Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yet another attempt

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    Everything. Most if not all psychological problems are structurally built into the society in which you live.
    I don't see how that could be the case.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You believe everyone is just born with psychological issues or that they sprout from genes? Genes only account for susceptibility to certain harmful environmental signals but for a problem to begin the environment must have acted in a negative way on the mind. Most/all of your problems can be linked back to abuse (physical/cultural/mental/emotional) in your past, and most abuse is a result of negative events in the aggressors past (Vicious cycle). I say it's structurally built into society because it all roots to the greater problem of social stratification/classism/inequality/etc.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right now I'm thinking EII> LII> SEI.
    IEI .. probably not
    you definitely seem Se PoLR, not Se seeking. And you have that nice-ness that I see in many EIIs.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously ESTj
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even if a disorder stems from your social upbringing or circumstances, it still exists. But I think it's a stretch to say most stem from american society. Aspergers is a physical brain anomaly, and he has many of the symptoms. Yeah overdiagnosis is a problem but not always, not here I think.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    I've moved off EII after the "forum rules" or whatever thread, and I'm moved onto LII for mirrorsoul.
    Don't forget that that thread was started by a Ti type and if she does agree with rules than she's being activated/suggested by that function, making her SEI; it's a type that is more likely for her than LII. So far she's been able to dodge Se related questions, even answering them with finesse, unlike LII who would be easily withdrawn by that PoLR's reaction.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mirrorsoul View Post
    I'm a Utilitarian, because I feel that the good of the majority is more important that that of a minority,
    Some of the things you wrote about here, like above, and the posts I read of yours in the site discussion area, as well as the "cutting thread", lead me to thinking you're more likely Ti/Fe valuing, LII, IEI or EIE would be my guess
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh... if you wanted to cheer me up, mentioning Divided wasn't the way to do it. Here's why:

If you think he's wise... that's kind of unnerving. I'm sure he wouldn't like you using his words in my favor.
    Fuck...you made a lot of judgmental posts and kept it up despite all reason against your judgments and I thought you deserved a taste of their own medicine so you would understand what you were doing and why it was shallow. BUT I REGRET IT. It was probably not the best way to go about it. Okay? And to be honest, nothing against ESC, but it makes me nervous if someone thinks I'm wise, then I don't know when I'm deluding myself because no one will question me (I don't care about being right, I just don't want to repeatedly make a mistake in some way), so it probably bothered me more than it bothered you.

So...anyway...yeah...if you have aspergers that would probably explain the shallow judgmental stuff...great well SORRY THEN.

And sorry for not staying on topic, but I don't type anymore. It makes no sense to me.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

American society? What about it might fool me?
    There's a strong tendency to over-diagnose everything, so if one were to follow other people's advice in terms of psychological issues, he would probably be considered ADHD aspergers transgender sociopathic just because he was blinking an eye.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ There is evidence though that GID and aspergers are somewhat related. By this alone it's probably worth getting a profession opinion if he thinks it matters to him. And it's common for autistics to have trouble with their gender identity. I don't think anyone is telling him what he is rather than trying to explain what they are seeing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post
    Fuck...you made a lot of judgmental posts and kept it up despite all reason against your judgments and I thought you deserved a taste of their own medicine so you would understand what you were doing and why it was shallow. BUT I REGRET IT. It was probably not the best way to go about it. Okay? And to be honest, nothing against ESC, but it makes me nervous if someone thinks I'm wise, then I don't know when I'm deluding myself because no one will question me (I don't care about being right, I just don't want to repeatedly make a mistake in some way), so it probably bothered me more than it bothered you.

So...anyway...yeah...if you have aspergers that would probably explain the shallow judgmental stuff...great well SORRY THEN.

And sorry for not staying on topic, but I don't type anymore. It makes no sense to me.
    Well, I'm sorry too. I didn't realize I was angering anyone. But I had no idea why you posted that... I thought you really just hated me and wanted to kill me for no reason. I was totally confused.

And to be honest with you... I agreed with a lot of the stuff you said in that "Human Condition" thread, and I was going to comment on it to that effect... until you said that to me, and then I didn't know whether it would be a good idea to say anything or not.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    There's a strong tendency to over-diagnose everything, so if one were to follow other people's advice in terms of psychological issues, he would probably be considered ADHD aspergers transgender sociopathic just because he was blinking an eye.
    My mother says that too, every time I ask her whether she thinks I have Asberger's. She doesn't think I have it...

She also took me out of the school system in Elementary School, because they wanted to diagnose me with ADD without hyperactivity just for having unusual perspectives and interpretations of things, and difficulty with math, despite being able to stay on topic and focus on my work. She didn't want me medicated for it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123