Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratsghost View Post
    It's not an assumption, it's an assertion. Shunning is society rejecting something. If something is rejected it's because it's non functional.
    Let's say you're working an assembly line. What kind of parts do you discard? The defective ones. The non-functional ones. Being a social reject means being socially dysfunctional. Function and society are closely related.

At this point.. I've explained myself. I am right. You will either get it or not, but I'm done playing this game. Goodbye
    No you haven't. And this isn't just a game. I was actually enjoying the discussion. Why are you taking this personally?

Ah, but what if that part could be used in another fashion if the company was willing to invest a little money in determining how to use that discarded part? It might provide better income, it might not. That part might end up being more useful in another machine. You don't know until you try. But if you just immediately throw away because of a strict narrow-minded code when the item could be useful if given a little consideration, you are making a mistake.

It's pretty clear rat that you value whatever reasoning suits your functioning. That doesn't make you right though. In fact, I think people like you are particularly harmful for humanity. You will cause conflict because you don't have the patience to question or limit your aggressive nature. Am I right? No. But that's what I see as well. Interesting how we come from too opposing fields. May you then fail and I succeed.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 'company' is wrong, the administrator of this assembly-line is an incompetent if he's rejecting parts. They are always of some use. What if the error is of the company itself, and not in the so-called defective part?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post
    No you haven't. And this isn't just a game. I was actually enjoying the discussion. Why are you taking this personally?
    Because once I see a person missing what I'm trying to say, and I have to reexplain myself, I start to get exhausted and then I inevitably start cursing at the person. And then I get people calling me a troll and eventually I end up banned, which has happened 4 or so times before and has been brewing again as of late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Air View Post
    The 'company' is wrong, the administrator of this assembly-line is an incompetent if he's rejecting parts. They are always of some use. What if the error is of the company itself, and not in the so-called defective part?
    Always of some use.. Yes, maybe so. The parts are still rejected, but not to the trash can. Instead we throw them in the recycling bin. Ok, so let's put our schizos to work making license plates. Was that y our point? I can agree.. It's' not really the heart of the matter, but yeah, I'll give you that. The rejection is still there it's just softer.
    If the company was in error wasting parts needlessly, some other company would outdo it and eventually the company may get bought out by this larger company, if the error is great enough.

Ah, but what if that part could be used in another fashion if the company was willing to invest a little money in determining how to use that discarded part? It might provide better income, it might not. That part might end up being more useful in another machine. You don't know until you try. But if you just immediately throw away because of a strict narrow-minded code when the item could be useful if given a little consideration, you are making a mistake.
    I'll say the same thing to you I said to Aiss. So we get the schizos to work on license plates. Maybe that's what we should be doing with them. That would be society evolving. Society is always evolving. I'm not telling you not to question norms. I'm just telling you not to throw ALL norms away. The position you take is just too polarized. The norms of society are always evolving. We should always be questioning our norms, trying to make them better. What is it we're reaching for? The objective realization of our evolutionary potential.

Interesting how we come from too opposing fields. May you then fail and I succeed.
    It's hard to believe you're ESFp.
    Last edited by crazedrat; 03-29-2011 at 02:29 AM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dude, wtf are you high on?

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratsghost View Post
    Because once I see a person missing what I'm trying to say, and I have to reexplain myself,...
    That's how debate works though. If we both understand each other we wouldn't see the need.

I'll say the same thing to you I said to Aiss. So we get the schizos to work on license plates. Maybe that's what we should be doing with them. That would be society evolving. Society is always evolving. I'm not telling you not to question norms. I'm just telling you not to throw ALL norms away. The position you take is just too polarized. The norms of society are always evolving. We should always be questioning our norms, trying to make them better. What is it we're reaching for?
    Then we agree.

The objective realization of our evolutionary potential.
    Except this. It's good to seek what we consider improvement because that at least gives us meaning. But as long as we each have individual consciousness, there will always be the potential for conflict and clashing ethics. To achieve what you seek is to make everything one entity, otherwise we can never be certain we have truly reached such without being able to look into the future. But by looking into the future, we are granted the potential to change it, meaning we can't truly know the future, and are back to fortune telling and acceptance of our nondeterministic nature of existence.

Do you want to be a borg? Consider the borg as the best manifestation of laws and ethics because they take the whole of every part and consider it in a grand scheme of the whole (still subjective though versus another entity). Is that what you want? Is that what humanity wants? Maybe it is. Maybe that's all we really want is to be become one. I don't know. I'm just not sure you appreciate this fundamental problem.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never said we could achieve it, I said we're always searching for it. You act like objectivity is oneness. It isn't. Objectivity is what is real, and there are a practically unlimited amount of real scenarios. The way you realize what's objective is through liberating yourself from your isolated subjective perspective. Universalizing your perspective.