Thread: Intertype relations: Love or Friendship first?

Hybrid View

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    Okay, that means you don't know. Please base your claims on facts instead of just talking bs, thanks.
    I wonder why immigrants can't integrate into German society? Is it because they don't want to or is it because the people won't allow them to? Anyhow, Merkel is right: Multiculturalism has failed. Why? Because Germans have a superiority complex and not many homogenous populations can accept an influx of foreigners. Germans don't treat Turks the same way they treat their fellow Germans, do they? I've lived in Germany. In the west, people are much more tolerant - But, you'll never be treated equally. There is that resentment in the shade that you always see. How do you explain the rise of neo-nazism in East Germany and xenophobia in all of Europe? When have Europeans ever treated other races as equals? Every continent has been the European's battlefield.

I don't feel like delving further into this subject. The FACT is that you are deluding yourself. Thanks.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol @ jinxi

you really know nothing about germanic people. please google the term germanic peoples and learn something about them. then separate this concept from 'the germans'. many germans are NOT germanic but latin. if you see the leadership of the 3rd reich many, if not most, were latin with dark hair, less tall than the germanics, still, they held that the 'best' human was the germanic, and so this was their racial prejudice and concept.

neo-nazism on the rise? LOL... i wonder which planet you live in. nowadays everyone is totally open to our one-world one-big-family thing and this is good.

Finally, I´m a polite humanist. And so lol@you swearing at me with so much self-hatred projected onto me.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Air View Post
    lol @ jinxi

you really know nothing about germanic people. please google the term germanic peoples and learn something about them. then separate this concept from 'the germans'. many germans are NOT germanic but latin. if you see the leadership of the 3rd reich many, if not most, were latin with dark hair, less tall than the germanics, still, they held that the 'best' human was the germanic, and so this was their racial prejudice and concept.

neo-nazism on the rise? LOL... i wonder which planet you live in. nowadays everyone is totally open to our one-world one-big-family thing and this is good.

Finally, I´m a polite humanist. And so lol@you swearing at me with so much self-hatred projected onto me.
    Germans = Celts/Saxons, people who have lived in the historical regions of Northern Europe, England and Scandinavia. You stupid? Everyone knows that.

****** was not latin. He had blue eyes, brown hair, pale skin and he was South German - Brown eyes are actually quite common in Southern Germany - Goebbels had brown eyes. What the fuck are you talking about? Heydrich was your typical North German. Goering was short but he had all the other physical features. Himmler was Bavarian.

Neo-nazism is definitely on the rise in Europe. Racist attacks are up in xenophobic Eastern Europe and even the moderate French/English are quite frustrated with immigrants.

"nowadays everyone is totally open to our one-world one-big-family thing and this is good." - Really?

You really think that? You're really, really dumb if you think that.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, I get to have the final say in this off-topic discussion, since it's MY thread; if y'all want to keep debating whether or not Air is a Nazi (and other such things unrelated to the OP), please start a new thread to do so.

I don't believe Air was making a racist statement...he meant to make me a compliment, he just said it in a weird way. And, what I found the most odd was simply the randomness of it, why he even said anything in this thread (of all places) to begin with?

Secondly, Air, if you really wanted to make me feel good about myself, you'd do better to compliment something about my character that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy, rather than my genetically-determined appearance, which I had no control over. So I'm white. A rather sickly-looking white, IMO, but, it's my skin and the only skin I'll ever have. But why does that make me so "good"? It doesn't, of course.

But, thanks for trying...

/OT Discussion

Now, back to the point of the OP, please? Thanks.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    OT Discussion/
    yeah, how do you like that, huh?

READ THIS!
    I don't mind the occasional OT discussion within a thread-- it happens all the time, sometimes I even start it. But really, this has gone beyond off-topic and really needs its own thread (which it now has), so please continue there.
    My life's work (haha):

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    I don't mind the occasional OT discussion within a thread-- i
    Now do you mean to say that you don't mind the occasional on-topic discussion or the occasional off-topic discussion?

'cause with the way this board seems to work, I'm not really sure.
    4w5 sp/sx

Please, direct all questioning of my self-typing to this thread. Thank you.

Creepy-Snaps

As others have pointed out, physical attraction is a factor, as well as how well you naturally get along. Affecting both friendship and love.

But, I think, over the course of people's lives, it's very natural to go through several stages of wanting to love versus just wanting to be friends. Sometimes you get busy with work or a parent's death or various life issues that you have to deal with, when you just would rather have a friend there to support you, more than anything else. Other times you may want to make love as much as possible.

So pianosinger, with that said, I'm not sure if it's a static question, which intertype relationships tend to favor love versus friendship, but rather a dynamic one, bieng aware of how the balance towards one or the other changes through a lifetime as well. I'm curious to know too how that changes per intertype relationship and individuals throughout life. Maybe best not to worry about understanding the dynamic so much, but just live your life and be comfortable in whatever stage you're in.

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    As others have pointed out, physical attraction is a factor, as well as how well you naturally get along. Affecting both friendship and love.

But, I think, over the course of people's lives, it's very natural to go through several stages of wanting to love versus just wanting to be friends. Sometimes you get busy with work or a parent's death or various life issues that you have to deal with, when you just would rather have a friend there to support you, more than anything else. Other times you may want to make love as much as possible.

So pianosinger, with that said, I'm not sure if it's a static question, which intertype relationships tend to favor love versus friendship, but rather a dynamic one, bieng aware of how the balance towards one or the other changes through a lifetime as well. I'm curious to know too how that changes per intertype relationship and individuals throughout life. Maybe best not to worry about understanding the dynamic so much, but just live your life and be comfortable in whatever stage you're in.
    Yeah, I think you're right that priorities can change throughout a relationship. "For every thing there is a season..." There have been periods in my marriage where we have been more focused on romance, and other times when we have been more focused on friendship.That said, though, we started out more as friends when we were dating; the real romance didn't really spark so much until we'd already decided we were going to marry each other.
    My life's work (haha):

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    Yeah, I think you're right that priorities can change throughout a relationship. "For every thing there is a season..." There have been periods in my marriage where we have been more focused on romance, and other times when we have been more focused on friendship.That said, though, we started out more as friends when we were dating; the real romance didn't really spark so much until we'd already decided we were going to marry each other.
    I think this is better than starting with physical attraction towards each other first. So you'd be in a good relationship. I value loyalty and compromise a lot. And I think this has to do with delta.

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Sorry for going off topic, Pianosinger. I can ask the other mods if I can move the derailed discussion to a new thread if you would like.
    Well for that matter, I could ask them myself...You really don't have to do it for me. Anyway, it doesn't bother me as long as it ends now.

And, you weren't really that bad; anyway, you were just responding to Air's response to your response to his first post...ah, you get what I mean, right?

Why half a dozen additional people felt the need to jump in without even bothering to address the original topic...that's what I don't get. You, however, were really trying to contribute to the thread.
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxi View Post
    I wonder why immigrants can't integrate into German society? Is it because they don't want to or is it because the people won't allow them to? Anyhow, Merkel is right: Multiculturalism has failed. Why? Because Germans have a superiority complex and not many homogenous populations can accept an influx of foreigners. Germans don't treat Turks the same way they treat their fellow Germans, do they? I've lived in Germany. In the west, people are much more tolerant - But, you'll never be treated equally. There is that resentment in the shade that you always see. How do you explain the rise of neo-nazism in East Germany and xenophobia in all of Europe? When have Europeans ever treated other races as equals? Every continent has been the European's battlefield.
    And again: meaningless claims without any evidence. I don't know why you're so anti-european but you'll have your reasons. Yes, there are Neonazis in Germany, but also in Russia for example. I don't see how the situation of immigrants is different from any other country with a higher percentage of foreigners. Maybe this isn't the case in Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxi View Post
    I don't feel like delving further into this subject. The FACT is that you are deluding yourself. Thanks.
    Whatever.

@pianosinger: sorry for further derailment.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    And again: meaningless claims without any evidence. I don't know why you're so anti-european but you'll have your reasons. Yes, there are Neonazis in Germany, but also in Russia for example. I don't see how the situation of immigrants is different from any other country with a higher percentage of foreigners. Maybe this isn't the case in Canada?

Whatever.

@pianosinger: sorry for further derailment.
    I'm not Anti-European. I'm stating the truth. In countries with homogenous populations and a rich history, the people have a superiority complex. This is the case in Europe and good Asian example would be the Japanese. In Canada, it's easier to integrate and fit in - Everyone has an immigrant background.