Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    Nice work. This coincides with what I have observed so far. Only I'd put semi-duality as uncommon. I've participated in probably over a hundred typing threads by now on other forums and really don't remember a single semi-duality mis-typing.
    Yeah, I feel like the 3-4 section needs to be re-examined. For one thing, Activity seems like it should be slightly higher than Supervision, Semi-Duality, etc., as it's a mistyping I see occasionally, certainly more than the others. I also feel like Benefit should be higher on the list, as it's something I see all the time (Lady Gaga, for example, is commonly typed either EIE or SEE -- whether or not she's either of those, people clearly have a tendency to confuse the two -- and I include myself in that, on occasion. ). Probably there are factors that I haven't taken into account, or I've weighted the current ones incorrectly, etc. Hopefully I'll be able to refine it a little more.
    Quaero Veritas.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, trial run. This is from the recent Angelina Jolie thread here. I think she'll be a good example, because I have no idea what her type is (except, as we'll see below, I have one or two ideas what her type isn't).

Suggested typings for Angelina Jolie: LSI, ESE, SEI, IEI, SLI, ILE, ESI, SEE.

Here are the types with the resulting inter-type relations listed from least common mistyping to most common mistyping.

LSI: Semi-Duality, Supervision, Supervision, Activation, Benefit, Look-a-Like, Quasi-Identity
    ESE: Semi-Duality, Supervision, Supervision, Activation, Extinguishment, Quasi-Identity, Mirror
    SEI: Dual, Extinguishment, Benefit, Look-a-Like, Kindred, Quasi-Identical, Mirror
    IEI: Super-Ego, Semi-Duality, Mirage, Supervision, Activation, Benefit, Look-a-Like
    SLI: Super-Ego, Semi-Duality, Mirage, Supervision, Benefit, Kindred, Quasi-Identity
    SEE: Super-Ego, Semi-Duality, Mirage, Supervision, Extinguishment, Quasi-Identity, Mirror
    ILE: Conflict, Super-Ego, Duality, Semi-Duality, Mirage, Supervision, Activation
    ESI: Conflict, Extinguishment, Benefit, Benefit, Look-a-Like, Quasi-Identical, Mirror

LSI looks like the most probable typing, and ESI the least probable. But this is due to the presence of the suggested ILE typing, which seems highly improbable to me. Having removed ILE from the list, you get the following:

SEI: Extinguishment, Benefit, Look-a-Like, Kindred, Quasi-Identical, Mirror
    ESI: Extinguishment, Benefit, Benefit, Look-a-Like, Quasi-Identical, Mirror
    LSI: Semi-Duality, Supervision, Activation, Benefit, Look-a-Like, Quasi-Identity
    ESE: Semi-Duality, Supervision, Supervision, Extinguishment, Quasi-Identity, Mirror
    SEE: Semi-Duality, Mirage, Supervision, Extinguishment, Quasi-Identical, Mirror
    IEI: Super-Ego, Semi-Duality, Supervision, Activation, Benefit, Look-a-Like
    SLI: Super-Ego, Mirage, Supervision, Benefit, Kindred, Quasi-Identity

Suddenly, SEI and ESI become the most likely typings. I also don't think ESE is very likely, so let's remove that and see what happens:

ESI: Benefit, Benefit, Look-a-Like, Quasi-Identical, Mirror
    SEI: Extinguishment, Benefit, Look-a-Like, Kindred, Quasi-Identical,
    LSI: Supervision, Activation, Benefit, Look-a-Like, Quasi-Identity
    SEE: Semi-Duality, Mirage, Supervision, Extinguishment, Mirror
    IEI: Super-Ego, Semi-Duality, Activation, Benefit, Look-a-Like
    SLI: Super-Ego, Mirage, Benefit, Kindred, Quasi-Identity

ESI is now in the lead. Now that I think about it, isn't Brad Pitt often typed LIE? Hmm. I will have to consider ESI for Jolie more closely.

Anyway, it looks like this system is pretty vulnerable to outlier typings. But once those are removed, the results are interesting. I'll have to try it on someone whose type I'm more sure of, next time.
    Quaero Veritas.