Thread: Movement to rename "conflictors"

Hybrid View

Creepy-Snaps

You all are considering re-naming conflictors because of one personal testament? C'mon people. Think for a second. You all just accepted pianosinger's judgment that her brother was a conflictor, because she said so. Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    Call me prejudiced, but in my experience, conflictors conflict. That doesn't imply "hate" or anything such, not even "dislike". People are more likely to react with boredom and indifference to id information, IMO.

I agree another name might potentially be better, but renaming a relation isn't going to change its nature. In particular, if your typings don't fit with intertype relations, not on personal, but socionics information exchange level, it seems like a very self-deceiving way to fix it.
    This is perfect. Thank you. At least someone has some sense.

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post

You all are considering re-naming conflictors because of one personal testament? C'mon people. Think for a second. You all just accepted pianosinger's judgment that her brother was a conflictor, because she said so. Really?.
    it doesnt follow that just because they agreed about "conflictor" not being the best term it means that they took her word about her brother's type. she isn't the first person i've seen write that they don't "conflict" with their conflictor in that way. it's at least as likely that they agree because of their own experiences or for some other reason.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have serious issues with every Conflictor, but I do have issues with the one I live with.

Regarding the proposal, I don't see a reason to change things.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@MD:
    I think you're taking that a little too seriously. I think nobody really wanted to change the official name of that relation (except for pianosinger maybe, but she only proposed that). We just made suggestions how the name could be changed in order to make the actual meaning clearer. Almost every term is known and already has a meaning as it was said. A good example would be 'aristocratic' vs 'democratic'. I think it's hard for beginners to distinguish socionic terms from real-life ones.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer