Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for an ENFj female

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    That doesn't seem to be something that I can change, no matter how much I try. It's a weird form of perfectionism, and even attempts to eliminate it are a manifestation of it. It's far easier and more realistic to find someone who accepts me to a degree that I don't feel the need to do that. I have that with some of my friends, where they can say anything about anyone and it doesn't affect me at all because I know they love me regardless of any qualities I have or to what degree. With them, it doesn't even cross my mind to judge myself so harshly. Imposing yet another impossible standard upon myself (eliminating any self-judging) is most definitely NOT the answer. I need less standards to meet (and trying to rewrite my entire self and personality is definitley another standard) not more.
    +a billion. Yeah.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    How was that weird? Brooding over people who surpass you in various arenas is a waste of time. Just do what you can with what you've got.
    no comment...

Why would you be insecure about people being better than you at everything? What does that have to do with you? It's just meaningless data. Ignore it.
    "Just do it"

No comment...but a question...
    Why doesn't Squark tell people what to do?

(anyone else would like to receive orders?)
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-26-2011 at 03:43 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    life has a pretty wonderful way of putting in our paths people who may not have every one of those checklisted traits, but who make up for whatever could be missing by possessing other fine qualities we never even imagined or expected.
    I love this.

Oh, and dj, I don't think your wish list is, or should be, that difficult to fulfill. I bet you'll be surprised someday.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BUT WHERE IS SHE

And there's a new girl at work who likes me now. Some introvert, really nice body. Not interested in drama, so I'll ignore her.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Funny enough, EIE are a very rare type and it just so happens that they are all located in your office.

BUT WHERE IS SHE

And there's a new girl at work who likes me now. Some introvert, really nice body. Not interested in drama, so I'll ignore her.
    I'm sorry you're not attracted to me physically. But, at least you know your type now and can look for someone other than an EIE, or an SEE, or a Beta.

At least 6/10 in physical attractiveness.
    Socionically speaking, minimum attraction is all it takes, and I guess you're smart enough to get that.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-26-2011 at 06:42 AM.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    Fe dominant
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lay off, brothas
    Discojoe is the disco type.
    Last edited by lemon; 02-27-2011 at 03:23 AM.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    no comment...

"Just do it"

No comment...but a question...
    Why doesn't Squark tell people what to do?

(anyone else would like to receive orders?)

Actually Maritsa, I've given people that exact same advice before. I do think people should do what they can with what they have. That is absolutely true in general, and I also do not give a moment's thought to comparing myself to others IN GENERAL.

However, when it comes to relationships, the closer I am or want to be to someone the more it matters to me that it's ME they like, and that they are not comparing me to other people or liking only qualities that I have rather than me.

Dj's advice is exactly what I'd tell someone who was concerned about general comparisons. It just doesn't apply imo when you come to personal relationship matters. If it was something I could just forget or easily change about myself, I would have already done it. His solution won't work for me, but mine will (finding people who accept me.)

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Stop kidding yourself. I mean, you're dual is EIE. lol
    Touché indeed.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually Maritsa, I've given people that exact same advice before. I do think people should do what they can with what they have. That is absolutely true in general, and I also do not give a moment's thought to comparing myself to others IN GENERAL.

However, when it comes to relationships, the closer I am or want to be to someone the more it matters to me that it's ME they like, and that they are not comparing me to other people or liking only qualities that I have rather than me.

Dj's advice is exactly what I'd tell someone who was concerned about general comparisons. It just doesn't apply imo when you come to personal relationship matters. If it was something I could just forget or easily change about myself, I would have already done it. His solution won't work for me, but mine will (finding people who accept me.)
    If someone likes you in a mature, healthy way, then you don't even need to think about any of these things, because of course they like YOU for who YOU are.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Funny enough, EIE are a very rare type and it just so happens that they are all located in your office.

I'm sorry you're not attracted to me physically. But, at least you know your type now and can look for someone other than an EIE, or an SEE, or a Beta.

Socionically speaking, minimum attraction is all it takes, and I guess you're smart enough to get that.
    Oh shut up. Quit being ridiculous.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Except when you say it you suggest with the word "should"

"Should" is most commonly used to make recommendations or give advice. It can also be used to express obligation as well as expectation.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-26-2011 at 04:39 PM.
    -

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12