cock shit fuck dick ass penis cunt boobs

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dillon, you son of a bitch.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, swearing is usually an expression of emotion, as opposed to something to just blithely throw around. I do swear, somewhat profusely when frustrated (good thing my stuff is inanimate, or it'd have a complex). I'm not a delicate flower that wilts when I hear profanity, and I don't need to be treated as such. I'm not really comfortable with some of the stronger profanity, which I tend to see as unnecessarily crude; and I generally find those who use it, especially frequently, to be distasteful and worth avoiding. The worst word I use is "fuck". It's recently come out of my mouth more often than I would like; I view it more as a special-occasion sort of word (think "Precision F-strike" from TV Tropes).

Slightly related story: I recently shocked a co-worker by referring to a character as an insensitive bitch. At first, I thought the girl flipped out because of our "no-swearing policy"; turns out she just hadn't expected that term to come out of my mouth.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like cursing, even though I do it when I'm frustrated at something. It seems like a cheap way of expressing yourself and trying to be "cool."

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    I don't like cursing, even though I do it when I'm frustrated at something. It seems like a cheap way of expressing yourself and trying to be "cool."
    well put.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    For me, swearing is usually an expression of emotion, as opposed to something to just blithely throw around. I do swear, somewhat profusely when frustrated (good thing my stuff is inanimate, or it'd have a complex). I'm not a delicate flower that wilts when I hear profanity, and I don't need to be treated as such. I'm not really comfortable with some of the stronger profanity, which I tend to see as unnecessarily crude; and I generally find those who use it, especially frequently, to be distasteful and worth avoiding. The worst word I use is "fuck". It's recently come out of my mouth more often than I would like; I view it more as a special-occasion sort of word (think "Precision F-strike" from TV Tropes).

Slightly related story: I recently shocked a co-worker by referring to a character as an insensitive bitch. At first, I thought the girl flipped out because of our "no-swearing policy"; turns out she just hadn't expected that term to come out of my mouth.
    yes, same

I don't have a tendency to drop the swear bombs in general conversations, but it comes out in random releases of frustrations.
    But in all fairness I do find it rather off-putting when people do seem to swear a lot for no apparent reason, it makes me think they're aggressive, lack confidence thus feel need to puff themselves up or just plain ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    frankly, i think the entire point is for ryu to further solidify his conception of delta NFs as ideal stepford wives, which is a characterization i resent, and since he is the most prominent self-typed LSE on this forum, his characterization of delta NFs holds some weight, which is unfortunate because it is so patronizing and wrong.
    I'm getting that impression as well. fwiw I think it's perfectly find if ryu has specific preferences and what not in what he expects from women, particularly Delta NF's females, but I'm very much put off by any suggestion that those tastes should be indicative of type

on a personal note, I despise gender stereotypes only second to racial ones, they should die in a fire
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure Delta NF's can appreciate more or less everything in moderation, it's the extremes that are avoided and frowned upon. And Ryu quite often receives such responses to his threads so it does not surprise me that some people thought he thinks of delta NFs as ideal stepford wives .
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a LOT of Delta NFs who move to Japan as English teachers, and I have noticed a very strong tendency of them to police conversations. I'm good friends with a lot of them, but I do find the policing quite annoying and stressful. Like coarse conversations don't make me uncomfortable, but I'll start to feel uncomfortable by proxy because I know it's bothering them and then I feel like I have to reign in the conversation (killing the fun atmosphere imo). When we're all at the office (which really isn't that frequently actually), there's me (IEI), an EII girl, an LII(?) guy, and an ExE guy. The EII girl is the most insistent BY FAR that we maintain a "professional" atmosphere. The LII(maybe, I'm still confused about his type) and I only care that we aren't bothering anyone else in the office, and the ExE guy is the most uninhibited and tends to clash the hardest with the EII girl. When the EII girl isn't there our conversations are just absolute trash and full of "offensive" jokes. I was on a car trip with them and an SEE and SLE and the whole trip's conversations sounded barely better than a 4chan board. Personally I find that environment way more preferable to maintaining some kind of dead "professional" atmosphere (though I'm very adept at doing that when I need to, especially in front of bosses/supervisors), but the Delta NFs in my opinion are almost always bothered by the roughness of the conversation. Delta NF guys aren't quite as sensitive as Delta NF ladies in my experience, but even they tend to be quite sensitive to the "pleasantness" of the conversation (though interestingly they are less proactive at steering it in a more polite direction than Delta NF ladies seem to be)
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    I'm getting that impression as well. fwiw I think it's perfectly find if ryu has specific preferences and what not in what he expects from women, particularly Delta NF's females, but I'm very much put off by any suggestion that those tastes should be indicative of type
    i'm glad you said this because i want to clarify that my irritation wasn't about what i get the impression ryu is attracted to-- if somebody wants a stepford wife, or if somebody else wants a sex slave, or if somebody else wants a sugar momma, it really isn't any of my business. what bothers me is the extrapolating to type and the fact that this creates misinformation and confusion, imo. and really strange expectations for what it means to be delta NF.

also, you can see my posting history for a good indication of how often i swear, which isn't much. but if i wanted to start cursing like a sailor and still call myself EII, then i'd like the freedom to do so, heh. maybe cliche, but dislike of boxes and all that.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    yes, same

I don't have a tendency to drop the swear bombs in general conversations, but it comes out in random releases of frustrations.
    But in all fairness I do find it rather off-putting when people do seem to swear a lot for no apparent reason, it makes me think they're aggressive, lack confidence thus feel need to puff themselves up or just plain ignorant

on a personal note, I despise gender stereotypes only second to racial ones, they should die in a fire
    Hahaha, I you.

I don't think his "bake me brownies" comments should be taken seriously. It seems more like a running joke.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    I don't think his "bake me brownies" comments should be taken seriously. It seems more like a running joke.
    the joke would probably be funnier to me if it wasn't for the other things he often says about delta NFs, like this.