• SLI (ISTp)

0 0%

Thread: Courtney Love

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I burn better in the dark/Don't let the light in/It's pure poison where you are/Is that me crying?/Tell me a happy ending story . . . . For every end in tragedy/I'll twist your heart out/For every evil, dumb, lazy/I'll tear the sun down/Tell me a happy ending story . . . . Oh, I swear, you're killing me, you're killing me/Oh, I swear, you're breaking me again/Oh, I swear, you're breaking me, you're haunting me/Oh, I swear, you're killing me again . . . . Is that me crying?/The stars crash down, don't let them in/Is that me dying?/Tell me a happy ending story . . . ."

Oh yeah, I forgot this:

http://www.robertchristgau.com/get_artist.php?name=Hole

"Live Through This [DGC, 1994]
    Punk aesthetic or no punk aesthetic, Courtney Love's songs wouldn't be compromised and might be deepened by steeper momentum and more articulate guitar noise. But they prevail anyway. Their focus is sexual exploitation, and not just by the media, evil straights, and male predators of every cultural orientation. She's also exploited by Courtney Love, and not only does she know it, she thinks about it. These are the confessions of a self-made feminist bimbo--of the girl who wanted the most cake. Just because she's a phony, whatever that means, doesn't mean the world isn't out to deny her her props. A"

http://www.robertchristgau.com/get_a...=Courtney+Love

"America's Sweetheart [Virgin, 2004]
    Her celebrity on steroids and her voice in shreds, a drug-abusing unfit mother charms, fucks, or buffalos her way into some old-fashioned major-label money, commits commercial compromise on demand, and delivers an album as invigorating in its contempt for rock professionalism as Neil Young's Tonight's the Night. If the little girls barely know who she is, good--a lifestyle irresponsibly seductive in a powerful person like Keith Richards is only pitiably misguided in this has-been waiting to happen. But she's right about one thing. The world does owe her a living. A-"

http://www.robertchristgau.com/get_artist.php?name=Hole

'Nobody's Daughter [Mercury, 2010]
    Most people don't like her, and actually, I don't either. So I can't claim you owe it to yourself to enjoy Courtney Love's much-delayed first-album-since-2004. Nor even that these songs cast a revealing light of her scabrous persona--beyond "Pacific Coast Highway" ("I'm overwhelmed and undersexed") and "Never Go Hungry" ("I don't care what I have to pretend"), they're typical wails of punk-schooled rage from "Skinny Little Bitch" to "Letter to God." Thing is, I can use some new punk rage in my life, and unless you're a fan of Goldman Sachs and BP Petroleum, so can you. What's more, better it come from a 45-year-old woman who knows how to throw her weight around than from the zitty newbies and tattooed road dogs who churn most of it out these days. I know--for her, BP Petroleum is just something else to pretend about. But the emotion fueling her pretense is cathartic nevertheless. A-'

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I knew a boy/He came from the sea/He was the only boy who ever knew the truth about me/I'm overwhelmed and undersexed/Baby, what did you expect?/I'm overwrought and so disgraced/I'm too ashamed to show my face/And they're coming to take me away now/What I want I will never have . . . All of this world’s shame won’t stop my arrival/And all this world’s fame and drugs and plague won’t stop my survival . . . And I’ve lost myself completely/I look to you my shooting star . . . And you know I’m drowning . . . Miles and miles of regret/It hasn’t happened and it won’t happen yet . . . And miles and miles of regret . . . Pacific Coast Highway, I crashed/Pacific Coast Highway, anguish/Pacific Coast Highway, you better live/Pacific Coast Highway"

“ . . . when you’re gone it gets so cold/I swear I’m too young to be this old . . . Yes, I crawled on glass to grasp at straws/Stuttering, staggering through/And I’ve pierced the last hole in my arm/To gouge out the pieces of you/And your staggering, stuttering greed/And your never ending need/And your terrible awful deeds/And your lack of truth in these things/You know the whole thing is rigged/You’ll always quit/You always did/To the most delusional stare/And all that I have is out and laid bare . . . Oh, I’ve been bitter/You know what’s true and you know what’s right . . . I know that I’m a hungry lost girl/But please stick around/And I’ll build you a world/I’ll build you a world/I’ll build you a world...”

ESTp --- --- Organizer
    using 2 subtypes: Logical Organizer (Ti-ESTp)
    using 4 subtypes: Normalizing Organizer (N-ESTp)
    using 8 subtypes: Social (or Anxious) Organizer (Fi-ESTp)
    using 16 subtypes: Protective (or Vulnerable) Organizer (ESTp-ISFj)