Thread: I'll know it when I see it

Hybrid View

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

polijumkmkjbn wtf you change types more than anyone.

Bolt: you may be on to something, your foreign language accent clouds my ability to understand

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    so he's open-minded and not a stereotype. don't hate.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i do this as well. i don't tend to be a step-by-step person in general.

i've noticed with computers that a lot of people have learned how to use them visually and kinesthetically (myself included) via learning by interacting with the computer or by trial-and-error. this builds in one's mind a picture of the sort of "mind" of the computer and an increasingly intuitive idea of how it works. the memory and knowledge of what to do next relies on visual cues that tie together the kinesthetic pieces (and steps are understood visually and intuitively and not really as "steps" anymore, as the understanding has sort of transcended thinking of it that way). because learning is based on interacting and visual cues and intuition, words in terms of what things are called and ways to verbally articulate step-by-step processes are de-emphasized by the mind (that sort of understanding is not needed to use the computer in the way the mind has learned... that would be more useful if one were intellectualizing the computer in a detached way where one doesn't really ever use it but has a great need to talk about it a lot). also regarding tasks on a computer there are often multiple ways to approach it or to accomplish something and so it ends up being more situational rather than there just being one way to do everything and so trying to verbalize step-by-step processes can be rather pointless and only useful if there is a particular process that one rarely uses and forgets all the time (as then it could be helpful to write it down so it doesn't have to be re-figured out over and over... of course chances are someone else has already done this first and it can be easily found via an internet search).

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    Heh, it does kinda piss me off when other people do it, but in a very insouciant way. Anyway, incase you're curious I was just reading the Filatova descriptions from her book and looking at her VI, and realized how much those fit me, the description for ILI also fits me but not the whole type feel. They go abouts defining for IEI and ILI each in their own way. I think that's a hint, if you can relate strongly to both descriptions and both -DS descriptions, then you should be one of those. Cuz I don't relate to any of the others, but I can pinpoint people I know who do.

Anyway, what's this thread about?