Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek characters

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Yeah, all of that "honor" talk from Worf seems like Fe. I can't think of anything else it could be. If it wasn't so cultural, I could buy that it's Fi. Not sure though. Fe seems more likely. I could perhaps even buy Ti, but that ties in with Fe.
    I'm not so sure, he seems more inclined to follow what he thinks is right, not what others perceive of him, which could indicate Fi valueing over Fe.

For instance, when his name was disowned, he did it to protect the empire. His sense of honour is more principle based what he thinks of himself not what others think of him.

I just realised how old this topic and quoted post is! How did it manage to get bumped into recent threads? Hmm..maybe someone made a post then deleted it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Star Trek

Kirk: IEE
    Spock: LII
    McCoy: ESE
    Scotty: SLI

However.. a dual relationship is not how I'd describe the one between Spock & McCoy- but looking at those types.. that's what makes the most sense.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJB28 View Post

However.. a dual relationship is not how I'd describe the one between Spock & McCoy- but looking at those types.. that's what makes the most sense.
    Makes sense. I wonder if some types like Sci-fi better than others?
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    Makes sense. I wonder if some types like Sci-fi better than others?
    Definitely possible.
    I'd imagine that Thinkers and Intuitives like sci-fi the best.

However, some sci-fi series aren't necessarily designed for Thinking types but Feelers- that's the impression I got from "Firefly" at least- a series I wasn't particularly a big fan of but a lot of my Feeling-type friends were..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely possible.
    I'd imagine that Thinkers and Intuitives like sci-fi the best.

However, some sci-fi series aren't necessarily designed for Thinking types but Feelers- that's the impression I got from "Firefly" at least- a series I wasn't particularly a big fan of but a lot of my Feeling-type friends were..
    Maybe Introverts too, since they are more inclined to seek worlds apart from this one.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am more inclined to Kirk as ESTp, I agree with Spock, McCoy I am not sure about, and Scotty IXTp.
    LIE-Ni, i think, but maybe ILI

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What type is Jean Luke Picard?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In that "so last month" movie or whatever, the typings are

Kirk - SLE
    Spock - LSI
    Scotty - ILE
    McCoy - ESI
    Uhura - SEE

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    People have discussed this in length in past. And I think the split was between TiNe and FiSe. But I don't think he's really either or any type at all. But combination of qualities from different types, that people project to, like many other fictional characters.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In that "so last month" movie or whatever, the typings are

Kirk - SLE
    Spock - LSI
    Scotty - ILE
    McCoy - ESI
    Uhura - SEE
    I agree with all of those except Uhura, who did not provide me with enough material to make a good assessment of her type.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would lean towards LIE.
    LIE-Ni, i think, but maybe ILI

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In TOS, it seems to me that the characters are not well-developed. Some of them seem like they're based on a single function -- Kirk seems like Se, Spock seems like Ti. Especially in the early episodes, they shift between TiNe/TiSe and SeTi/SeFi depending on the episode and the writer. I would say they eventually settled into something like LII and SLE.

McCoy seems the best developed, I would say he's ESI.

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    In TOS, it seems to me that the characters are not well-developed. Some of them seem like they're based on a single function -- Kirk seems like Se, Spock seems like Ti. Especially in the early episodes, they shift between TiNe/TiSe and SeTi/SeFi depending on the episode and the writer. I would say they eventually settled into something like LII and SLE.

yeah
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post

Why ESI for McCoy and not ESE?
    ENTp
    ILE

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why ESI for McCoy and not ESE?
    First of all, he doesn't seem to care about making any of his patients happy or comfortable at all. That rules out Fe and Si straight off, for me. Also, relations between him and Spock are not Duality or Semi-Duality; it looks more like Super-Ego (respect and admiration cloaked behind friendly insults and rivalry). In fact, I would say that's one of the stronger arguments for LII over LSI for Spock, as I can't see him and McCoy being Look-a-Likes.

McCoy is grumpy, crusty, and doesn't let anyone tell him what to think or do (even the Captain half the time). All that indicates ESI > ESE to me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. Spock is Ne-LII, McCoy is Fe-ESE. Therefor the relation isn't that good. Depends on subtypes...

six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jean-Luc Picard is totally an Fe type, or a type that appreciates Fe a whole heckuva lot. How many times was he duped and the Enterprise nearly blown up all by his feeble attempts at negotiating peace and harmony and give-and-take compromises with whatever enemy they had run across? Waaaay too many. An ENTj or any gamma would never fall for that crap and would have just blown people up instead.

So ENTj or even any Gamma for Picard no way. Commander Riker strikes me as a clear ENTj, but not Picard.

I suppose I could see Picard as a Delta of some sort, maybe an ESTj.

While we're on the subject....

Chikote or whatever his name was (1st officer) from Voyager is definitely an ESTj.
    The Captain (forget her name) I could definitely see as an ENTj.
    Last edited by stevENTj; 08-22-2009 at 07:00 PM.
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol
    16 years of bliss in an Activity relationship

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevENTj View Post
    I suppose I could see Picard as a Delta of some sort, maybe an ESTj.
    Ridiculous. Picard is definitely introverted and definitely intuitive. ---> INTj

Chikote or whatever his name was (1st officer) from Voyager is definitely an ESTj.
    Ridiculous. Chakotey is definitely introverted and definitely intuitive. ---> INTp

The Captain (forget her name) I could definitely see as an ENTj.
    Wrong. ENFj.

Commander Riker strikes me as a clear ENTj
    No. Riker's development is quite strange. He begins as ESTj, then becomes ENFp-like, then turns out to be INFj.

ENTj's are not really good at typing I think. They only see ENTj's and ESTj's

TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh and you're the supreme authority on typing I suppose? Most people who make such authoritative statements are flat out wrong, but good luck ever convincing one of that.
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CheGuevara View Post
    ENTj's are not really good at typing I think.
    Te types are the best at intuitively typing people in my opinion. Doesn't mean it goes along with socionics though.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this thread is perfect. all threads should be exactly like this one.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody cares about your obsessive sewing murmurs. "Good sweater, you're going to a nice home."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enterprise-D: alpha- and delta-Quadra:
    Picard INTj
    Data INTj
    Wesley INTj
    Riker INFj
    Troi INFj
    Worf ISTp

Voyager: beta- and gamma-Quadra:
    Janeway ENFj
    Tuvok ISTj
    Chakotey INTp
    Kim INTp
    Seven ENTj
    Paris ESFp

I never liked the Voyager-Crew. Lack of

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Nobody cares about your obsessive sewing murmurs. "Good sweater, you're going to a nice home."
    i know. i apologize. sorry. i'll go back to crocheting as poorly as possible from now on.

TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ridiculous. Picard is definitely introverted and definitely intuitive. ---> INTj
    I think it's funny how in every other episode Picard's eyes would glaze over as Data was going on and on and on and on about something, only to interrupt him and try to get him back to the big picture. Yes, the big picture. Clearly Picard and Data can't possibly be the same type. Picard is a big picture guy and an EJ temperament who needs to get things done and make decisions. INTjs are poor at that, especially with PoLR . You could probably argue for quite some time about which specific EJ he is, but he's most definitely not an INTj. Data and Picard identicals? Now that's funny.

I think not.

BTW Data's creator, Dr. Noonien Soong, a clear ENTp.

Ridiculous. Chakotey is definitely introverted and definitely intuitive. ---> INTp
    Rubbish. When I watched the show he always showed a whole LOT of and , butting against Janeway who wanted to put either the ship or the crew or both at risk to try to get them home faster. Chakotey was always more concerned with crew safety and well being and just keeping everyone alive regardless of how long it took to get everybody home. That screams ESTj to me, with PoLR not thinking about long-term advantage, only the physical here and now. There's no way Chakotay is an INTp.

Wrong. ENFj.
    I agree with you on EJ at least.

No. Riker's development is quite strange. He begins as ESTj, then becomes ENFp-like, then turns out to be INFj.
    Whatever. Different writers write the shows and might use the characters in different ways. ENFp? I must have missed that episode.

ENTj's are not really good at typing I think. They only see ENTj's and ESTj's
    And apparently you think the entire crew of TNG are all IJs except for Worf? Picard, Data, and Wesley all identical INTjs? Yeah that makes sense. With a lineup like that it's a miracle anybody would ever talk to each other at all. Have fun ripping this apart if you want. I'm not here for a back and forth on debating the types of Star Trek characters, but if you are go for it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picard is a big picture guy and an EJ temperament who needs to get things done and make decisions. INTjs are poor at that, especially with PoLR .
    INTjs are VERY good at making decisions. How many INTjs do you know personally?

Data and Picard identicals? Now that's funny.
    Picard, Data, Wesley, Spock... They are all INTj - but different INTjs of course. Picard is old, Wesley is young, Spock is an alien, Data a robot. You see what I mean?

When I watched the show he always showed a whole LOT of and [...] There's no way Chakotay is an INTp.
    is INTp's creative function, is INTp's role function. So you are right Chakotey shows a lot of and . So why can't he be INTp?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I saw Star Trek for the first time last night. I got the impression that all volcans have PoLR.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are we having a flame war on Star Trek typings now? Cool.

Not sure on type for any of them really - I'm happy to agree that Voyager was Beta/Gamma, Enterprise was Alpha/Delta and Deep Space Nine was lame though
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I saw Star Trek for the first time last night. I got the impression that all volcans have PoLR.
    I watched a couple more epesodes. I can see how Spock could be an LII or LSI. He seems more amused by than annoyed by it.

Edit:
    Spock is a 1-6-2 sp/sx.
    Last edited by DirectorAbbie; 01-16-2010 at 05:44 PM.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spock is my dual and the sexsiest guy in the universe <33 LII
    ESE - INTp subtype 6w5/5w6/4w5

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Doctor from Star Trek Voyager is ISTj.
    WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUCK?!?!?!

(there is absolutely no other way I could frame my reaction to this)

TIM
    LII-IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUCK?!?!?!

(there is absolutely no other way I could frame my reaction to this)
    So what do you think he is? I'm pretty sure about the Doctor's type because he seems to be the same type as my father whose type I certainly know. Subtype is slightly different. My father: ISTj-ISFp. The Doctor: ISTj-INFp.

Why do you always try to ridicule my typings without saying what you think about the persons in question?

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

OMG, who wants to go that Star Wars convention in Orlando????? I DO, I DO. I've never been to one of those haha.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Those things look like they smell like ass.
    They do now! They used to smell like leather and fresh paint back in the real years.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those things look like they smell like ass.
    Have you never been to a convention? They're all filled to the brim with ass.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of the hot female persuasion?
    Oh, so you really haven't been to a convention before.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what do you think he is? I'm pretty sure about the Doctor's type because he seems to be the same type as my father whose type I certainly know.
    He is a drama queen, a narcist and a daydreamer with a distorted sense of realism. He is also one of the most obvious extroverts of the crew. This makes him the opposite of what you type him as in everything except his values. He is ENFj.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes
    What type is Janeway? I've seen the actress typed ESI, but I think the character maybe possibly LIE, with Chakotay as her introverted ethical dual or semi-dual. I got an NT impression watching her anyway.
    Rick used to have her up as ENTj before moving her to ENFj on his website. The "first hunch is usually the right one" rule applies here, imo. As for Janeway, yes, she is an obvious and unproblematic ENTj.

I think Chakotay is more of a delta ST, though. Nowhere near wacky enough to be delta NF, nor displaying anything of the stubborn inflexibility of an ISFj.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Rick used to have her up as ENTj before moving her to ENFj on his website. The "first hunch is usually the right one" rule applies here, imo. As for Janeway, yes, she is an obvious and unproblematic ENTj.

I think Chakotay is more of a delta ST, though. Nowhere near wacky enough to be delta NF, nor displaying anything of the stubborn inflexibility of an ISFj.
    I always thought Chakotay was an ISTp. Janeway as ENTj is surprising; I thought a Ne type was more likely, but I could be wrong.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always thought Chakotay was an ISTp.
    That's a bingo. That's what I type him as.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast