Thread: Contrasting MBTI and Socionics (using INTP and ILI)

Hybrid View

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this coming from somewhere in particular?

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KazeCraven View Post
    Is this coming from somewhere in particular?
    Dimensionality is Boukalov's addition, but PoLR being the weakest and base being strongest can be traced to the origin of socionics, I think. And since mental ring goes 1 → 2 → 3 → 4 → 1, from strongest to weakest, it makes sense that vital ring would go from weakest to stronger, being 5 → 6 → 7 → 8 → 5 (rings are integral part of Model A from the beginning). The diagram I posted earlier is just visualized dimensionality.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    Dimensionality is Boukalov's addition, but PoLR being the weakest and base being strongest can be traced to the origin of socionics, I think. And since mental ring goes 1 → 2 → 3 → 4 → 1, from strongest to weakest, it makes sense that vital ring would go from weakest to stronger, being 5 → 6 → 7 → 8 → 5 (rings are integral part of Model A from the beginning). The diagram I posted earlier is just visualized dimensionality.

Yes, this makes sense to me. Thanks for the illustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    listen man, mbti just used a wrong formula to convert dichotomies into functions.

but since they didn't notice it, they just attached the behaviour for the first function on the wrong name.
    I am actually currently inclined to agree with you. Though I suppose my issue is whether the interpretation itself actually makes for a worse theory (rather than whether it's consistent with Jung). But even then, I'm still inclined to MBTI and its variations will end up less effective.

I suppose the question is whether there are individuals who have started studying socionics and actually switched over to MBTI, and why. It was the opposite for me; I didn't even look at socionics until about a year after I had started with MBTI.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose the question is whether there are individuals who have started studying socionics and actually switched over to MBTI, and why. It was the opposite for me; I didn't even look at socionics until about a year after I had started with MBTI.
    same for me, first MBTI than socionics.

Socionics is like a version 2.0 of MBTI.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I honestly doubt it, unless they couldn't grasp Socionics which was why the left it for MBTI.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor