Thread: Based on my five years here

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Based on my five years here...

I know I've started countless type threads but only recently have I came to understand Socionics better. I feel like the many threads I've started on the the subject are pointless because I didn't understand anything and was basing my type off MBTI. I was tossing around the idea of starting a new thread in hopes that the people here who have been here since the beginning (and the new ones too..although you might not know me well)could give their input.

Basically, the two types i've been considering are LSI and ESI. I've already settled on LSI as of late but have been wondering if ESI is possible and wanted to get others opinions. I'm not looking for attention, sorry if i've started so many threads on the same subject but i think this could be the last one since i understand it better. That's what i'm hoping, at least. What does everyone think about ESI vs LSI? Or another type?

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...ever considered LSE? j/k, I have no idea, sorry.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah..you reminded me, Maritsa, you can't post in my thread. Thanks.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I can post anywhere, Jessica. You're not ****** and you can't restrict my freedom by using the Gestapo. You're very mean. Get a fucking life. Put me on ignore, put blindfolds on and earplugs that way you will help promote ignorance by actually stunting your own openness to the world of new and changing information.

When it comes to friendships, I like straightforward people with good intentions...down to earth, easy to joke around with, doesn't take things personally, not judgemental, laid back and friendly but who doesnt? I guess what i'm trying to say is that one type could perceive one type to be that way and another type could percieve them to be completely different.

None of this applies to Socionics types, but you're too closed-minded to listen. What I just said should give you a clue about your type.

It's hard for me to answer your first question because it seems like everyones opinion on the functions are different and if I do say what I like about Fe or Fi, it's bound to turn into another thread where everyone disagrees with each other on what each one means. I guess I was just looking for general impressions. I'm not good at talking about myself, it feels unnatural to me. I can share opinions but when people ask me to desribe myself, it's hard for me.

When I typed myself SLI, it was because i was going off of MBTI and that typing is completly wrong for me and it's been hard to convince certain people here of that...but whatever, they can have their opinions but I know that I'm not that type.

There shouldn't be silly disagreements on such things, because Carl Jung is very CLEAR about their meanings.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I can post anywhere, Jessica. You're not ****** and you can't restrict my freedom by using the Gestapo. You're very mean. Get a fucking life. Put me on ignore, put blindfolds on and earplugs that way you will help promote ignorance by actually stunting your own openness to the world of new and changing information.

America, fuck yeah!

TIM
    ENTp or ILE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're not ****** and you can't restrict my freedom by using the Gestapo. You're very mean. Get a fucking life. Put me on ignore, put blindfolds on and earplugs that way you will help promote ignorance by actually stunting your own openness to the world of new and changing information. None of this applies to Socionics types, but you're too closed-minded to listen. What I just said should give you a clue about your type.
    @Maritsa33
    You and Jessica don't get along!!! You're not duals. It doesn't matter how much you talk about functions. If the relationship doesn't match up, it's not worth crap!

TIM
    H-ILE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because of that you are my dual and we will spawn an army of children that can ignore Maritsa to a degree the world has never yet witnessed. Let the plebeians revel.

I actually haven't interacted with you enough to be able to contribute anything to this.

Arctures: delta just produces boring people
    Arctures: but that's how we like it

vero: who needs a real person
    vero: That's why I date an SLI

dolphin: someone tell gulanzon adjusting shower water to the right temperature is not si

Kraezz: you just have to do the ****** thing sometimes

TIM
    ENTp or ILE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you tell us some things about you like the way that you think and the people that you get along with or are attracted to?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Filambee View Post
    Can you tell us some things about you like the way that you think and the people that you get along with or are attracted to?
    When it comes to friendships, I like straightforward people with good intentions...down to earth, easy to joke around with, doesn't take things personally, not judgemental, laid back and friendly but who doesnt? I guess what i'm trying to say is that one type could perceive one type to be that way and another type could percieve them to be completely different.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does everyone think about ESI vs LSI? Or another type?
    I've always thought that SLI was perfect for you. But I'm only moderately confident about it.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

I think you (Jessica129) posted a video of yourself playing with your cat. They way you did it made me think you are a caregiver. It doesn't mean LSIs do not play with animals, but that they use a different "mood".

According to the pics I've seen of you, your posts and the fact that you look very relaxed, I think of SLI.

You said years ago that you hated your former job (in an office?)and resigned to join the us military: I could think an LSI would say: I WILL fulfill my duty even if it is boring.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Slater, how likely is she to be LSE?

Quote Originally Posted by Filambee View Post
    @Maritsa33
    You and Jessica don't get along!!! You're not duals. It doesn't matter how much you talk about functions. If the relationship doesn't match up, it's not worth crap!
    She and I get along just fine, you nosy pestering individual!!!! You can't stuff your opinion and make it fly for her own. She has a mind of her own and can decide ON HER OWN. She can tell me herself whether she gets along with me or not. Otherwise, it would help if YOU look for materials pertaining to Socionics type.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slater, how likely is she to be LSE?

IMO, very unlikely. She looks rather "anti-enthusiast"/creative
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    IMO, very unlikely. She looks rather "anti-enthusiast"
    I have noticed that some duals show very little emotion/enthusiasm. Maybe it has to do with circumstance (her being in the military); She might just be focusing on the activity/objective.

@Jessica

Do you display enthusiasm in real life?
    -

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you display enthusiasm in real life?
    No.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    IMO, very unlikely. She looks rather "anti-enthusiast"/creative
    You're right. I'll go with SLI too.
    -

TIM
    ENTp or ILE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She and I get along just fine, you nosy pestering individual!!!! You can't stuff your opinion and make it fly for her own. She has a mind of her own and can decide ON HER OWN. She can tell me herself whether she gets along with me or not. Otherwise, it would help if YOU look for materials pertaining to Socionics type.
    Lol, ok fine. I sensed conflict, but you're right, you and her know your relationship better than I do. So do you think that she could be you dual?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa, I am not your dual and we don't get along. We could, but you stuff your opinion down everyones throat and don't listen to anyone elses opinion but your own..something which you ironically keep calling ME out for. I am not LSE so let's just drop that. Nothing about me is Delta. I've met ThePirate and he typed me LSI and I like to think he's on point with his typings, I simply wanted others opinions on ESI or other possible types (aside from LSE).

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Maritsa, I am not your dual and we don't get along. We could, but you stuff your opinion down everyones throat and don't listen to anyone elses opinion but your own..something which you ironically keep calling ME out for. I am not LSE so let's just drop that. Nothing about me is Delta. I've met ThePirate and he typed me LSI and I like to think he's on point with his typings, I simply wanted others opinions on ESI or other possible types (aside from LSE).
    Yeah, but LSI do Ti where they take two other things that people write, outside themselves (for example, you would be reading two comments in this thread and posting one response with the two comments and then compare them to find a match between them) you don't do this ANYWHERE. HOW can you be Ti??? HOW????
    -

TIM
    ENTp or ILE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa, I am not your dual and we don't get along.
    @Maritsa33
    HA!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I just showed how I listen to you by listening you tell me that you don't get enthusiastic. Now, I hope we'll get along just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    :
    Ms. Rolleyes. She's your dual; isn't that great?
    -

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Jessica: You have always seem ISTp to me imo. Anyway, whenever I read your posts, I thought you are pretty cool at times since you tend to speak out on what's on your mind and do not try to please people. I have to agree with what Galen had mentioned that you seem to gravitate towards ENFps, sometimes unknowlingly. I guess any of us here will tend to take on some of the beliefs of other quadras at times. Nevertheless, you seem to consistently demonstrate Delta and IP qualities imo.

TIM
    H-EII-Ne 9w1 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Yes indeed....yeeesss indeed.

Hmmm...I only skimmed over these posts 'cause I'm lazy (and don't want to be brainwashed into changing my mind considering my initial hunches seem to be right the more I apply socionics in real-life ), heh, but I thought I'd chime in for what it's worth (considering I may not even remember this thread with as much as I get sidetracked on things ) Nevertheless, I have a very strong hunch you are indeed SLI. I'd be extremely--no, uberly --surprised if you weren't. The whole theory is subjective though, so in the end who knows Call it intuition or just a 'gut feeling' but from what I remember reading in posts from years past and the few videos I've seen, I'm pretty damn adamant about you being SLI. I've known a few SLIs in my day and it just....fits with you I've dwelled on it a bit before in the past and seemed to come to the conclusion about you being a Normalizing SLI. I could see LSI being your persona type and SLI your ego (if you buy into Gulenko's dual-type theory). I'm very bad at explaining myself logically when it comes to these things though (and lack the patience most days ), so I'm sure my opinion isn't going to hold much merit here, but I thought I'd speak my mind anyways Mark my words though young lady, if you ever find duality bliss, it will be with an IEE Wait...I remember reading a thread where you were engaged not too terribly long ago Don't mean to pry though

Let it be known--the wise sage from the sacred hilltop hath spoken

*edges backward ever so slowly, stealthily, like a......uh, sly, slippery snake*

*vanishes into thin air*

Creepy-male

Type Aptitude

Alpha
    [**]
    ILE[*]
    LII
    [**]
    ESE[*]
    SEI
    [**]

Beta
    [****]
    SLE
    [***]
    LSI
    [****]
    EIE
    [**]
    IEI[*]

Gamma
    [***]
    SEE
    [**]
    ESI
    [***]
    LIE
    [***]
    ILI
    [***]

Delta
    [***]
    SLI
    [****]
    LSE
    [***]
    EII[*]
    IEE[*]

If I'm really bored I'll display this info graphically!

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe you are an introverted type, T > F for sure, and ST. SLI>LSI.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Jumping around tangentially between topics is apparently a trait of Involutory (aka Result) types—ENFp, ISTp, ENTj, ISFj, etc. Whereas Evolutory (aka Process) types—ENTp, ISFp, ENFj, ISTj, etc. tend not to do this. From a Gulenko article:
    "There is a habit in Involutory types to abruptly curtail conversations. They do not simply cut off communication, but specifically wind it up, quickly finish, or summarize what has been said. They may also suddenly deflect onto tangents, then flip back to the topic at hand. Evolutory types may interpret this mannerism as a sign of tactlessness, disinterest, or resentment."
    I disagree with your interpretation of this fragment - it's largely irrelevant to what jessica asks, simply because "jumping from topic to topic" vs "quickly finish, summarize" are very different things. I actually tend to see dialectical-algorithmic as smoothly moving between topics, not focused on target, as opposed to vortex "conclusiveness" on a given topic, going back to it for this conclusion before moving on. Either one could be seen as jumping from topic to topic, I guess, but the former seems more like that.

Also, I happen to think most of this section seems to refer to things which are scarcely if at all type related (naturalistic/artificial, ffs!), so I'd take it, along with Gulenko's inspired comments on ILI programming skills or SLE battle geniuses, or evolution/creationism preferences (), with a (large) grain of salt

To not be completely and entirely off-topic: I don't really know you, I could see an LSI typing, I don't see Ip, and I realize people online and irl are two different things, so don't take it too seriously.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stop caring, your cool as you are and you will never ever stop doubting your type anyway. And it is one of the reasons I don't buy that much that you are a j type. Also I don't see T > F as obvious (although it is more likely), you may just aswell be a serious type. INTp or ISTp makes most sense to me personally. But overall Id say that it doesnt really matter, be you, makes it more fun.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Creepy-Snaps

Rotflmfao. I think I'm adding the underlined part to my signature.

If you're only here to get support for the type you have picked out for yourself instead of typing yourself then you're doing Se base activity.
    ... And you said I don't have Se leading.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    " doesn't take things personally, not judgemental,"

These as priorities indicates Fe>Fi.
    I agree with Gilly that I don't really see Fi. Different reasons than that though.

Just in general, I'd find it really weird for leading Fi to apologize about posting a thread, possibly drawing attention to themselves. ISFjs.... are just more confident, in general, that what they're doing is right. They have this own mode of ethics.

So I don't think ISFj makes sense, and from what I've seen so far. I thought ISTj fit fairly well with your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    You've never really struck me as LSI in all the time you've been here. Your original SLI self-typing seemed to fit better.
    See, I do acknowledge others who have been here longer than me, like Ashton, have a much better overall say than I do.

But like I said, what I've seen so far, ISTj fits pretty well. Perhaps slightly off, it's worth considering other types, but I don't think ISFj or INFj make any sense, cause I don't see Fi leading.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    or SLE battle geniuses
    This is a perfect idea for my thread. I keep forgetting to mention, a large part why I think I'm SLE, is the strong mastery of tactics. Loving strategy games. War games, real-time strategy, etc. .......

...... But I'll bring that up in my thread. Don't want to take the focus off of Jessica.

for ISTj in general. May I ask, what brought about this reconsideration of your type?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know I've started countless type threads but only recently have I came to understand Socionics better. I feel like the many threads I've started on the the subject are pointless because I didn't understand anything and was basing my type off MBTI. I was tossing around the idea of starting a new thread in hopes that the people here who have been here since the beginning (and the new ones too..although you might not know me well)could give their input.

Basically, the two types i've been considering are LSI and ESI. I've already settled on LSI as of late but have been wondering if ESI is possible and wanted to get others opinions. I'm not looking for attention, sorry if i've started so many threads on the same subject but i think this could be the last one since i understand it better. That's what i'm hoping, at least. What does everyone think about ESI vs LSI? Or another type?
    not a big controversy here. clearly LSI. clearly Ne polr. clearly logical. i've always thought that.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, Jessica. I searched for a thread you commented in but couldn't find it. In it, LSIs answered the question of how they respond to Fe, and IIRC, you described it making you feel enlivened or something.

I wonder if that holds true for you apart from your responses in this thread.

I think my grandfather was LSI, and tbh, though I'm pretty sure of his type, I'm not sure he was always directly responsive to my Fe. I don't think we were around e/other enough to dualize. (IF I'm EIE ... and if I'm IEI, why wouldn't it have felt easier, like activity seems to?)

With him ... it was more like we really admired e/other, but sort of from a distance, even when we were in the same room. I dunno. I guess what I'm saying is that I've seen this with other people, too, the older they get ... seems like sometimes that one thing they most need (dual-seeking IE) is something that they have to learn to integrate in their interactions unless they are in the habit of doing that from early childhood.

So anyway, what is Fe to you? How do you define it? What does it look like when you see it? Do you think you always notice it? Etc.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    I'm going to ask the obvious: in what ways do you think you need Fe, and in what ways do you think you need Te?

(Fwiw I get the impression you're logical... but last time I was around here a lot I think you were quite adamant and demonstrative about being SLI, so it's kind of hard for me to tell.)
    It's hard for me to answer your first question because it seems like everyones opinion on the functions are different and if I do say what I like about Fe or Fi, it's bound to turn into another thread where everyone disagrees with each other on what each one means. I guess I was just looking for general impressions. I'm not good at talking about myself, it feels unnatural to me. I can share opinions but when people ask me to desribe myself, it's hard for me.

When I typed myself SLI, it was because i was going off of MBTI and that typing is completly wrong for me and it's been hard to convince certain people here of that...but whatever, they can have their opinions but I know that I'm not that type.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's hard for me to answer your first question because it seems like everyones opinion on the functions are different and if I do say what I like about Fe or Fi, it's bound to turn into another thread where everyone disagrees with each other on what each one means.
    What's the problem with that? It's necessary, not just avoidable because it's inconsistent. Embrace that fact that we're not a bunch of drones with similar opinion, but also be open to the fact that you might need more opinions on what each type is and then how you fit into that. If you're going to strictly categorize people, then either be sure about it, or get some fresh opinions. Who knows, maybe you aren't Ne valuing if you're not interested in opening another door. I know some people on this forum who type themselves Ne dominant who aren't interested in new opinions...its really funny. And they will keep thinking that due to the inability to see better theoretical options. Is this kind of similar to where you're at, or irrelevant?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    What's the problem with that? It's necessary, not just avoidable because it's inconsistent. Embrace that fact that we're not a bunch of drones with similar opinion, but also be open to the fact that you might need more opinions on what each type is and then how you fit into that. If you're going to strictly categorize people, then either be sure about it, or get some fresh opinions. Who knows, maybe you aren't Ne valuing if you're not interested in opening another door. I know some people on this forum who type themselves Ne dominant who aren't interested in new opinions...its really funny. And they will keep thinking that due to the inability to see better theoretical options. Is this kind of similar to where you're at, or irrelevant?
    I'm extremely closed off to new opinions and anything new scares me and I hate change with a PASSION.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

judging type: Settled and decided.
    -

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure I was already decided on that...

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

judging type: Settled and decided.
    Well, naturally.

FWIW, that's much different from "decisive." Decisive/judicious is about the thought-orientation/speed of the decision. Rationality on the other hand is very correlated to keeping to the same settled and decided pattern, staying consistent in one's decision over time. An Ne-creative will often notice other options, but they will not adopt them and "experiment," instead they might think about their meaning and application to their dominant function. This goes back to why I think some people typed Ne-dominant are so full of crap, because they're internally consistent and always defend themselves from things they disagree with. Just read all the IEE and ILE descriptions, it will sound nothing like them, but they won't care: they'll just say "that description is wrong." Getting to my point about you, have you read type descriptions, and which ones have you related to the most? That is very important to consider, in as much as dichotomies and information elements.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

" doesn't take things personally, not judgemental,"

These as priorities indicates Fe>Fi.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...