Quote Originally Posted by Kim
Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
When choosing a career, a person should know at least their PoLR.
It literally makes me cringe to follow this conversation. Socionics is a theory that still lacks a solid empirical foundation. It's something to have fun with, to perhaps understand miscommunication between people and to understand to some extent why you feel more drawn to certain people than others. And people, that's it. No more can come out of it at this point. To use type in determination of your talents is a dangerous and pointless thing to do because a) we can never know for sure if we have typed ourselves correctly and b) belief is a powerful thing. You realize you some sort of PoLR and even if you didn't have it before, now you have it.

Seriously, people, don't do this. It limits you beyond belief. Even if it is true that we have PoLRs, there surely must be exceptions.

Beware of a bunch of Socionics zombies muttering "need my dual, can't think logically, have no empathy, am a shallow bitch."
PoLR knowledge is good in order to understand something like - hey, if I see out that I'm bad at X, and X is my polr, it just means that I have to work a bit harder, not that it's impossible to overcome the obstacle even if at first it might seem that it's like that.

I just can't understand why so many people can reframe everything into a negative possibile outcome (I'm not referring specifically to you, or to anyone, here).