Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: falling in love with a dual

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    I've heard many types of people make these sort of decisions but there are the usually problems depending on how good the relationships are.

I've also seen these sort of relationships break up really fast with other people once they found "the one".

I think it has to do with evaluatory and situational Fi functions, I've never been able to like anyone or even get close to liking someone over a long period of time and I've tried. Of all the people that I still like, I like them only as much as I liked them the first day I met them and usually less although a few people it has remained constant.

Luckily your dual is just like you in this particular respect which is probably a good thing.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Luckily your dual is just like you in this particular respect which is probably a good thing.
    Oh, well, he's not my Dual. He's my Illusionary. Pretty close, though. Especially considering he was raised by my Dual, which gives him (I think) more SLI-like qualities than probably your typical ILI.

I've also seen these sort of relationships break up really fast with other people once they found "the one".
    Ah, but that can only happen if I am still seeking for "the one." I am not; and anyway, my husband might not have been "the one" when I first met him (though he was one of many I could have ended up with), but he is "the one" for me now, because I made him "the one."

Of all the people that I still like, I like them only as much as I liked them the first day I met them and usually less although a few people it has remained constant.
    I did like my husband from the start; I was never not interested in him. He never really annoyed me, or "turned me off."
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, well, he's not my Dual. He's my Illusionary. Pretty close, though. Especially considering he was raised by my Dual, which gives him (I think) more SLI-like qualities than probably your typical ILI.

Ah, but that can only happen if I am still seeking for "the one." I am not; and anyway, my husband might not have been "the one" when I first met him (though he was one of many I could have ended up with), but he is "the one" for me now, because I made him "the one."

I did like my husband from the start; I was never not interested in him. He never really annoyed me, or "turned me off."
    I think first impressions are pretty accurate. For instance, with another SLE I know, I used to think he was very businesslike and serious. That was my first impression of him. It was accurate in a limited way. There was more to him than that, but he certainly did have that side to him. First impressions are interesting.

Sometimes when you're not looking for "the one", he just shows up. But anyway, I don't believe that there's only one person for anyone else. I think there are lots of people any one individual could be happy with.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    But anyway, I don't believe that there's only one person for anyone else. I think there are lots of people any one individual could be happy with.
    This.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think the illusion relation is a easy one to start, and they share the same evaluatory/situational Fi function that one would have, as well as many internal and external qualities. I'm not sure if it's necessary to be seeking "the one" but people do have these feelings that they've met someone irreplaceable. Sometimes you meet the wrong person at the wrong time at the wrong place. Or right if things don't turn out completely horrible. Even if rationally I know this is not the case, there is no escaping feeling those emotions.

I think strong ethics type take for granted that robots like me don't really feel anything except rage, curiosity and a feeling that something does or does not compute most of the time. It's always a huge surprise to me when I really like someone or even just like someone a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I think first impressions are pretty accurate. For instance, with another SLE I know, I used to think he was very businesslike and serious. That was my first impression of him. It was accurate in a limited way. There was more to him than that, but he certainly did have that side to him. First impressions are interesting.

Sometimes when you're not looking for "the one", he just shows up. But anyway, I don't believe that there's only one person for anyone else. I think there are lots of people any one individual could be happy with.
    First impressions in many settings tell a lot about how a person projects themselves externally and if one happens to value this sort of information, then it's a good way to analyze someone. There are other qualities that takes more time to expose, but after sometimes, it's possible to make a good guess on many of those as well.
    Last edited by mu4; 03-08-2011 at 10:28 PM.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    I like those. I hadn't heard the Spanish one before.

Here's something C. S. Lewis wrote:
    “To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket- safe, dark, motionless, airless--it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. The alternative to tragedy, or at least to the risk of tragedy, is damnation. The only place outside Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from all the dangers and perturbations of love is Hell."
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    a good philosophy:

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

I'll add more on this tomorrow; until then, cheer up redbaron
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    It's wierd, the first one is...

If you don't love, you're going to hell.

The 2nd one is.

You're in hell, it doesn't matter, make sure you love worthwhile people.

I definitely agree with the 2nd one and not the first one, because most people aren't worth it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 2nd one is.

I definitely agree with the 2nd one and not the first one, because most people aren't worth it.
    this made me laugh.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 2nd one is.

Nah. Both of them are saying "Love causes pain". Lewis is saying, "Love causes pain, but avoiding love is much worse." Marley is saying "Love causes pain, so love someone who is worth the pain." Both of them are encouraging people not to give up on love just because it's painful.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    Nah. Both of them are saying "Love causes pain". Lewis is saying, "Love causes pain, but avoiding love is much worse." Marley is saying "Love causes pain, so love someone who is worth the pain." Both of them are encouraging people not to give up on love just because it's painful.
    People will hurt you <> Not loving causes damnation

And he specifically says "damnation", which is a different kind of pain.

I think there are far more painful things then not loving; like, not being loved, sexual slavery, the Spanish Inquisition and their gentle techniques in torture. You know the nasty stuff.

Love isn't really all that painful, but people can be, and love usually requires other people when conducted in a standard operating environment.

Love is more like a drug then anything, it has side effects. There is probably a disclaimer on the bottle which says,
    Warning: May cause heart palpitations, dizziness, nausea, rugrats, death. Will absolutely cause stupidity. If you start displaying some of these symptoms, there's absolutely nothing we can do for you. You're buggered.
    Last edited by mu4; 03-10-2011 at 04:10 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123