Thread: Yet another attempt

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Yet another attempt...

This is me... sigh. Better do this now...

One interesting complication... even though I'm physically male, I like to be called "she." The reason for that is... umm, well, basically, because I want to be a girl, and I'm probably going to go through a process at some point that will allow me to do that. For more information, read here.

I wasn't planning on sharing this... but there are two main reasons I've decided to do so:

1. I really want to figure out my type, and I've tried everything else.

2. Some people were apparently only talking to me because they thought I was a girl physically, and I feel bad about it. They should know to go ahead and ignore me if that's what they're looking for.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sensed you were female but I certainly wasn't only talking to you for that reason or were you assuming guys were talking to you for that reason?

Anyway, off to see the video now.

Is this why your dad is so awful to you? Are there resources in your area for the LGBT community that could help? It does not sound like a healthy environment for you at all.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    I sensed you were female but I certainly wasn't only talking to you for that reason or were you assuming guys were talking to you for that reason?
    It's mostly the guys... one of them told me as much.

Is this why your dad is so awful to you? Are there resources in your area for the LGBT community that could help? It does not sound like a healthy environment for you at all.
    No, he doesn't know about that... he just dislikes my personality.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, you're ISFj.

How do you feel about that?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxi View Post
    Hi, you're ISFj.

How do you feel about that?
    What makes you think ESI over EII?
    4w5 sp/sx

Please, direct all questioning of my self-typing to this thread. Thank you.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely Introvert. Ij>Ip.

EII still seems like a good possibility. You did say your were pretty certain about being NF before...

I have a brother whom you very much remind me of. I *think* he is INFj...

Good for you coming out of your shell to make and post this video Feels kinda good? I hope...
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mirrorsoul View Post
    It's mostly the guys...
    Ahem... Anyway, welcome

Creepy-Snaps

Haven't watched the whole video, but read through all the posts on this thread.

I just want to say: in general, when you're going through problems in life, it's tough to see and truly appreciate your strengths. And if you're not sure what your strengths are, it's tough to accurately pick your personality type.

I mention this because you don't seem confident about your sexuality. Which is a normal stage too, just saying. But you don't seem very confident about anything really.

I'd say stop trying to find your type right now, and try finding yourself.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Mirrorsoul,

How would you explain the role and purpose of marriage, in your own words?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    Haven't watched the whole video, but read through all the posts on this thread.

I just want to say: in general, when you're going through problems in life, it's tough to see and truly appreciate your strengths. And if you're not sure what your strengths are, it's tough to accurately pick your personality type.

I mention this because you don't seem confident about your sexuality. Which is a normal stage too, just saying. But you don't seem very confident about anything really.

I'd say stop trying to find your type right now, and try finding yourself.
    The thing is, for me... I've been looking for myself for a long time, and I don't have the first clue how to go about it. Personality type is what I've been drawn to, because it seems to offer the promise of helping me find myself.

I've been drawn to everything... astrology, typology, philosophy, religion... anything that could give me a clue as to who and what I am. But I don't know what to believe in.

I don't even understand what it means to find yourself... I mean, on a physical level, I already know what I am. I'm a collection of cells that began as a result of intercourse by my mother and father, and which slowly divided into specialized cells. I'm essentially a complex life process that takes in food and oxygen, and excretes waste products... just like everyone else. I am an animal that questions its own existence, and fears death. A being that, quite possibly, seeks order in what is actually meaningless chaos.

On a social level, I also know what I am. I'm Caucasian, a high school graduate, a person 3-4 years out of school who has no work experience, a citizen of the United States, a resident of Dallas, a member of my family, a dependent who lives with their parents, and a geek who is fascinated by computers and video games.

Even on a philosophical level, I know what I am. I'm a Humanist, a Utilitarian, an Agnostic, and probably more.

Now I feel like I'm on the final level... I need to find what I am on a level that only systems like Astrology and Religion (which I don't believe in), or Typology can help. Now do you understand why I want to find my type? Because... this is the only way I know of, to find who I am. I can't even conceive of an alternative.

It's either this, or I merely accept that I am not an individual in any meaningful way, cannot be defined, and move on with my life having given up on trying to describe my own nature. But if I do that... I would feel that I've lost an important part of myself.

Does that make sense?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're a fucked up ENFp

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i'm being redundant now, but i still think EII.

..so give me your wallet and.. eSDe's Avatar
    TIM
    LIE, 6w5, soc/sp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Voice off - i don't have speakers here.

Strong Ethics. Temperament Ep/Ip.
    I'm don't sure, but I think IEI.
    Themes: Satisfied the work process.
    Main goal: Achieving the required result.
    Methods: Any, effective.

Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously ESTj
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*