to my style of doing things ...

Feel free to ask questions or discussion ... Be civil ... Thanks.

And especially be free to ask me any specific questions on how I came to certain determinations or how the charts go.

An alternative link to download the pdfs can be found by clicking here:
    http://www.uploading.com/files/34MY0...p_pdf.zip.html

Picture:

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just released some of my findings here ...

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...984#post444984

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please note that I am going to have a no-tolerance policy for bullshit in this thread, so if you never plan to look and study this stuff with an open mind or just want to troll your post will be deleted and you will be kicked from this thread.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The pdf ain't opening here :/
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    The pdf ain't opening here :/
    Which one ... ?

I'll see if I can provide alternative links through another means. Give me a minute ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an alternative link here ...

http://www.uploading.com/files/34MY0...p_pdf.zip.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The charts are a lot to process, but having a basic understanding of the zodiac helps.

The Chinese strategies are very cool, though.
    Realize that the charts are made the way they are for a reason, and that is to help one see the 1:1 parallels between all of these. It is easier than writting a bunch of stuff and alot less for everyone else to read.

What I would do is print out all of the pdfs, get a pen and paper and then take notes on any comparisons you see. Some of the comparisons are quite easy to figure out, and many of the names of the different war strategies actually hint at the alchemical process and element to which they they belong.

For example,"borrow a corpse to raise a spirit" obviously hints to the alchemical process of sublimination, such as the way dry ice behaves [dry ice is just a gas that turns solid when frozen with no water state] and when it is exposed to the air, it evaporates off. So, something cold, solid, and inanimate that is given new life when exposed to air. "Trouble the water to catch the fish" obvious hints at belonging to the water element in the name itself.

Some of them are obviously one alchemical process when seen in total context, for example "fool the emperor to cross the sea","kill with borrowed sword", and "loot a house on fire" obviously together hint at the fire element, a pot of water being heated, and the value of 'solids' in the pot; this is basically the alchemical process of digestion at work.

You can then use this to determine to which socionic type they belong. Alpha would apply to the wet season, spring, both representing youth. Beta, to the hot season, both representing adulthood. Gamma and dry for middle-age and delta and cold for old age. From here it is easy to make determinations of some sort of which type is put with what element.

Note that the Mutable signs Gemini,etc represent two different socionics types at once. This is because the Mutable signs have two different qualities to them, when the cardinal and fixed only have one quality. Gemini is both wet and hot where Cancer is just hot and Taurus is just wet. So, Taurus and Cancer only have one socionic type applied to them where Gemini has two.

There are plenty of other comparisons, you just have to be open enough to find them.

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Angel von Himmel; 10-28-2008 at 01:39 PM. Reason: edited just to show links ...
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Alpha NT is probably a mixture of Jupiter and Mercury energies.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast