Hybrid View

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    Anyway I got to tihnking about Se base types. Being an LII with Se PoLR, I've tended to see them as overly aggressive, abrasive my way or the highway types.

Sure they may fight for their own way but I've come to realize that they may not be so stubborn with their will as I once thought. I think the Se base types expect that the others will fight back in an Se sort of way if their desires conflict with yours. They aren't necessarily going to get offended if you fight back. In fact they might welcome it. It isn't necessarily that the Se types are trying to be difficult, its just that the Se way of doing things is so natural to them. But those with weak Se, especially Se PoLR might feel otherwise.
    I think you're right insofar as most of Se aggressiveness or abrasiveness is rather how some people feel about than how it is. No offense intended; my own impression of non-Se people is that I have to tread on eggshells near them, because they're going to be offended if I'm too assertive or not apologetic enough, or something, my way or the highway in more of the passive-aggressive fashion. And at risk of you being offended by it after all, I must add that your own reaction to MD and FDG - neither of whom attacked you - is exactly the sort of thing that makes me feel like that. This is of course entirely subjective, too.

I've heard Se base types say things to me like "feel the power" or "don't be afraid to go in there and fight" It's not that I'm completely a doormat who never stands up for myself. I just don't feel comfortable doing it in an Se sort of way. I'd rather calmly reason with the other person.

I think SEE types in particular feel threatened or even offended by this tactic of reasoning with them. And why not? Ti is their PoLR.
    I can't speak for SEEs, but in general I don't have any problems reasoning with Ti-PoLRs? No screaming involved, either.

So I got to thinking that our base function is something so natural to us that we can wrongly assume that everyone else around us uses it like we do. For example, there have been times when I've discussed something like a logical system and waited for someone to make their Ti contributions to improve on the system and wondered why no one was doing it or worse yet, why others seem threatened or intimidated by it.
    That's what I mean by taking base function for granted, too. My first reaction to Ni descriptions was Forer effect warning, sort of assuming everyone would relate.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People don't expect others to be strong in what they're strong in. For instance, our duals are not strong in our base functions, and we do not expect them to be. We are happy to take care of that for them. People do not always understand when people don't value what they value, though.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    So you're saying idiotic (hypothetically, of course) contribution would actually be better than no contribution?
    Hypothetically, yes. Gets the creative juices flowing, gets people thinking.

And for the record, I don't think my contribution was idiotic. FDG just seems to dislike all my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    This is "my" forum as much as it's "everyone's" forum, so it's perfectly legitimate for me to try to halt a certain trend of posts which might cause its degeneration. Your posts were mostly embarassing when compared to how an average real-life SLE acts, they were not constructive.
    Then please enlighten us. Actually contribute to the thread. How do "average real-life SLEs" act, in particular concerning Se-base?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    Please don't go on account of them. People will always bitch at each other on this forum. >.> And welcome back.

------------

Does anyone like being told what to do? I sure don't, and I highly doubt I'm base.
    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Librarian, I like you and your posts. Please stay around.
    To both of these... don't let my arguing with FDG scare you away. I'm done arguing with him, even if he continues it. Do stay please.

Quote Originally Posted by ananke View Post
    Only because you don't like a quality in people, doesn't mean Se-egos like that quality. Or have it.
    Very true. =\ The "aggressiveness" and "abrasiveness" is one aspect of Se. Se-base doesn't mean you're confrontational, it can simply mean that you have a high awareness of confrontation, despite being quite respectful yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    A lot of the OP actually makes sense to me. And I don't see what's so embarrassing about MD's post. He actually sounds like a pretty decent SLE to me. If my son really is an SLE, I hope he turns out to be that good.
    Yes, I don't think it was embarrassing either of course... I know it perhaps "lacked some empathy" and maybe came across harshly... but it was at least constructive. FDG just doesn't like me. And tyvm pianosinger. If your son really is an SLE, I hope he turns out to be better than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    People don't expect others to be strong in what they're strong in. For instance, our duals are not strong in our base functions, and we do not expect them to be. We are happy to take care of that for them. People do not always understand when people don't value what they value, though.
    Yes. Can't we all just get along? We need to learn to appreciate each other's strengths and not getting picky over little things. *points finger at everyone else*