Thread: Final Poll for Jinxi's Type

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's over.
    Last edited by Jinxi; 02-28-2012 at 01:03 AM.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxi
    I don't have a disorder.
    orly? then why have you been mentioning being clinically depressed?
    A disorder is a pervading set of behavior that isn't a response to a particular situation currently in effect.

If a person is currently in (or has recently been in) a situation in which the behavior was adaptive, then that behavior is not considered a disorder. So it's quite easy for a person to be or have been clinically depressed, have/had social anxiety, phobias/fears, paranoid ideas, etc yet not have a disorder.

Also, regarding your posts 101 and 124 in this thread:

I was going to comment on the other stuff you had written, but Ashton's response will do. Might I suggest, however, doing more studying and gain practical experience in the field of psychology before even attempting to attribute causal assertions and projective intentions onto others based on limited online information?

Those two posts read too much like Myron Larabee from "Jingle All the Way": They sit there and use subliminal messages to suck your children's' minds out! And I know what I'm talking about because I went to junior college for a semester and I studied psychology so I'm right in there, I know what's going on.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    A disorder is a pervading set of behavior that isn't a response to a particular situation currently in effect.

If a person is currently in (or has recently been in) a situation in which the behavior was adaptive, then that behavior is not considered a disorder. So it's quite easy for a person to be or have been clinically depressed, have/had social anxiety, phobias/fears, paranoid ideas, etc yet not have a disorder.

Also, regarding your posts 101 and 124 in this thread:

I was going to comment on the other stuff you had written, but Ashton's response will do. Might I suggest, however, doing more studying and gain practical experience in the field of psychology before even attempting to attribute causal assertions and projective intentions onto others based on limited online information?

Those two posts read too much like Myron Larabee from "Jingle All the Way": They sit there and use subliminal messages to suck your children's' minds out! And I know what I'm talking about because I went to junior college for a semester and I studied psychology so I'm right in there, I know what's going on.
    The fact that you're making some extremely obvious points seems to indicate that you are not quite understanding the nature of this forum.

This is an internet forum for typology and psychology enthusiasts majority of whom do no have a PhD in psych and 20+ years of practice but may be a semester or two of psych coursework under their belts just like you have. Every typing thread is a collection of personal assumptions and interpretations and basically leaps of imagination made by a group of strangers who have never met the person they are tying. Information is very limited and consists of only what the poster has volunteered to describe of themselves. Possible biases are huge and your guess on whether clinical depression and social anxiety were adaptive or not is as good as anyone else's guess. Posters essentially come here and make these guesses for fun, while it sounds like you're taking this all a bit to rigidly and seriously.

Ashton's line of reasoning leads to a dead end. If I ask him to describe why he thinks that Jinxi is INFx type, I can use exactly the same arguments he used and say that any particular behavior or any single instance of expression is not indicative of any information element, and thus discredit any conclusion that he arrives at and he'd be back at square one. It is not single instances of behavior but instead frequency and intensity, the context of behaviors and attitudes expressed in combination with holistic evaluation that leads to a person's sociotype. Unfortunately such an encompassing representation is difficult to get across over forums as you might imagine. But again, this is quite an obvious point that has been covered in many other threads before and a waste of forum space to repeat it.

In conclusion I dare you to provide a thorough typing evaluation for any other poster here and I'll come and read it and see what "subliminal messages" I can pick from your deductions

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that you're making some extremely obvious points seems to indicate that you are not quite understanding the nature of this forum.

This is an internet forum for typology and psychology enthusiasts majority of whom do no have a PhD in psych and 20+ years of practice but may be a semester or two of psych coursework under their belts just like you have. Every typing thread is a collection of personal assumptions and interpretations and basically leaps of imagination made by a group of strangers who have never met the person they are tying. Information is very limited and consists of only what the poster has volunteered to describe of themselves. Possible biases are huge and your guess on whether clinical depression and social anxiety were adaptive or not is as good as anyone else's guess. Posters essentially come here and make these guesses for fun, while it sounds like you're taking this all a bit to rigidly and seriously.
    What you don't seem to get is that this is a personality theory forum, not an abnormal psychology forum. As such, assumptions and claims based on a user's mental health status is little more than showing one's ignorance and/or making a very personal attack on the user.

You asked a particular question of this user and then proceeded to claim that he was flip-flopping and negating that he'd said anything about it. My response points out to you that it is more likely your assumptions and interpretations regarding this mental health issue which is in error, not that he is flip flopping.

The posts I mentioned showed a great deal of assumptions and leaps in imagination on your part. Perhaps a little less leaping, assuming, and accusations and a little more attempting to actually understand the person you are claiming to be trying to type. You might then, actually offer a decent typing for them. Or, at the least, they might not dismiss anything further you have to say.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

What you don't seem to get is that this is a personality theory forum, not an abnormal psychology forum.
    There is no such thing as "abnormal psychology" as you can't divide human beings into "normal" and "abnormal". There is just one psychology and it is that of the human mind. Socionics is just one piece of the great puzzle that the human mind is. You are thinking about this way too rigidly.

You asked a particular question of this user and then proceeded to claim that he was flip-flopping and negating that he'd said anything about it. My response points out to you that it is more likely your assumptions and interpretations regarding this mental health issue which is in error, not that he is flip flopping.
    Both clinical depression and social anxiety are classed as disorders by the DSM. If the person claims to have such diagnosis, they are essentially claiming to have a disorder. I did not assume or interpret anything here, but instead I quoted Jinxi's own posts. In these posts he has claimed to have what is classed as a disorder by the American Psychiatric Association, and later he denied it. Whether he has a disorder or not wasn't even the main point of the discussion. Since you barged in at the very end with your judgements not knowing all of the circumstances, you have apparently missed that.

As such, assumptions and claims based on a user's mental health status is little more than showing one's ignorance and/or making a very personal attack on the user.
    The posts I mentioned showed a great deal of assumptions and leaps in imagination on your part. Perhaps a little less leaping, assuming, and accusations and a little more attempting to actually understand the person you are claiming to be trying to type. You might then, actually offer a decent typing for them. Or, at the least, they might not dismiss anything further you have to say.
    I would also advise you to try treating information that you read more objectively rather than emotionally. Perhaps then you will stop seeing "personality attacks" and "accusations" in place of simple discussion. Not to mention that these moral high-horse arguments that you're trying to wage here are completely unproductive to helping any poster find their type. Try being less judgmental and critical of other people's opinion, and more helpful and creative in contributing something of your own.

As far as judging my reasoning to be far-fetched, consider that may be it has actually hit the mark and you're the one whose thinking is too limited and narrow (as actually the very first sentence in your post hints at). There is no way to prove anything either way.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, there is such thing as "abnormal psychology". I took a class on it within the last couple of years.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no such thing as "abnormal psychology" as you can't divide human beings into "normal" and "abnormal". There is just one psychology and it is that of the human mind. Socionics is just one piece of the great puzzle that the human mind is. You are thinking about this way too rigidly.
    'Abnormal Psychology' is the field of psychology that deals with Disorders.
    Since you're accusing Jinxi of having a disorder, you're dealing in the realm of abnormal psychology. By claiming he has a disorder, you are claiming that his mind is not normal, and is therefore abnormal. You even offered perceived details to support your claim. Now you claim that there is no such thing as a field known as 'Abnormal Psychology', while at the same time making the accusation of a Disorder...which would be based off the field of 'Abnormal Psychology'.
    Yet HE is the one you accuse of flip-flopping regarding those issues?

---

When I first read that #101 post, I had made an assumption and perhaps a leap of imagination, based on your writing ability, that:
    * you were intelligent,
    * you sought to understand Jinxi enough to offer a legitimate type effort,
    * you had at least a little bit of psychology study under your belt to know a little of what you were referring to,
    * and you might be open to altering your perceptions of these issues if offered some info you may not have noticed or considered
    (after all, the HA of IEI is 'to understand').

The difference between us, siuntal, other than opposing quadra values, isn't that I'm narrow, limited, nor rigid, but that I appear to be the only one of us that is at least willing to admit that my "assumptions and leap of imaginations" may have been erred.

In this light, I see little reason for you and I to further communicate on this matter.
    Bye
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    Actually, there is such thing as "abnormal psychology". I took a class on it within the last couple of years.
    Those definitions exist for the sake of structuring the information, it is man-invented criteria, but in reality you cannot judge what really constitutes a normal way of thinking.

'Abnormal Psychology' is the field of psychology that deals with Disorders.
    Since you're accusing Jinxi of having a disorder
    I have never accused him of having a disorder. He claimed he had clinical depression and social anxiety both of which are classed as disorders by the American Psychiatric Association. That's not my invention or accusation, that is how the DMS classes it. And you missed the main point once again that this discussion wasn't about disorders, presence of lack of thereof.

* and you might be open to altering your perceptions of these issues if offered some info you may not have noticed or considered
    The difference between us, siuntal, other than opposing quadra values, isn't that I'm narrow, limited, nor rigid, but that I appear to be the only one of us that is at least willing to admit that my "assumptions and leap of imaginations" may have been erred.
    I'm completely open to other interpretations but you haven't presented any. You have not advanced any ideas of your own. You have not continued the discussion or contributed to it in any meaningful way. You have not presented any evidence that might lead to determining Jinxi's type. All you contributed were you value judgements that my thinking seems "far-fetched" to you, that I am apparently not understanding enough and my analysis looks like "accusations" and "personality attacks" to you. I've invited you to contribute something more useful to this thread than that, but apparently you're not interested, so goodbye.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's over.
    Last edited by Jinxi; 02-28-2012 at 01:04 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's over.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxi View Post
    Anndelise, please make your presence felt in this thread.
    I only said something in response to the question that was asked of you in post 121 and 124. I was told that I was stating the obvious. (Which makes me wonder why the questions were asked of you in the first place, then.)

But the questioner seemed more interested in making assumptions, leaps of imaginations, and flip-flopping. So I felt that there was no sense in further communication attempts.

As for typing you, I've already told you that
    a) I don't tend to type people unless I've gotten a chance to really get to know them
    b) I already shared with you my very limited impression of you. I honestly don't see Beta in our interactions. Nor have I seen Beta Ni in you. But the fact that I haven't seen it doesn't necessarily mean it's not there. So as I said before in chat...I don't really have anything to offer you regarding your typing.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post
    Are we there yet?
    Don't make me turn this car around.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...Noooooo

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

lmao.

jinxi: what would you need before you settled on a type? what are you expecting?

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's over.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're ego trippin
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's over.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's over.

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Seems IP.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YES. I finally figured out who you reminded me of. John Cusack.

(i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's over.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two gents? That's 4 pics of one person, just like different angles or something.
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's over.

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

lol

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whoa you started a "final type poll" after being here less than a month? i assure you dude, you will have many more finalizing type threads in the future, so settle down and don't get too obsessed just yet. you have a bright future ahead of you
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huh. You clean up surprisingly well. You're actually kind of cute.

I'm still not sure if you're IEI or not. IXI is more than likely certain, but I'm not sure if your harshness is more a preference for "blunt" "factual" Te communication or merely an external Fe expression of internal strife.

But IXI is my official vote for now.
    4w5 sp/sx

Please, direct all questioning of my self-typing to this thread. Thank you.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's over.
    Last edited by Jinxi; 02-28-2012 at 01:05 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's over.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool. I live at 2305A rue Andre, Brossard, Quebec. J4Z 3A1.
    Google maps says we live 19 minutes from each other.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's over.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol. Cool. Let's hang out.
    No.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by detail View Post
    Lol. Cool. Let's hang out.
    No.
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's over.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's an awesome stair case.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234