Thread: How to find/recognize an SEI-ISFp?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How to spot/recognize an SEI ISFp?

What physical characteristics would make you type someone isfp?

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

- direct, soft gaze
    - not extremely showy or flashy with clothing, hair, makeup, etc.
    - gentle and warm demeanor
    - overall pleasant, clean, natural appearance

Creepy-Snaps

I'm really starting to think Drew Barrymore is an ISFp.

Socionics.com ISFp celebs

"ISFps often have a characteristic stout or chubby, rounded figure. They often have short legs and a bouncy gait, giving the impression of a big springy ball. Their faces are usually smooth and round without any obvious projections. In moments of passionate conversation they can often swallow air like a fish. When ISFps try to explain things, they can move their eyebrows considerably. "

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    - direct, soft gaze
    I like that a lot. Thanks Arthur's descriptions too.

Welcome to the forums, Elysia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you!

TIM
    ISFP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    - direct, soft gaze
    Yes, I couldn't agree more with this.

Round faces? I happen to have one, but I'm not sure if its always true. ^ ^
    The truth is there is no sense in living your life without this. To make the journey and not fall deeply in love - well, you haven't lived a life at all. You have to try. Because if you haven't tried, you haven't lived. -William Parrish

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

ISFps look younger than they are IMO
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Creepy-male

Off static photos? Not my strong point, but, summarising what I see on this page and from personal experience...

Asymmetrical expressions. Either wildly over-the-top when deliberately posed, or soft and gentle if not. Normal photo face is typically blank or a soft expression.

If you can see their whole body, it typically holds relaxed curves as opposed to rigid lines, and looks as if they're draped over their own body, or maybe are a little bit slumpy (which is now a word).

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How to recognize an SEI-ISFp at a glance?

Help me. I *believe* I now have at least one real-life example of every type, except for the SEI. I had a couple people I thought might be SEI, but have since settled on different types for them (though depending on what I learn from this thread, one or two of those may change back).

So, what are some of the more obvious things I should be looking for in order to recognize an SEI? Assume I have not had the chance to see the person's house, but I have spent at least an hour in their close company.

Would help me out. Thanks.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Creepy-male

#1 test that ALWAYS WORKS:

Do they hug cushions when they're sitting on the couch?

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if there's no cushion to hug? What if we're outside? Or at church?
    My life's work (haha):

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    What if there's no cushion to hug? What if we're outside? Or at church?
    It's a positive test... if they do that thing they're an SEI. If the thing is not a thing that happens, they are not necessarily not an SEI.

Also that was not an entirely serious comment, sorry

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Egbert Human View Post
    It's a positive test... if they do that thing they're an SEI. If the thing is not a thing that happens, they are not necessarily not an SEI.

Also that was not an entirely serious comment, sorry
    It's okay. It's the middle of the night...
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

The sincere smile of SEIs
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Egbert Human View Post
    #1 test that ALWAYS WORKS:

Do they hug cushions when they're sitting on the couch?
    That's a good one.

They like touching other things softly too, like their cell phone, or caressing something with their fingers and they also like eating an apple or other foods and making "umm, yummy." statements.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Default How to spot an SEI ISFp?

I'm an ENTp and just got out of a disaster relationship with an INFj. Tried to ignore what I knew for the longest time about intertype relations and tried to make it work, and the underlying issues prevailed and manifested themselves in different ways week by week. But yeah.... ISFp is my relationship ideal now so I'd like to know how to spot one when I see them. I know I could look it up, I just thought someone here might have some experience or might be one themselves.

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish there were more threads like this. I've always wanted to make one for ESEs but then felt self-conscious. Also, I was worried I'd typecast all ESEs in my head and then I'd just continue to limit my potential date partners trying to find a pure ESE. Anyway, no ideas for your SEI search, sorry .
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ClownsandEntropy View Post
    I wish there were more threads like this. I've always wanted to make one for ESEs but then felt self-conscious. Also, I was worried I'd typecast all ESEs in my head and then I'd just continue to limit my potential date partners trying to find a pure ESE. Anyway, no ideas for your SEI search, sorry .
    This is a very valid concern!!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that was fast. sorry to hear

honestly most of what i can think of SEI's sounds like a bad strati description... quieter, kind of sedated but can be pretty social, may seem childish or naive, may initially seem calm/stern but will compulsively laugh and smile, similar to SLI's but smiles have more different variances (SLI's always smile the same smile), kind of jokey, possibly irresponsible, female ones will usually have some stereotypical feminine qualities but also "grounded" (not as aristocratic as beta NF), may dress pretty well or have artsy style, may have creative interests, blah blah. alpha sense of humor.

I notice the strong Si, it feels like a distinct and heavy physical presence to me (not weight related), but dunno if that helps you.

look for IP temperament and then the SFness. lolol. it will get easier w/ time.

this might be an SEI:

oh and the ones i know are NOT stupid!!! dunno how commonplace that stereotype is but I know when I read the description I hadn't met many and then after meeting them I was like "dang, these people be kinda insightful, actually."
    Last edited by lemontrees; 01-24-2015 at 08:31 PM.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, as cliche as this sounds... the first night when we met in a group of friends my now-husband kept teasing me and jokingly convincing me to eat sweets...
    Basically don't look for a "type", chances are that if you meet smn you get along with who doesn't get offended by your sense of humour, but playfully banters away with you and is not your identical - this person might be SEI.
    Oh, and I agree with what @lemontrees wrote, so-called "type" does not constitute the level of intelligence, that stereotype is just offensive.
    Just let things unfold naturally. I know five people currently who are SEI - and they are very different people with some similarities, that's all...
    Good luck, hope that you'll meet smn you feel happy with (SEI or not, but smn who accepts you and vice versa )

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    Well, as cliche as this sounds... the first night when we met in a group of friends my now-husband kept teasing me and jokingly convincing me to eat sweets...
    Basically don't look for a "type", chances are that if you meet smn you get along with who doesn't get offended by your sense of humour, but playfully banters away with you and is not your identical - this person might be SEI.
    Oh, and I agree with what @lemontrees wrote, so-called "type" does not constitute the level of intelligence, that stereotype is just offensive.
    Just let things unfold naturally. I know five people currently who are SEI - and they are very different people with some similarities, that's all...
    Good luck, hope that you'll meet smn you feel happy with (SEI or not, but smn who accepts you and vice versa )
    I fully agree with everything you wrote here (and lemontrees' statement, even though she sometimes violates her own rule ). I also want to point out that the bolded statement applies to any dual pair.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    I also want to point out that the bolded statement applies to any dual pair.
    Well, in general yes. Although it's hard for me to imagine what i.e is Se-PoLR humour supposed to be like and who and how could get offended by it?
    I'd say for Fe and Fi PoLRs finding smn who doesn't frown when they make a joke might be more noticeably a breath of fresh air than for other types. Just saying.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    Well, in general yes. Although it's hard for me to imagine what i.e is Se-PoLR humour supposed to be like and who and how could get offended by it?
    I'd say for Fe and Fi PoLRs finding smn who doesn't frown when they make a joke might be more noticeably a breath of fresh air than for other types. Just saying.
    that's true, I hear you...

I guess i meant like people dont feel much pressure on the POLR from duals. Another thing i'd like to add, and maybe you can confirm whether i'm right about this or not, is that duals can argue and disagree about things, it's just that in spite of the argument, reconciliation is relatively easy and the fights dont make you hate each other. If anything the mind broadens, understanding (of life, etc) deepens, and appreciation of the person grows.

A relationship without fights and arguments may as well be conflictor, because you never get close enough to have them.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    that's true, I hear you...

I guess i meant like people dont feel much pressure on the POLR from duals. Another thing i'd like to add, and maybe you can confirm whether i'm right about this or not, is that duals can argue and disagree about things, it's just that in spite of the argument, reconciliation is relatively easy and the fights dont make you hate each other. If anything the mind broadens, understanding (of life, etc) deepens, and appreciation of the person grows.
    No, you don't feel much pressure on PoLR. You're free to be "you" warts and all. Arguments are short-lived and usually are more of a discussion than a full-blown argument. If it gets heated then usually both parties want to reconcile fairly quickly. Arguments/discussions are aiming to improve things, to reach a mutual understanding and move forward, so basically I agree with what you wrote.

A relationship without fights and arguments may as well be conflictor, because you never get close enough to have them.
    erm, Idk, I wouldn't call it a relationship if the distance is so big between people. I know 2 ESI females who are in a wider circle of my friends and we instinctively keep our distance, we don't fight cause we just don't have a chance. But they do rub me the wrong way even though both are good people.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

From a distance, SEIs look chill and friendly but somewhat "in-their-own-shell", attentive and responsive to other people. They either seem normal/witty/dynamic (the Fe subtype) or intelligent/sensual/considerate and somewhat laggish (the Si subtype).

Enjoy: verbal play and exchanges that show off intelligence and wit; "cultured" discussions (movies/games/books); prickly verbal retorts and teasing jokes that make fun of someone in a good-natured way; conversation, explanations, and talking in general (talkiveness is in general a trait of Alpha types that separates from from Beta types that tend to be more action oriented, and so many SEIs have the 'gift of the gab').

Turn offs: simple, laconic, straightforward answers; too much "reality" and "factualness" in conversation; physical directness and "calling things their names"; lack of what they would perceive as wit, absence of social/cultural 'swag' with a person (SEIs get "suggested"through Ne; Te and Se repel them).

SEI-Fes quickly adapt to others and are very dynamic in conversation, even unpredictable. They brighten up any interaction by making random statements and playful teasing quips and jokes that poke fun at someone else. Dip into imaginative storytelling (Si is introverted perception after all). Make things light and playful. Enjoy light verbal discussions and arguing, where their conversation partner always has something witty or intelligent to retort.

SEI-Sis are "smooth flowing", laid-back, even suave in conversation. Seem supportive, considerate, and attentive to whomever they are talking to; they as if "envelop" the other person with their attention, consideration, and care. Prove to be very demanding later on. Don't adapt to other people all that well, and are more contentious than SEI-Fes. Do much more "teasing" and poking fun at the weak spots of others as if challenging them "prove me that you're better/more capable than this". It's not apparent right away, but SEI-Sis are actually strongly expressed "strategists" by Renin and tend to know exactly how they want things to be.

In retelling events, SEIs may change the factual flow of events (Te PoLR) yet their stories contain sufficient details to seem more down-to-earth and realistic than those of Ni-egos. They may add details of their own - this is because Si, their base function, is a subjective, introverted element that doesn't quite perceive reality "as is" but shapes it according to SEI's subjective inner world. Due to this, SEIs who have a talent for writing and literature, and show creative aptitude above average, get easily mistaken for Ni types.

Most common mis-types for SEIs (on this forum at least) have been IEI and EIE, since very few people are able to tell apart Si and Ni, and many younger SEIs (teens, 20s) don't exhibit the 'caretaking' trait, and seem much more free-spirited, active, socially and culturally informed, which is stereotypically attributed to Beta types.

Jeff Montalvo (Seven Lions) - SEI-Si e9
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVamwuEejDw

Rocco Castoro - SEI 9w8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSyFX3ny8uQ

Mike Falzone - SEI-Si so/sx 9w8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h00oFNTqLMI

Harmony Korine - SEI-Si so/sp (6?)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE4TUodBMHE

Eli Manning - SEI-Si 6w5
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qccOpHRGFo

Jeff Hancock - SEI sp/so
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aAivrIUH1s

Frank Tallis - SEI (sx/sp?)
    Interview with Frank Tallis

Shane Smith - SEI sp/so 9w1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9bGtgKs6NU

Beck Hansen - SEI-Fe 6
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pceBcOGL7nI

Leigh Nash - SEI sp/so 9w1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF64sMpeFNk

Kari Byron - SEI-Si
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJTLdJJ8DlE

Kirsten Dunst - SEI-Fe 3w2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVXp_jbMtdg

Camille and Kennerly (The Harp Twins): SEI-Fe 3w2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPb20fK0R94

Sia Furler - SEI-Fe so/sp 6w5
    (*she has also received some LII typings)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AXFUuPde-s

Lisa Mitchell: - SEI 4w3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLuznFx7nuM

Bjork - SEI-Si sp/so
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_89pxWXH6w

Dido - SEI-Si
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPErepIFDmg

Kelly Skyline - SEI-Fe sp/sx
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7qYygji810

Dana Immanuel - SEI-Fe sp/sx
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YD-tnIpyjo

Last edited by silke; 07-15-2016 at 08:10 AM.