Hybrid View

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default I'll know it when I see it

Is there a type or socionic function that is most likely to use this phrase?

I know that's often the case with me. I'm not sure if its an LII thing or a holographic thinking style thing but I often times have trouble accurately explaining step by step to someone how to do something unless, I can physically do the thing in front of the person. If I physically do it, I can see the next step and point it out to them but if I don't have that visual cue, its like I can't verbally remember the next step.

Here's an example. I'm helping someone with some computer application and I know how to do it but I don't precisely remember the whole sequence of clicks to get it to do what I want it do. However, if I actually go into the program, visually there will be cues that will tell me where to click on next.

Anyone else think this way? Is it holographic thinking style? Or something else?
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i'm the same, i think this might be normal? like not being able to recall the digits of a telephone number until you move your thumb around and pretend you're dialing it.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know but I'm like that to. As is my sister - we were out once and she coudln't remember her PIN until she was pressing the numbers. Like her hands knew what to do. She's EII.

Not sure if it's type related or if people just establish habits for stuff.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not really a type thing as much as it is a muscle memory/unconscious competence thing. Essentially you just punch something in so many times that you don't even need to expend any conscious effort towards remembering it, you just type it in and go.
    4w5 sp/sx

Please, direct all questioning of my self-typing to this thread. Thank you.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm exactly the same way, what WL wrote, but not the other example, which isn't IMO the same thing (that sounds related to reflex or unconscious).

It sounds Irrational, Ne/Si-Base, more precisely.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    I'm exactly the same way, what WL wrote, but not the other example, which isn't IMO the same thing (that sounds related to reflex or unconscious).

It sounds Irrational, Ne/Si-Base, more precisely.
    i do the same thing WL wrote too, i was just trying to give another example cos i thought they were the same thing. like one is muscle memory and the other is eyesight memory? lol

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    I don't know but I'm like that to. As is my sister - we were out once and she coudln't remember her PIN until she was pressing the numbers. Like her hands knew what to do. She's EII.

Not sure if it's type related or if people just establish habits for stuff.
    I do that sometimes.

I used to call it photographic memory, but I don't think it is.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its state specific memory. Thats why if you study while drugged up on caffeine you will perform better if you take the test on caffeine.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm kind of notoriously good at describing step by step stuff if I've done it two or three times, but I use the title phrase a lot, it just tends to be where I don't know how to explain something I'm thinking but if someone else talked about it I could point to it and be like, "yeah, that's what it was."

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    Is there a type or socionic function that is most likely to use this phrase?
    You'll know it when you see it!

Hahahaha.