Quote Originally Posted by Director Trevor View Post
Wait a sec, divided...you made post that long just to inform us that it all sucks? why do you want to ruin it all for us? Why can't you let us enjoy our ignorance? y'know what, divided? Fuck you Divided; that's what.
If that's what you think, then you didn't understand what I wrote.

Wait a sec, divided...you made post that long just to inform us that it all sucks?
No, just explain how everything is relative, and why that sucks for those that wish to find an all-encompassing meaning for anything or everything. You create meaning in reality, as much as reality directs that meaning.

Socionics attempts to create an all-encompassing meaning by asserting that others assume the relationship predictions, based on whatever type they are decided or convinced on, in considering the future, but it has to convince others that it's true, just as a fortune teller has to do.

I don't think Socionics is all that bad. It can explain things just as any science can, but it asserts the explicit idea that people have a certain type that shouldn't change and it can be used to know how the future will play out given the typings of other people. Unless the Socionics community is only interested in convincing people that this is true by saying that the future can be accurately predicted with nondeterministic entities, rather than give some theoretical tools for understanding the past, or why things don't work out with people, then this whole fortune-teller thing should be done away with. In this regard, if people want Socionics to be taken seriously, it would be best to leave the typing of individuals as only relative to the past, and not about what is happening now.

There's a lot of potential in this, but I doubt anything will change. People like fortune-telling, it's seductive to think someone can tell you the future of your relationships. I even wanted to think it could be true, but Socionics doesn't have enough variability or depth to attempt to claim such.

why do you want to ruin it all for us? Why can't you let us enjoy our ignorance?
Isn't it a good thing if people know why they are making poor choices? What do you think learning is? You don't want to learn?

y'know what, divided? Fuck you Divided; that's what.