Thread: How to find/recognize an SEI-ISFp?

Hybrid View

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

The sincere smile of SEIs
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watch lots of videos of SEIs, like this guy

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    Do you relate to that guy? Preoccupations, message, vibes, etc?
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    What if there's no cushion to hug? What if we're outside? Or at church?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    That's a good one.

They like touching other things softly too, like their cell phone, or caressing something with their fingers and they also like eating an apple or other foods and making "umm, yummy." statements.
    Hug the priest. "Umm, yummy!"

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    Do you relate to that guy? Preoccupations, message, vibes, etc?
    I can relate to him, the way he talks and tells the story. Do you agree about him being SEI, or do you think his type is something else?

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to know this too. I have very stereotypical views of SEIs: Lazy bums or dog loving hippies.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good stuff, people! Thanks a bunch
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you agree about him being SEI, or do you think his type is something else?
    He does not show me anything I could connect with SEI, yes. I don't see his messages as such, the medals, that heart, his wound, stuff, there's a symbolism that lacks in this type, as far as I can tell. SEIs normally transmit simple and self-relevant things which are: 1. either obvious (may be something funny, like when you "BOOH!" someone) 2. or you've got to go and see them (ok maybe I miss some here). What he says seems to always have a meaningful interpretable nature, you the watcher need to make an appeal to your background to understand the importance of those. I feel like "a hand heart thing, so what are you looking at me, what was I supposed to say?", trying to impress but to make it appear "accidental", without showing off, like "wow! tell me more about your decorations and wound!" - which IMO sounds rather XLI. The whole picture appears to represent his merits and accomplishments.
    Besides having a too treble and irritating voice, his humor is "smart" and meaningful, only apparently naive, more like Woody Allen's geekish characters.

I asked you whether you relate to that because you're a SEI and I have no idea whether this is the case or you simply picked up a random example of what was supposed to be a "SEI video".

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ask about hobbies: gardening, photography, fishing. Though other types can have those hobbies too. They have that lovely quiet Si Ip pace. You need to get used to seeing that pace. And they emit warmth, which SLIs don't.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Much better video here for a ISFp vs the Will guy.

Also a video of a ISFP like this on the bottom is likely a ESI or EII.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Puppy dog eyes. They all have frickin' Anime-looking puppy-dog eyes.

Also, Socionics is not widespread enough in the west that you can rely on youtube vids; most of those are gonna just be MBTI ISFP (which ime is about 40% SEI, 30% IEI, 20% ESI and 10% other).
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's kind of simplistic in a way but it does seem to work much of the time when you're trying to speed-read someone.

Types and Their Overall Moods

For the SEI:
    soft, helping; gentle smile; touch naturally; comfort oriented; sensual and expressive
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    ENTp or ILE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YouTube - 5/11/09: Will is an ISFP
    NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Bad example!

TIM
    ENTp or ILE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You'll know when you meet an SEI because they are really humble. You may even be a little annoyed at their great humility.

Here's a video of Oscar Peterson:

He says, "I have enough trouble playing the piano." Trouble playing the piano? This guy's awesome!

SEIs are also very non-confrontational. I know an SEI that knew for a fact that this one guy stole his chain saw but he never talked to him about it. Instead, he just didn't trust him anymore.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Filambee: thanks for the video, I didn't know that one. Yes, I agree, the guy is a good representative, as far as I can tell. I totally agree with the rest of your post, too (except the part with piano, of which I'm not aware).

so here's 20 yo one or maybe she's an ESE that happens to be 24/7 high

source: http://bongrip.tumblr.com

well,i believe that SEIs can intergrate in every environement.others wont feel that SEIs consist a strange body even if the SEI will have nothing to do with the particular place or people.they can be chameleons having this neutralness that allows them to flow anywhere.When you look at them you wil feel at ease because they do not give you the impression that they are trying to figure something out.Actually this applies to SXIs in general but the last sentence is more on the SEI side and i also expect them to be more "agile" .SLIs can be characterised by rigidness along with neutralness and I often get the feeling that they go in skit mode; almost as if someone is holding a panel across the room with what they have to say every time.at least this has been my experience with a couple of female ones.

[ESI stuff]

btw

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Also a video of a ISFP like this on the bottom is likely a ESI or EII.

YouTube - ISFP personality
    this is very interesting. before watching the vid i was like wow this is such an ESI-ish physiognomy . plus, christian stereotype check,having a book named "fear no evil" check,storing old drawings check,getting nostalgic over them check.

she reminds me of nia vardalos .very similar vibes.

[/ESI stuff]
    Last edited by Kalinoche buenanoche; 03-02-2011 at 12:09 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Answer: First: Deeply calm, peaceful, "serene"; voice has an "earthy" tone to it; often making relaxation/coziness/aesthetics a point of emphasis; laid-back, agreeable; essentially a comfort-oriented and aesthetic person.

Second: Big smiles, kind-heartedness; behaviour full of laughter and joyfulness/merriness; even a little bit silliness; secondly, a joyful, enthusiastic person.

Example:

Last edited by jason_m; 03-03-2011 at 04:56 AM.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kalinoche View Post
    so here's 20 yo one or maybe she's an ESE that happens to be 24/7 high

source: http://bongrip.tumblr.com

well,i believe that SEIs can intergrate in every environement.others wont feel that SEIs consist a strange body even if the SEI will have nothing to do with the particular place or people.they can be chameleons having this neutralness that allows them to flow anywhere.When you look at them you wil feel at ease because they do not give you the impression that they are trying to figure something out.Actually this applies to SXIs in general but the last sentence is more on the SEI side and i also expect them to be more "agile" .SLIs can be characterised by rigidness along with neutralness and I often get the feeling that they go in skit mode; almost as if someone is holding a panel across the room with what they have to say every time.at least this has been my experience with a couple of female ones.
    this girl seems LSE, there's smth logical about her smile

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Filambee View Post
    You'll know when you meet an SEI because they are really humble. You may even be a little annoyed at their great humility.

Here's a video of Oscar Peterson: YouTube - Oscar Peterson Interview Copenhagen TV 1988

He says, "I have enough trouble playing the piano." Trouble playing the piano? This guy's awesome!

SEIs are also very non-confrontational. I know an SEI that knew for a fact that this one guy stole his chain saw but he never talked to him about it. Instead, he just didn't trust him anymore.
    Lol, he reminds me of Simon Posford.

Possibly IEI though.

TIM
    ENTp or ILE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Egbert Human View Post
    Lol, he reminds me of Simon Posford.

YouTube - Simon Posford Interview in the Studio // Hallucinogen Part 1

Possibly IEI though.
    Oscar Peterson reminds you of this guy - Simon Posford? Can you explain your comparison because I honestly don't see a resemblance?

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    The sincere smile of SEIs
    True of (I think?) all Fe egos, a tendency toward asymmetric facial expressions.

My mum says I have a Mona Lisa smile, when I'm not face-pulling for photos.

Tendency toward milder expression, showy, over-the-top exuberance is almost always played for ironic ham and cheese. I think SEIs will tend to come across pretty soft/mild-mannered with little flashes of bright expression.

This is the characteristic "soft", blank look of an SEI, I think. This is the default state that gets punctuated with big Fe expressions.

Check this page: http://socionics.us/celebrities/sei.shtml. Andy Kaufman and Danny DeVito both have lots of pics that have a distinctive Fe look to them (bright and asymmetric).

I think SEIs also tend to have pretty loose, relaxed postures. I remember one tutor I had would just perch with a slouch on one of the desks and dangle her legs while talking to us. One of my flatmates last year would just drape himself over the couch when he was watching TV like a big blanket.

I think in general ISps give off a strong vibe of being chill or relaxed, especially the introverted subtypes. If someone looks very comfortable with themselves and their surroundings they're probably an ISp.