View Poll Results: If I'm Alpha NT, am I most likely to be

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • LII because I'm antisocial, detached, pensive and lazy

2 40.00%
  • ILE because I'm wacky, irregular, emotional and inconsistent (and I fit ILE reinin dichotomies)

3 60.00%

Thread: If I'm Alpha NT, am I most likely to be

Hybrid View

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once you understand, you have a hard time understanding how you could have not understood, or is that just me?

Do you take in new dimensions produce static conclusions(systems)?
    Do you take in new systems(analyses) and produce new dimensions?
    Do you take in new fields and produce dynamic conclusions(applications)?
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    This sounds exactly like what I do often, in a very inconsistent way.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    Once you understand, you have a hard time understanding how you could have not understood, or is that just me?

Do you take in new systems(analyses) and produce new dimensions?
    Do you take in new fields and produce dynamic conclusions(applications)?
    I think I'm starting to understand what LII does now, the mirror process. I guess I never looked at it totally that way before, because I've been so into thinking and learning about other stuff, but this actually makes a lot of sense now, hah. I mean I certainly don't relate to it, I'm like the mirror of it. Veerrrry innnteresting, thanks for sparking this insight. For some reason it reminds me of MBTI Ti as the "dominant" way of seeing everything, for some reason I didn't catch on entirely (Ti enfuses its system with the world/perception) It's very obvious using this concept why Ne dominant would fit me perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by nil View Post
    While it is true that extroverted types tend to be outgoing and social and introverted types tend to be withdrawn and antisocial, it is not necessarily true. It goes both ways. Personally, I identify more strongly with INTp when going by the dichotomies but the functions just weren't right.
    personalitycafe ENTp
    Even though they are extroverts, ENTps may demonstrate a subtle tendency towards reservation. Those who have had problems establishing friendships may manifest a quiet nature and a lack of general outgoingness, one day appearing social and friendly only to be indifferent or avoidant the next. Over a period of time specific social patterns may develop, appearing unfriendly and reserved to some and friendly and open to others.
    And this seems definitely true, as living proof it seems easily verifiable. Extroversion in the context of Socionics doesn't necessarily mean social ability or attentiveness to the world around you even though it is recommended as a proper correlation. Even if Ne in a number of people is often focused on what's going on around oneself, it doesn't have to be (which is what Socionics is trying to say.) It makes sense that Ne+Ti or Ti+Ne could both be stereotypically introverted, I see no contradiction, because extrovert dominant here is merely a focus on the internal static object, of anything, physical or mental.
    Quote Originally Posted by nil View Post
    I still haven't really found an entirely satisfactory description of the E vs. I dichotomy, save for that it alters the function orientation.
    Attentiveness to the object, I guess. I'm not going to say that I don't often focus on external objects around myself, like I need something tangible to look at, but I certainly will say that I don't need to seek out new places and faces every day and am not focused much on activity involving physical reality.
    Last edited by 717495; 01-14-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are many perspectives on type and functions.

Ti-Ne ego also implies that you "creatively" use conceptual aspects to avoid physical aspects. For instance, building a mech to protect you from actual fighting.

Ne-Ti ego implies that you "creatively" use observable associations to avoid implied associations. For example, acknowledging explicit connections to people/objects to protect you from having to measure how you truly feel about something or how close something really is to you.
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what happened, you couldn't find a cooler one for ILE?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea I noticed the inconsistency, I tend to do that. :/

How about "for example, justifying the use of the Atomic bomb through objectivity, and ignoring the moral implications".
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, that's perfect. Now I don't care which is cooler.

Yeah, I do relate to Fi-PoLR pretty well in these senses (and have been given comments) being pretty impatient/ignorant about Fi, but also not in favor of Se. I would think up something to get out of work, like "working to fight someone." I'm not really too thrilled about work and so I figure out ways to make it easier or get out of it. I guess the big difference though is, LII takes a rational approach to it and tries to get Se completely out of the question, where as I'm just not very attentive or "thrilled" about Se-related things. With Fi its more obvious I'm not really tuned into it, completely escaping it, but then when Fe comes into the same picture, my ethical mind finally reacts.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, ILEs relate to in more idealized terms(tremendous force/impact), and LIIs relate to in idealized terms(secret/perfect society) just as well.
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hah, with that it gets a little more hard to decide, the lines are blurred. I have my religion and morals, I don't have a lot of question about myself in this regard however, I usually believe what I tend to believe and don't show any strictness about it. I just need to remind myself what I believe in. I am very well ignorant of all the other ethics belonging to others. Me being a "good" person has little to do with relating to people. As much as using , I think of things like intellectual or imaginative territory, and can sometimes get kind of competitive, but it's real trivial stuff, talking about going to Mars and who has the nicer spaceship and more heroic character, or really just anything that deals with imaginary territory. Not sure where my ideas fit with yours, or if I'm really that forceful about anything, but definitely more interesting than stuff.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Hah, with that it gets a little more hard to decide, the lines are blurred. I have my religion and morals, I don't have a lot of question about myself in this regard however, I usually believe what I tend to believe and don't show any strictness about it. I just need to remind myself what I believe in. I am very well ignorant of all the other ethics belonging to others. Me being a "good" person has little to do with relating to people. As much as using , I think of things like intellectual or imaginative territory, and can sometimes get kind of competitive, but it's real trivial stuff, talking about going to Mars and who has the nicer spaceship and more heroic character, or really just anything that deals with imaginary territory. Not sure where my ideas fit with yours, or if I'm really that forceful about anything, but definitely more interesting than stuff.

Ah, well disregard it. The concept is there just not the precision.
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor