Thread: Weird Thread - Straight ENFP Males - Answer questions!

Hybrid View

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calling it "feminine" or "effeminate" behavior already implies something not normal in a guy if he acts that way, and creates the taboo aspect of it... I have a straight IEE friend who acts in a way that other people might consider "effeminate," but it's just his form of confident self-expression.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I notice some IEE males can seem more feminine, but not always. Sometimes they actually come across kinda like ISTps.

My ISTp female friend is a bit more serious and masculine I guess you could say, but these are really just stereotypes.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    I notice some IEE males can seem more feminine, but not always. Sometimes they actually come across kinda like ISTps.
    You know, I actually try to act like an ISTp in new situations or as a way for me to deal with stress or figure stuff out. But I'm much too clumsy to pull it off very well or for too long and tend to want to smile and laugh. I think sometimes this can seem insensitive if I laugh at something bothering someone when I'm just enjoying being able to share an understanding of something seemingly stupid or unpleasant.

Come to think of it, I have a tendency to instinctively smile around people I like. This is what SLIs find reassuring, isn't it? At least that's what it seems like.

So an SLI reassuring an IEE would be the following?

IEE: Omg, so blah blah and blah blah...THIS DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!
    SLI: (I thought)/(Doesn't) it just meant that blah blah.
    IEE: Oh yeah(!) or you're right(!) *relaxes*

??
    That would make a lot of sense.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could never have been with very masculine men. It's such a turn off. Probably because I feel just as manly on the inside.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I could never have been with very masculine men. It's such a turn off. Probably because I feel just as manly on the inside.
    This seems to be a pattern with ST women, lol.

Along a similar vein, I could't imagine being with someone who's as neurotic and emotional as I am. I get enough of that from myself as it is, even though I wouldn't consider myself to be too overtly feminine. I find that Fi men tend to not be that feminine, they tend to be more centered than not in terms of gender balance (in my experience). The only real 'girly' thing about male ENFps that I've seen consistently is how understanding they are of their own emotions and, generally, the emotions of others.