Hybrid View

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post
    Undoubtedly we're all familiar with the disparity between food prepared for professionally photographed advertisements and how it's actually plated.

I've certainly never seen a gyro so orderly, nor one so cautiously en-sauced.
    Well first of, the one on the picture is rather badly prepared. Second, it doesn't make sense to advertise it in worst light than it's usually served. Third, Shawarma isn't exactly a Greek food.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    Well first of, the one on the picture is rather badly prepared. Second, it doesn't make sense to advertise it in worst light than it's usually served. Third, Shawarma isn't exactly a Greek food.
    After posting I scrolled back up to read jessica's commentary on the original photo and saw that I assumed it was a pro shot, so #1 and 2 are in the air until she chimes in again. As for #3, I never made that claim (and the basis for your objection is rather well known anyhow) but in the US and around the Mediterranean/Adriatic/Aegean I've encountered this type of sandwich labeled almost exclusively as a gyro. And that's been the case whether they've been sold by Arabs, Berbers, honkies, or Jews. Turkey may have been the exception but I don't recall seeing or eating one there.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My boyfriend:

Me:

Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-06-2011 at 05:18 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm thinking this thread has encouraged ppl to cook their meals.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html