View Poll Results: what is Marilyn Manson's type?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

4 14.81%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

5 18.52%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

6 22.22%
  • EIE (ENFj)

10 37.04%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

3 11.11%
  • LIE (ENTj)

1 3.70%
  • ESI (ISFj)

1 3.70%
  • IEE (ENFp)

2 7.41%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Hybrid View

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ENFJ(?)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say EIE-Ni (ENFj-INTp?). His stage presence is extremely strong, he knows how to entertain... Regarding Amanda Palmer I'm inclined to think she's SLE (which is what The Ineffable typed her in the past anyway). Some Beta NF's (especially Ni-ENFj which is Evolutionary/Process and may have smoother movements compared to Involutionary/Result types, and Constructivist, etc.) may seem quite passive, self-contained/self-controlled, detached/distant, etc. in interviews, videos, etc. Contrast that with SLE's like Courtney Love, Amanda Palmer, etc. who are more overt and physically powerful in their communication with the camera (and probably more physically involved/there/present speaking in interviews, etc.) . . . Nevertheless, Marilyn Manson on stage probably looks quite different than he does in his videos... I've seen him in concert once -- he's a very dynamic performer. Marilyn Manson has a more interesting stage presence than Shirley Manson (who I've also seen live/in concert once) in that respect. Shirley Manson has a better voice, Marilyn Manson has a more dynamic/'entertaining' stage presence/persona.

Here are two of Marilyn Manson's best songs:

"The ants are in the sugar/The muscles atrophied/We're on the other side, the screen is us and we're TV. . . . Are all your infants in abortion cribs/I was born into this/Everything turns to shit/The boy that you loved is the man that you fear/Pray until your number/Asleep from all your pain/Your apple has been rotting/Tomorrow's turned up dead/I have it all and I have no choice but to/I'll make everyone pay and you will see/You can kill yourself now/Because you're dead in my mind/The boy that you loved is the monster you fear/Peel off all those eyes/Crawl into the dark/You've poisoned all your children to camouflage your scars/Pray unto the splinters, pray unto your fear/Pray your life was just a dream/The cut that never heals/Pray now baby, pray your life was just a dream/(I am so tangled in my sins that I cannot escape)/Pinch the head off, collapse me like a weed/Someone had to go this far/I was born into this/Everything turns to shit/The boy that you loved is the man that you fear/Peel off all those eyes and crawl into the dark/You poison all your children to camouflage your scars/Pray unto the splinters, pray unto your fear/Pray your life was just a dream/The cut that never heals/Pray now baby, pray your life was just a dream/The world in my hands, there's no one left to hear you scream/There's no one left for you/When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed"

" . . . . I am so all-American, I'll sell you suicide/I am totalitarian, I've got abortions in my eyes/I hate the hater, I'd rape the raper/I am the animal who will not be himself . . . . Hey victim, should I black your eyes again?/Hey victim, you were the one who put the stick in my hand/I am the ism, my hate's a prism/Let's just kill everyone and let your god sort them out . . . . Everybody's someone else's hero, I know I'm only my own/I wasn't born with enough manly virtues/I don't need to choose a side/I better, better, better, better not say this/better, better, better, better not tell . . . . I hate the hater, I'd rape the raper/I am The Idiot who will not be himself . . . . America cannot see anything/History was written by the winner . . . . Everybody's someone else's hero/I know I'm only my own/I wasn't born with enough manly virtues/I don't need to choose a side"

Oh, and Christgau, how could I forget:

http://www.robertchristgau.com/get_a...Marilyn+Manson

'Smells Like Children [Nothing/Interscope, 1995]
    Unmitigated consumer fraud--a mess of instrumentals, covers, and remixes designed to exploit its well-publicized tour, genderfuck cover art, titillating titles, and parental warning label. The lyrics to "S****y Chicken Gang Bang" are nonexistent, those to "Everlasting C***sucker" incomprehensible. Only "F*** Frankie," a spoken-word number in which a female feigning sexual ecstasy reveals that it isn't "Fool Frankie" or "Fire Frankie" or "Fast Frankie" or for that matter "Fist Frankie," delivers what it promises. It's easily the best thing on the record. D+

Mechanical Animals [Nothing, 1998]
    If only the absurd aura of artistic respectability surrounding this arrant self-promoter would teach us that not every icon deserves a think piece, that it's no big deal to have a higher IQ than Ozzy Osbourne, that the Road of Excess leads to the Palace Theater. Instead, his banned-in-Wal-Mart slipcase job will fade into the haze of records people found interesting at the time. Its strategy is to camouflage the feebleness of La Manson's vocal affect by pretending it's deliberate--one more depersonalizing production device with which to flatten willing cerebella whilst confronting humankind's alienation, amorality, and failure to have a good time on Saturday night. Catchiest songs: "The Dope Show" and "I Don't Like the Drugs (But the Drugs Like Me)." Duh. C+'
    Last edited by HERO; 09-05-2012 at 11:52 AM.