View Poll Results: what is Marilyn Manson's type?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

4 14.81%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

5 18.52%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

6 22.22%
  • EIE (ENFj)

10 37.04%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

3 11.11%
  • LIE (ENTj)

1 3.70%
  • ESI (ISFj)

1 3.70%
  • IEE (ENFp)

2 7.41%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outside of VI, why do you think that for Manson?
    stereotype "victim" Se seeking + Ti/Fe's progressive, quirky weirdness.

Fe also sort of adds to the victimlike attitude cause it rolls with Ti's dictates.

Why do you think O'Reilly is Se ego?
    stereotype weak Ne.

yes, i'm using stereotypes because imo stereotypes are OK in one direction: if the stereotype fits it's an (non conclusive) argument for the type. if it doesn't fit it's not an argument against it.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think he’s EIE.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/f...sident-w440962

September 20, 2016

Marilyn Manson voted for Barack Obama in 2012, but he has no intention of visiting a polling station this November. "I don't find either candidate to my liking, so I choose to stand out of this one," he tells Rolling Stone. "And I don't think that's a coward's stance. A lot of people might say that. I just don't really want to be a part of this piece of history. Last time, I did want to be involved in some piece of history as a voter."

When asked about the candidates – or more specifically, one of the candidates – he says it's the context that matters. "You're asking what I think about Trump, and it's a tough call because if you look back at old presidents that have been in the past, and you weren't old enough to know how they lived their lives, and you didn't live in the era that was so media-saturated and internet and just so many opinions swirling around, the world seems a bit chaotic more than it should be," he says. "But then when you simplify it, it isn't more chaotic. It just comes down to two things: Who has more charisma, and who are they appealing to. And neither one of them appeal to me."

Manson, who will be making an appearance on the upcoming season of Salem and who has been teasing a "pretty violent" new album (SAY10) due in February, has long expressed disillusionment with the American electoral process. In 2000, when George W. Bush was elected, he told an interviewer, "I don't vote because I don't believe that it's a legitimate system anymore or of it ever was, so I just try and insert my beliefs on politics in music because I think that speaks to the youth which will be the future."

In 2004, when Bush was running against then-Senator John Kerry, he offered a similar opinion: "It's not a matter of me thinking my vote is going to make a difference or not; it's a matter of I don't have an interest in either person."

But his tone shifted when then-Senator Barack Obama became a candidate, telling Time in 2009 that he voted for "the president, of course." It was the first time he'd ever voted for president, he said. In 2012, Manson told Time Out Chicago that while he did vote for Obama, he "never believed in the authenticity of the two-party system," adding, "Politics in this country is all what happens behind Oz's curtain."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.daa3df82bc0b

“The strange reason Marilyn Manson admires Trump” (By Sarah Polus October 5, 2017 )

Marilyn Manson likes to make his political opinions known — sometimes.

The goth rocker, who voted for then-President Barack Obama in 2012, opted out of participating in this year’s election cycle. “I don’t find either candidate to my liking, so I choose to stand out of this one,” he told Rolling Stone last September.

Some speculated, though, that the shock rocker’s “Say10″ music video was a comment on last year’s election. (There’s a beheaded figure donning a power suit who could be a stand-in from Donald Trump). Manson, who released the clip on the eve of the 2016 presidential election, never publicly admitted that Trump was his muse — or target.

But despite not voting for Trump, there’s one thing Manson does like about POTUS. And that’s Trump Tower. And no, it’s not because he went there to hobnob with Manhattan’s elite. The reason is a bit more . . . well, Marilyn Manson-esque.

In a recent Rolling Stone interview, Manson described how Trump Tower once helped him hide from the police when there was a warrant out for his arrest.

“I do admire the fact that he created Trump Tower,” Manson said. “Because when I did an interview and it went wrong and I got arrested for putting a gun in the mouth of an editor of Spin, I hid from the law there.”

Hold on . . . what?

In 1998, Manson and his body guards allegedly assaulted Spin Magazine editor Craig Marks, who then filed a lawsuit, according to an article by MTV News. At the time, Manson reportedly threatened Marks because of a magazine cover dispute, saying: ‘I can kill you! I can kill your family! I can kill everyone you know.’ ”

According to Rolling Stone, the case was eventually settled out of court, and Manson was never arrested.

https://www.independent.ie/style/cel...-36153944.html

Marilyn Manson insists no political message in ‘decapitated Trump’ music video

The singer said any political elements depended on the listener, even though the timing makes a “statement”. (By Francesca Gosling, September 20 2017)

Metal rock singer Marilyn Manson has insisted that his grizzly music video to SAY10, released during last year’s US election and featuring a decapitated suited man, was not intended to depict Donald Trump.

While he admitted that the timing of the song’s release made a statement, he said that there was no fixed political message behind it and that Trump’s presidency is no more concerning than any other.

The video was widely interpreted as a swipe at the then presidential candidate, as the bloodied corpse appeared to be wearing Trump’s signature blue suit and red tie.

Speaking of the track – a first taster from his upcoming album Heaven Upside Down – Manson told music magazine NME: “The only thing it had to do with politics was what people wanted to make it.

“It could be a preacher, it could just be a businessman. It (the body in the video) could be anything, but in no way does it say it is Trump.

“But of course when you release it on election day, it makes a statement.”

He added: “[Trump] doesn’t worry me any more than any of the other presidents.”

The 48-year-old US musician has openly spoken about his conscious decision not to vote in the landmark election last November, but while he has previously told interviewers that it was because neither candidate appealed to him, he admitted that it was “because I’d have had to get up early”.

The only president he has voted for was Barack Obama, because, he said: “I thought it was such a unique period in history that I wanted to do it just so that I could say I’d done it.”

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/maril...courtney-love/

MARILYN MANSON SAYS HIS FRIENDSHIP WITH COURTNEY LOVE ENDED BECAUSE OF SEX (January 22, 2015)

Men and women, women and men -- if you've seen 'When Harry Met Sally,' you know we have a hard time maintaining friendships without sexual tension getting in the way. Heck, just ask Marilyn Manson.

The eyeliner enthusiast reflected on his former friendship with Hole mastermind Courtney Love during a recent interview with Esquire, suggesting that their years of much-publicized insult-slinging may have started because of an unrequited attraction.

Insisting that they "never really had a falling out" with each other, Manson also argued that, contrary to most male-female friendships that disintegrate over matters of the heart, the guy in this relationship wasn't the one who wanted more.

"We've always been weird with each other, because she's slept with pretty much every one of my friends, supposedly. Not me, though," he claimed. "She told me she was mad at me because I didn't want to f--- her and I was smarter than her. I said, 'Well, you kind of proved your own point right there on that one.'"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...cuous-dim.html

'I thought you were gay!' Courtney Love hits back at Marilyn Manson after he accuses her of being promiscuous and dim (By Cassie Carpenter for MailOnline) [PUBLISHED: 21 January 2015]

While promoting his new album, Marilyn Manson managed to reignite a long-dormant feud with Courtney Love.

'We never really had a falling out,' the 46-year-old shock rocker told Esquire.

'We've always been weird with each other, because she's slept with pretty much every one of my friends, supposedly. Not me, though.

'She, one time, told me she was mad at me because I didn't want to f*** her and I was smarter than her. I said, "Well, you kind of proved your own point right there on that one."'

The 50-year-old grunge queen took to her Twitter on Tuesday to respond: 'Omg @marilynmanson all this time thought u're gay. Of course I'll f*** u. Im free Fri from 1:15 to 1:18 gives us plenty time 4 a smoke too x.'

The outrageous nineties icons both acted (never together) in the seventh and final season of Sons of Anarchy.

https://www.christianpost.com/news/m...bieber-199282/

“Marilyn Manson News: On His Friendship with Johnny Depp and His Hatred for Justin Bieber” (By Shannon Azares , Sep 15, 2017)

The combo of Marilyn Manson and Johnny Depp in the same place is something that some fans only ever dreamed of. In a recent interview, the "Heaven Upside Down" singer shared something about his past that has to do with how he bonds with Depp, his hatred for Canadian pop singer Justin Bieber, and what it is like to go through a hard life.

AV Club reports that Manson's hatred for Bieber came from that the "Love Yourself" singer was wearing a shirt with the face of the former. Although his designer insisted that Manson gave his permission for the usage, Depp's close friend was quick to deny. Put in kinder words, Bieber told him that he made Manson relevant again and before he could sue his camp for the violation, they told him to just take the money and move on. Understandably, Manson was appalled and his hatred for Bieber continues to this day.

Meanwhile, Billboard conducted an interview with Manson, who revealed he and Depp recently got matching back tattoos. Amusingly, he recalled that he was in real physical pain, which caught the attention of his fans who took the liberty to remind him that he was the same guy who put needles under his fingernails. Other than that, it seems that Manson has been through a lot as he recalled what he has experienced thus far in the interview.

"All the scars — musical, physical, mental, emotional — they're what define you," said Manson. "If you're going to take on the world, which I've done, it takes a lot of backbone — more than people think. I'm not bragging about it, but it does weigh on you."

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Manson is a great example of the SEI-Fe cognition running on the dramatic 4w3 character type. SX/SPer. (The 4w3 character type has a predisposition towards borderline personality disorder.). SEI-Fe is the dark subtype of SEI. By dark means negatively charged -- edgier, more intense.

Marilyn Manson's cognition in a nutshell: Si collects sensations, objects, symbols, visuals, even ideas that cause a certain sensation, and Fe-creative chooses among that collection as to which will produce the desired emotional responses from his audience. Ni-role sees outside the box as to ways that those chosen sensations can then be imaginatively organized/collaged in a way that reflects a basic message, theme.

Gaahl (sheep's head on a stake)
    Ozzy Osbourne (birds to bite the heads off of)
    Wendy O. Williams (televisions and cars to smash)

Marilyn Manson's reputation for the grotesque speaks for itself..

Now, adds in the caveats. Fe subtype puts a more intense and edgy angle on it. Also, type four being in the reactive triad gives it a more intense charge. The 3 wing adds a level of performance and exhibitionism. Also, sx/sp being a dark, edgy, confrontational stacking raises this particular combination to the crème of the crop in terms of grotesque. i.e. you have Marilyn Manson and Ozzy Osbourne, the two kings of the Fe-creative, Ni-role style grotesque.

Practical ways to tell apart SEI vs IEI: Manson's cognition is too crude for an IEI. SEIs also have a propensity for making inferences about people based purely on physical characteristics. That's another good disqualifier for the IEI cognition. Ni/Fe converts inner worlds into new modes of expression.

Needless to say, he's a perfect fit for the SEI-Fe VI:

https://www.pinterest.com/socionics/sei-fe/

learn the foundations and the typings practically takes care of itself.

Click here for my expanded view on Si and the Arts.
    Last edited by Kill4Me; 08-08-2018 at 02:35 PM.