Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some thing I noticed with Se base types

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. dimensionality theory is bogus
    2. "weak Se" is equivalent to "intuitives", so your claim is directly in conflict with... 99% of what has ever been written about the difference between S and N types
    3. stop perpetuating this silly climate where no one can ever speak of a types' weaknesses cause someone somewhere might dislike being confronted with such things

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    1. dimensionality theory is bogus
    2. "weak Se" is equivalent to "intuitives", so your claim is directly in conflict with... 99% of what has ever been written about the difference between S and N types
    So why do you keep ascribing universal PoLR qualities to element that, accidentally, I'm sure, happens to be your PoLR? You're taking your own perspective and assuming it to be objective; worse yet, you're misleading others by presenting it as such.

What you described as Se in the other thread fits xSE types exactly, by the way - either assuming things will go exactly as they did in the past or that they're absolutely unpredictable. Guess why? It's Ni-PoLR that I notice most.

3. stop perpetuating this silly climate where no one can ever speak of a types' weaknesses cause someone somewhere might dislike being confronted with such things
    Considering I've never done anything like that, I must say your delusions aren't my problem.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So why do you keep ascribing universal PoLR qualities to element that, accidentally, I'm sure, happens to be your PoLR? You're taking your own perspective and assuming it to be objective; worse yet, you're misleading others by presenting it as such.
    1. everybody infers from their own experiences to some extent; it's the only way to arrive at any kind of conclusion in conditions where extensive empirical verification is not an option (i.e. 99.9% of all real life situations).
    2. I don't infer just from "my own perspective", but from what I perceive in others' behavior and from everything I know about the functions their intermediate polar relations and commonalities. The extent to which you assume a simplified view of the process is almost banal.
    3. this forum is full of misleading information. Even if there is the occasional flaw in my writing I am confident I can beat the shoddy norm that has established itself around here.
    4. decisiveness and a focus on what is likely rather than possible are useful characteristics that are hardly to be ascribed to the PoLR concept. There, I said something nice. Can I go now?

What you described as Se in the other thread fits xSE types exactly, by the way - either assuming things will go exactly as they did in the past or that they're absolutely unpredictable. Guess why? It's Ni-PoLR that I notice most.
    Like I said, there is an overlap with Si. The differences are subtle. None of what you say contradicts my statements and some of it even directly follows from them.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to add that the notion of a "PoLR function" is not particularly useful or even valid. The distinction between PoLR and Creative function is basically a pointless sub-compartmentalization. The two refer to the same thing. So whenever I'm talking about Se in the sense of Strong Se, the weakness of intuitive functions is implied automatically and I will typically not refer to these functions individually due to how doing so would be redundant.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The reason why it's a PoLR is because it's conscious awareness of one's inabilities. I think that presents some stress on the person consciously. Take me. Se types take me hiking and do some intense Se experience; while they are doing it with an ease, I'm there dying of stress. Take the conscious fear of Ni and the new LSE that I'm interested in. He changed my computer battery life to indicate how much time I have left, uses all sorts of time telling devices to measure the time he spends on his work; another words, he's trying to control his activities in relation to time and trying to strengthen his poLR. I find myself saying to myself that I should go out and do things and see things (gather experiences) and you can find Minde saying this too when she says that she hasn't gone out and taken photographs lately and thinks she should go do that. The "should" part is pretty much a good indication of not having the "will" to do it. That the person has to think about experiencing an plan on doing something is also indication of rational type and also an indication that they don't have Se in the conscious block.

It's thrilling for me when people don't have to talk about doing it and just go out (mindlessly, wildly) and experience living and doing. SLE thrill me. SEE amaze me, because they are always doing.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-06-2011 at 02:05 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    I think that might be it. Se dominants seem to base themselves on active decisiveness without second guessing so Ne probably appears as redundancy to them. I've notice Ne's have a manner of speaking and dealing with things with an air of uncertainty that is really not a confidence issue but a hesitancy in asserting definitiveness
    That's more to do with perception then "confidence". Ne types are very confident, they just don't want to say that because it's that then it will be that no matter what (closing doors and making decisions).
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12