Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Egbert Human View Post
    Alpha Sensing: suppress pressures and demands to follow your own course of satisfaction and wellbeing?

Are these meant to be abstracted from valued/unvalued?
    Hmmm. I think I like it.

And yes, I started with the fact that both Alpha and Delta value -Ti and +Te, and wondered how to distinguish them, if both are valued. I reasoned that if Alpha has -Ti in the Ego and +Te in the Id, then it stands to reason that alpha would use +Te primarily in service of -Ti. I then combined that with some reflections on the nature of Te and Ti which were inspired by that thread a few weeks back discussing MegaDoomer's and my types, and proceeded from there.

So yeah, this is basically a rough draft that I'm looking for feedback on.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    I'm looking for feedback
    This IMHO worthwhile opinion was expressed in the "true socionicists only" chat on efnet.org:
    You have to enjoy the obvious bias here, that only Alpha gets "Seeking quality data (+Te) to produce a flawless logical structure (-Ti)"

whereas the others are just reversed pairs of each other more or less.
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol Freudian slip of "to eliminate logical error."
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    This IMHO worthwhile opinion was expressed in the "true socionicists only" chat on efnet.org:
    Haha, more like that was the first one I did, and I hadn't worked out a system of balancing the phrases yet. I wasn't really trying to balance them perfectly, it just ended up being easier to do that. You'll note that Beta/Gamma Ethics isn't perfectly symmetrical either.
    Quaero Veritas.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way it works is that the contrary functions anchor each other.

Gamma Te relies on alpha Ti for "theory" of transaction, a set of rules by which transactions are expected to take place. This enables for safe transactions. Likewise, for every causal effect, there is a transaction underneath. Basic chemistry: demonstrating the transaction explains the effect. In the case of a hypothesized effect, demonstrating the math may be enough to persuade of the effect's existence -- this is the mathematical basis of science.

As Augusta famously proclaimed "theory indicates Reinin".

Interesting note: people can't really have confidence in these relationships before attaining "self-identity" in young adulthood, the first level of individuation. Afterward, the reconciliation between ego and id allows that the id block be moved into place behind ego block, hence Model B. See that's the thing: before you achieve the reconciliation, you can't really understand higher level concepts. You can have them explained to you, and they will seem "amazing", but you won't be able to believe in them of your own accord -- and improve upon them confidently -- UNTIL you bridge the divide between ego and id.

Politics comes into play in that you have difficulty justifying the entire relationship when dealing with relations between superego and superid functions. You won't be able to believe in it, unless someone shows you how. This is a big factor in function "weakness", because you are left with that feeling that you lack confidence... you can't see all of what your superego block and superid block partners can, and thus they surprise you with what they say and do (and succeed where you can't!)

One thing you've done very well Krig, is illustrate the motivations and intentions which underlie the anchoring system. That's a worthwhile accomplishment, in my view (though it seems you have more work ahead).

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    Well actually i felt the same way about the Delta thinking statement above. I think it rang true for me as well as the other deltas i know irl, and i'm proud of my quadra for it. There is nothing more rewarding and meaningful to me than producing quality results and seeing others produce quality results, especially when it comes to serving people.

Delta Logic: Eliminating logical error (-Ti) to produce quality results (+Te).
    I dont see anything special about the alpha statement as being unusually flattering. so, I think you feel it's biased in a good way, because YOU are alpha and those things are important to you and make you feel proud, much like the delta statement does to me.

I like your list Krig! The only place where either i'm not understanding it, or it falls apart sorta, is the sensing section. I didn't relate as much.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    The only place where either i'm not understanding it, or it falls apart sorta, is the sensing section. I didn't relate as much.
    Me either. I wonder if that was mostly intended for Delta STs. Ironically, you'd have to pay me to be more financially ambitious.