Quote Originally Posted by Polly_G
Hmm not sure about the whole acting needy or emotional thing. I kind of take a little pride in how independent I am.

I definately don't nag. Its actually a complaint I've gotten from previous boyfriends. Apparently if you really want something you are supposed to nag about it....not my style. I just tell them and let the person take it from there at their own speed...so that's a pretty good fit actually.

I give pretty clear instructions I must say. People like me writing manuals at work etc. because I make it easy for other people to follow. I try to plan things out first because I really hate unnecessary work and don't want to cause it for others. I try as best as I can to think it through and get it right the first time. Its more when it comes to my own stuff I'm flip flopping all over the place.

I don't really like micro-managing people either. There are things I may seem to be a perfectionist about because my systems might seem easy but underneath it all they are very complex. If certain rules aren't followed it can screw it all up. There is lots I let slide though just not when it comes to systems. If they can stick to my rules which are necessary for systems to function, I have all kinds of faith in them and pretty much leave them be.

I do the whole connecting thing too like don't they see that the cost of cigarettes is having a more detrimental affect on low-income people by increasing crime rates, poverty, stress levels etc. making it difficult for them to quit? Since everyone knows that people have trouble quitting smoking when they are forced to do it, doesn't make sense that the government would try to force it. Instead they are just taking food off their plates and making their enviroment worse than it was before. Statistically more people smoke who are below the poverty level so its like again...the naive rich punishing the poor regardless of their "good intentions". hehe yeah...stuff like that.
hehe, i read the first part of your response and was trying to figure out where the acting needy or emotional thing came from....then i scrolled higher and finally figured out it wasn't from my response..whew.

As for being emotional, they carry plenty of emotion around for the both of ya. They do like to cuddle though, touchy feely....like, sleeping with at least feet touching, or being in the same room while both on their own computer, type thing.

As for being needy....i think that would put too much pressure on an isfp. They want to be appreciated, not needed. I mean, it's far better for them to feel as if they are giving you what you want...instead of the pressure of having to give you what you need...if that makes sense.

I actually think that an isfp can help with a flip-flopping entp when it comes to the personal things. It's like..being able to hand it over to someone else to take care of it, and trusting that it will be taken care of. As for sticking to your rules..or guidelines...as long as those are made clear they usually don't have a problem...as long as they are still given room to maneuver in their own way.

Your last paragraph....that's the kind of stuff that i think would easily connect an entp and an isfp. I can see one person popping out one of those thoughts, the other finishing it or adding to it, each building upon what the other has said. I feel bad sometimes because i can't offer quite that to my bf. We come close, but not quite satisfying to either. Oh, and we definitely can't talk politics, he and i. But i can see him talking politics even with an entp who has different beliefs than him.