Thread: The 16 Purposes

Hybrid View

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post

I believe the creating EM function determines one's vision of a perfect world, a place saturated in positive observations by it.

So framing your vision of a better world -- the starting point for it -- in terms of a quadra function is one way to diagnose your EM type.
    I'm not sure if this is definitive. Aren't types settled on fulfillment of their Hidden Agenda to be the start of an actualized life? It seems like everyone's EM type then would be the HA, DS or Base.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    I'm not sure if this is definitive. Aren't types settled on fulfillment of their Hidden Agenda to be the start of an actualized life? It seems like everyone's EM type then would be the HA, DS or Base.
    The hidden agenda is a goal, but it is not in itself a problem. The dearth of negative creating EM content is a primary issue in one's life, particularly because one uses the road to improving its state as a framework by which to assess the proper state of the EM base. In my case, that means that a truly ethical settlement is that which is most effectively sympathetic to all involved parties. This is why people must be viewed deeply, and the effects of punishments against them carefully measured. As a person who is willing to define my own ethical code,I need as much sympathy as possible to the extent that it is not in agreement with others' codes as such. So it is in my interest be as sympathetic to others as possible, vis a vis the Golden Rule. The more I exalt and practice the Golden Rule, the more I can rely upon it.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    So... what is the world lacking in your eyes? What is the base which must be changed before all else can be fixed?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So... what is the world lacking in your eyes? What is the base which must be changed before all else can be fixed?
    If I may answer, I'd say that I feel that life lacks any real sense of purpose. It seems as though the only goal one can follow is obtain a station of some stability, enjoy whatever comforts one can in order to stay happy, and then die as gracefully and serenely as possible. Life is short and finite and whatever struggle one gives to improve one's rapidly depleting span will be rendered ultimately meaningless by one's death.

I mean, going to college, studying your ass off for years to get a degree, getting fitted for a nice suit you only wear to interviews, boning up your resume, competing with hundreds to find a decent job, balancing your budget, living within your means, going through a bunch of bad relationships, settling for one you can live with, raising a couple kids, feeling our body start to deteroriate, looking with nostalgia on things that used to give you pleasure...

...that seems like a hell of a lot of wasted effort. One can invent one's own reasons for wanting to stay alive beyond mere base survival instinct, but ultimately what I feel this world is missing is a grand, broad, reason to care. A reason so all-encompassing and so identifiable that no one would ever have to come up with a reason to keep living, it would just be taken for granted.
    4w5 sp/sx

Please, direct all questioning of my self-typing to this thread. Thank you.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The main problem I see in the world itself is that people dont think about what they're doing. Seems to fit with my EM

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The hidden agenda is a goal, but it is not in itself a problem. The dearth of negative creating EM content is a primary issue in one's life, particularly because one uses the road to improving its state as a framework by which to assess the proper state of the EM base. In my case, that means that a truly ethical settlement is that which is most effectively sympathetic to all involved parties. This is why people must be viewed deeply, and the effects of punishments against them carefully measured. As a person who is willing to define my own ethical code,I need as much sympathy as possible to the extent that it is not in agreement with others' codes as such. So it is in my interest be as sympathetic to others as possible, vis a vis the Golden Rule. The more I exalt and practice the Golden Rule, the more I can rely upon it.
    Sounds like alchemy.

So... what is the world lacking in your eyes?
    Warmth?

What is the base which must be changed before all else can be fixed?
    The whole world, huh?

Hard to say.

I guess people need to seriously give up their comfortable lifestyles so we can make some change in the world. ?
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I did it right.
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds like Te Si

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Biggest problem I see: wasted human potential. People living like lemmings, inculcated into a deadening system from early childhood onward. Not using their creativity, not realizing their mental capacities, not believing they can do new things.

Does that fit with my supposed ENTp EM, tcaud?
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”