View Poll Results: How Accurate is Socionics in Your Life?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Doesn't make any sense at all.

7 16.67%
  • Doesn't work on myself, but works on some people I know well.

2 4.76%
  • Doesn't work on myself, but works on people I know well.

3 7.14%
  • Doesn't work on myself, but works well on most people I meet (I don't have to know them that well).

1 2.38%
  • Works on myself, but only works on some people I know well.

6 14.29%
  • Works on myself and works on people I know well.

6 14.29%
  • Works on myself and works well on most people I meet (I don't have to know them that well).

9 21.43%
  • Makes sense of pretty much everything.

8 19.05%

Thread: How accurate do you feel is Socionics in your life?

Hybrid View

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    Confirmation bias definitely - Forer effect, no. Since socionics requires self-typing, and there are people who can say they are "definitely" LIE and people who say there are "definitely not", that directly contradicts the Forer effect.
    While I still think an individual can still fall victim to the Forer effect, when attempting to self type; I see where you're comming from. For the sake of avoiding derailing this thread into a argument of pure triviality, I will concede that small point for socionics as a whole concerning the said effect.

I see a new member come along with the same arguments. After a while it goes away when you've witnessed socionics work out nicely in reality
    Just beacuse once skeptical members become convinced, does not vailidify anything in regards to it's actual applicability. This is nothing but an appeal to popularity.
    Last edited by Bluenoir; 03-27-2011 at 01:34 PM. Reason: just noticed a grammatical mistake
    The mode of goodness conditions one to happiness, passion conditions him to the fruits of action, and ignorance to madness.

Chapter 14, Verse 9.
    The Bhagavad Gita