Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

is the OP really so off? i guess maybe it doesn't seem that way to me because i'm also Se polr? probably. interesting that warrior-librarian sees SEEs as being more resistant to reason when they seem more open to me than SLEs, which i think goes to show how much our type perceptions are influencing this, haha.

it reminded me of this incident with my old SLE boss when he was telling me i shouldn't have done something and since i was confident in my disagreement and frustrated with his perspective, i kind of snapped and raised my voice at him -- and purposefully acted kind of belligerent about it because i just had a suspicion that he would be receptive if i acted that way. and at my next performance review he was all effusive and thrilled and said that i was "finally showing some confidence." umm...dude, i was confident before. i just didn't feel the need to be all belligerent about it. lol, god.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    and at my next performance review he was all effusive and thrilled and said that i was "finally showing some confidence." umm...dude, i was confident before. i just didn't feel the need to be all belligerent about it. lol, god.

I'm always getting told by people to be more confident even when I am confident. I guess its because I come across as tentative and not definitive enough to others because there's always another possibility to be considered. There goes the creative .
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    I'm always getting told by people to be more confident even when I am confident. I guess its because I come across as tentative and not definitive enough to others because there's always another possibility to be considered. There goes the creative .
    ya, my more natural reaction would have been something more along the lines of, "okay, i see what you're getting at but this is where i was coming from with what i did and i think it was valid." (which would have been true.) but i had been working with him long enough to know he would have seen that sort of reaction as weakness and plowed through it. from my perspective, this seems so unreasonable. thanks for bringing up the / thing, that hadn't clicked to me before.

edit: disclaimer that i'm talking about a specific person and that i don't necessarily extend this to mean all Se base types are unreasonable, etc. etc. i think he was kind of...special.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I was just gonna say, "be more confident" and "it's all about confidence"

love your Se signature

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    They're not like that at all.
    I agree completely.
    Warrior, what the heck are you writing. Do you even know or comprehend what you're saying here? Se doesn't mean that the person will tell you to do things like that. Please don't write things like this; it has no meaning, is inaccurate, and highly irrelevant to type. It makes a type, in this case Se, seem distinctly different from others because you put them in a box which suggests they are exactly as you wrote, which isn't true. Anyone of any type can say those things to you; that is not related to Se.

We have pointed out countless times what Se is; you may start by reading Carl Jung's work.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-05-2011 at 07:59 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Creepy-Snaps

I'd rather calmly reason with the other person.
    Pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    umm...dude, i was confident before. i just didn't feel the need to be all belligerent about it. lol, god.
    If you aren't willing to get into a fight for something, you're not confident.

And yelling is normal. I would generally agree with the OP's observations: I have been called aggressive many times before, and get into fights, think punishments are not only tolerable but necessary, get defiant whenever someone tells me what to do, even if it's something little (cause you can't let them tell you to do something small, cause next time it'll be something bigger, and bigger, till they're telling you every little freaking thing: don't give them any control or power. Make a stand from the start.), and I've been told that I see the world as black and white. Guess that falls under the 'my way or the highway' observation.

I'd also agree with warrior-librarian's observation, that we expect Se-communication from other people. Sometimes, kind of like challenging authority, I'll do something I know I'm 'not supposed to do', just to see if the other person will stand up and try to stop me. If they don't say anything, or let it pass by, then I can do it. And they're too much of a coward to do anything about it. I guess it's kind of like bullying. But if the other person just says something, and stands up, then I respect that. And won't mess again... until maybe a couple months later, if I need to test them again.

I notice I do tend to compete and be aggressive... except if I'm overwhelming my 'opponent', so to speak. With IEIs... they're just so nice, dare I say passive, that I realize I'm clearly in control, there's nothing to compete against. They're of no threat to me. So I don't need to challenge them at all. I can be nice and respectful to other types too.

I don't mess with others higher than me who have clear authority and control, and I expect others lower than me not to mess with me either. I guess Se-types just need a hierarchy? If I may be creative , you could compare us to the young cub, always challenging the head lion to someday become leader of the pack themselves.

If you're not willing to stand up for yourself, or take control for anything, more often than not, I'll just view you as a pawn in someone else's game.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol mountain dew. you're emphatically embarassing.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    lol mountain dew. you're emphatically embarassing.
    And you're emphatically a douche. Screw you.

I remember from the other thread, like a month ago, I think you had called me obnoxious (if I remember correctly that it was you, I do remember it was from an ENTj). I'm glad you think I'm here for your entertainment.

FDG= troll. Commenting only on my comment to the original topic? Even if labcoat's "seconded" is in reference to your comment about my being embarrassing, at least he contributed to the thread afterwards.

Troll me more, bro.

Creepy-Snaps

On topic again:

Also found it interesting: this does not apply to SEEs, but SLEs and ILEs... may be one reason I said I view yelling as normal: Fi POLR:

Quote Originally Posted by wikisocion
    Statements by other persons reflecting their inner feelings are not fully registered by the individual if not accompanied by external emotional expression or actions.
    So for SLEs at least, their aggressiveness, emotionality, and abrasiveness may be a combination of Se base as well as Fi POLR. High emotions as the necessary way to communicate.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post

I remember from the other thread, like a month ago, I think you had called me obnoxious (if I remember correctly that it was you, I do remember it was from an ENTj). I'm glad you think I'm here for your entertainment.

FDG= troll. Commenting only on my comment to the original topic? Even if labcoat's "seconded" is in reference to your comment about my being embarrassing, at least he contributed to the thread afterwards.

Troll me more, bro.
    No, you're invading the forum with your idiotic presence, that's why I'm forced to fly off topic. Calling everyone troll is a childish tactic.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even if labcoat's "seconded" is in reference to your comment
    whaat?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I agree completely.
    Warrior, what the heck are you writing. Do you even know or comprehend what you're saying here? Se doesn't mean that the person will tell you to do things like that. Please don't write things like this; it has no meaning, is inaccurate, and highly irrelevant to type. It makes a type, in this case Se, seem distinctly different from others because you put them in a box which suggests they are exactly as you wrote, which isn't true. Anyone of any type can say those things to you; that is not related to Se.

We have pointed out countless times what Se is; you may start by reading Carl Jung's work.
    Do you still think I'm a SEE, Maritsa?

I guess Se-types just need a hierarchy? .
    I think that would apply mostly to Se+Ti and not Se+Fi

Troll me more, bro.
    No, you're invading the forum with your idiotic presence, that's why I'm forced to fly off topic. Calling everyone troll is a childish tactic.
    I think I'm ready to take another hiatus from the forum.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Creepy-Snaps

I don't force you to do anything. It's your choice to attack me. And I don't call everyone troll, just you.

Sorry your perceive my posts to be idiotic... but who died and made you boss? You know I don't think very highly of your posts either.

And this is not your forum. I'm not "invading" anything. Lol. I've contributed two constructive posts already to this thread, compared to your.... 0? Oh yeah that's right...

Yet somehow my contribution to the thread is idiotic? Hmm. Maybe if I were like you, and sat back, said nothing constructive, but criticized other people's posts... yeah, that's smart. You're clearly a genius.